IGNORED

Who is going to leave?

Lez

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

This is true, but begs the question why is Lee saying this in the first place?

The first bit of real friction, i reckon

People knock LJ but i reckon he was pissed off at not getting a striker in Jan. Well pissed off

He won part of the battle last summer I think in reducing, though not eliminating, Ashton's influence over transfers.

I think he accepted that we couldn't get the strikers we wanted in January but he has now thrown down the gauntlet. He has delivered his side of the bargain so far. Now he expects the club to deliver theirs.

Surprised it's not been mentioned but I think we'll do well to keep Webenbauer. I can see some serious offers coming for him.

Josh B is another one who I think we might struggle to keep.

We cannot lose them! 

The rest,  

Pisano, good luck to him.

Watkins (total waste of money),

Moore (not good enough),

Wright (club captain but see Moore),

O' Dowda ( good but not good enough to warrant being our highest paid player, see ya),

Taylor (he's good but not enough return at this level), 

Baker (good but always injured and on a fair wedge),

Kelly (gonna cost someone serious cash),

Moranovic?? Nah, short term 'cover' signing.

Maenpaa? If we get another proven keeper and given how Max is performing, do we need him with other youngsters looking for opportunities?

Semenyo, do we cash in? 

Fammy? Only 2 years left hasn't he?

This won't be popular but is Marlon worth keeping? Getting older, seems to slow things down, gets caught in possession etc and surely one of the big earners?

Frankie, one of the last of the promotion team but time to move on?

I know he's a great player and we love him but will Korey ever get back to what he was?

Massive summer coming and, I think, a lot of changes.

57 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Surprised it's not been mentioned but I think we'll do well to keep Webenbauer. I can see some serious offers coming for him.

Josh B is another one who I think we might struggle to keep.

We cannot lose them! 

The rest,  

Pisano, good luck to him.

Watkins (total waste of money),

Moore (not good enough),

Wright (club captain but see Moore),

O' Dowda ( good but not good enough to warrant being our highest paid player, see ya),

Taylor (he's good but not enough return at this level), 

Baker (good but always injured and on a fair wedge),

Kelly (gonna cost someone serious cash),

Moranovic?? Nah, short term 'cover' signing.

Maenpaa? If we get another proven keeper and given how Max is performing, do we need him with other youngsters looking for opportunities?

Semenyo, do we cash in? 

Fammy? Only 2 years left hasn't he?

This won't be popular but is Marlon worth keeping? Getting older, seems to slow things down, gets caught in possession etc and surely one of the big earners?

Frankie, one of the last of the promotion team but time to move on?

I know he's a great player and we love him but will Korey ever get back to what he was?

Massive summer coming and, I think, a lot of changes.

moore has had a great season, vyner will be part of the team so ptsano and maybe bailey wright will move onto the A LGE i rekon.

pack and korey can move on for me.

kallas and da silva are a must get.

taylor, frankie and baker will leave

we can cash in odowda and watkins.

semenyo could be part of a deal to chelsea (somehow)

2 strikers and 2 central midfielders we should be ok

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I dunno how old george boyd is, but he was a decent player as i remeber.

Infact id swap at least half of the above names for him if our friends in sheffield want them?

There’s a reason Wednesday are getting rid , injury prone and he’s not very good anymore.

11 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Given how poor in the final 3rd we have been I have a feeling that we will totally revamp our front line. Can see Taylor and Diedhou both going and replaced with two real quality strikers (assombalonga, vydra, etc)

Am I the only person who thinks Brit is a massive waste of money 15m for an injury prone player, consistently underperforming? 

So we have:

3 goalkeepers out of contract - Mäenpää, Fielding and Marinovic.  The first two we have a year option on, but have not triggered it, nor do I know if the trigger period has passed.  

Pisano - out of contract.  He will be off.

3 players who we have already taken the year option on - O’Dowda, Taylor and Wright.  I think Callum will be off for anywhere £4m+.  Taylor and Wright have value too, albeit less.  What I don’t know is whether the year option was literally to retain value to move them on thus summer, or whether it was a holding position to see what league we were in before renegotiating.

Then we have the players many if us feel will be moved on:

Baker - 2 years left on somewhere near £20k p/w.  I think he will have enough suitors to get good value.  There will be managers thinking they can get a tune out of him, at £2.5-3.0m.  Plenty of clubs can afford £20k p/w.  When you think Flint at £7m, Baker at a third of that is not unrealistic.

Watkins - 2 years left.  Would suit someone like Barnsley.  Don’t think we’d get our £1m back, but wage bill freed up.

The rest, no idea.

But this summer unlike others will be one to get your business done early.  The window closes for transfers AND loans (in) on 8th Aug (17:00).  We can loan out players to Lg1/2 until 31st Aug, but cannot loan in.  I’m sure we will be retaining fringe players like Eisa until we see those first few games go and check injuries.

9 hours ago, chinapig said:

He won part of the battle last summer I think in reducing, though not eliminating, Ashton's influence over transfers.

I think he accepted that we couldn't get the strikers we wanted in January but he has now thrown down the gauntlet. He has delivered his side of the bargain so far. Now he expects the club to deliver theirs.

I think that is spot on.

Is there ‘friction’ between the HC and the owner? Maybe, I have no doubt LJ thinks he has done enough to prove that promotion is a strong possibility in the next couple of seasons if he is backed with money to improve the starting 11.

If he doesn’t see that forthcoming I honestly believe he will seriously consider his options.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So we have:

3 goalkeepers out of contract - Mäenpää, Fielding and Marinovic.  The first two we have a year option on, but have not triggered it, nor do I know if the trigger period has passed.  

Pisano - out of contract.  He will be off.

3 players who we have already taken the year option on - O’Dowda, Taylor and Wright.  I think Callum will be off for anywhere £4m+.  Taylor and Wright have value too, albeit less.  What I don’t know is whether the year option was literally to retain value to move them on thus summer, or whether it was a holding position to see what league we were in before renegotiating.

Then we have the players many if us feel will be moved on:

Baker - 2 years left on somewhere near £20k p/w.  I think he will have enough suitors to get good value.  There will be managers thinking they can get a tune out of him, at £2.5-3.0m.  Plenty of clubs can afford £20k p/w.  When you think Flint at £7m, Baker at a third of that is not unrealistic.

Watkins - 2 years left.  Would suit someone like Barnsley.  Don’t think we’d get our £1m back, but wage bill freed up.

The rest, no idea.

But this summer unlike others will be one to get your business done early.  The window closes for transfers AND loans (in) on 8th Aug (17:00).  We can loan out players to Lg1/2 until 31st Aug, but cannot loan in.  I’m sure we will be retaining fringe players like Eisa until we see those first few games go and check injuries.

Who would want to buy a player with an injury record as bad as his has been in the last few seasons? I can see it being more likely that if someone comes in with a semi-decent offer for Wright then he will be off, as we don't have to worry about our club captain not being in the starting XI.

Webster next to Kelly/Baker would still be a very good central defensive partnership next year, Taylor Moore or Vyner could easily be that 4th choice, still hoping for Kalas though!

Agree pretty much with everything else you have said, think we will just let Matty Taylor play out the last year of his contract and analyse his situation in 12 months, I can't see the types of offers flooding in that would make it worth offloading him. Mäenpää will have his contract extension triggered too but I think we will also look for a number 1. 

8 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

My list of likely leavers: 

fielding 

pisano 

wright

baker 

pack

o’dowda 

taylor

watkins

Potential leavers

Fammy

moore

Kelly

hunt

Pack just signed a new contract and you have him as a likely leaver?

Zero chance 

13 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've released Gary Hooper, Marco Matias, George Boyd, David Jones, Daniel Pudil and Almen Abdi this evening, if any of those take your fancy?

Is the big lump up front available?!

7 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Pisano is gone, Taylor to L1 would be good for everyone, C'OD to someone like Leeds, Stoke or WBA or a low prem team

I wouldn't be against Diedhiou going, I rate him but if we can get 5-6m for him then we could get a decent unused or underused striker from the prem or championship.

What has COD done to get a premier league club? Or have i missed something.

30 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Who would want to buy a player with an injury record as bad as his has been in the last few seasons? I can see it being more likely that if someone comes in with a semi-decent offer for Wright then he will be off, as we don't have to worry about our club captain not being in the starting XI.

Webster next to Kelly/Baker would still be a very good central defensive partnership next year, Taylor Moore or Vyner could easily be that 4th choice, still hoping for Kalas though!

Agree pretty much with everything else you have said, think we will just let Matty Taylor play out the last year of his contract and analyse his situation in 12 months, I can't see the types of offers flooding in that would make it worth offloading him. Mäenpää will have his contract extension triggered too but I think we will also look for a number 1. 

As I said think there will be managers who think they can get more out of him, can manage him carefully.  Not everyone does the due diligence. Even City!!!

re Taylor, he will have too much value to a lower Champ or high Lg1 team to let his contract run down. If he stays it will be with an extended deal. Imho!!!

6 minutes ago, Lez said:

Pack just signed a new contract and you have him as a likely leaver?

Zero chance 

They mean much less these days. I expect him to be here but it wouldn’t surprise me if someone came in for him either. 

13 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've released Gary Hooper, Marco Matias, George Boyd, David Jones, Daniel Pudil and Almen Abdi this evening, if any of those take your fancy?

What about Barry Bannan?..............:rofl2br:

MS - Must Stay, S-Stay, DM-Don't Mind
G- Go, MG- Must Go

Frank Fielding - S
Stefan Marinovic - G
Niki Mäenpää - DM
Max O'Leary - MS
Jojo Wollacott - DM
Adam Webster - MS
Nathan Baker - S
Tomas Kalas - MS
Bailey Wright - MS
Lloyd Kelly - MS
Jay Dasilva - MS
Jack Hunt - DM
Eros Pisano - DM
Zak Vyner - DM
Korey Smith - MS
Josh Brownhill - MS
Marlon Pack - MS
Liam Walsh - G
Calum o' Dowda - DM
Niclas Eliasson - S
Kasey Palmer - MS
Andreas Weimann - MS
Marley Watkins - S
Hakeeb Adelukan - S
Jamie Paterson - MS
Famara Diedhiou - S
Mo Eisa - S
Matty Taylor - S
Antoine Semenyo - MS

2 hours ago, MattWSM said:

MS - Must Stay, S-Stay, DM-Don't Mind
G- Go, MG- Must Go

Frank Fielding - S
Stefan Marinovic - G
Niki Mäenpää - DM
Max O'Leary - MS
Jojo Wollacott - DM
Adam Webster - MS
Nathan Baker - S
Tomas Kalas - MS
Bailey Wright - MS
Lloyd Kelly - MS
Jay Dasilva - MS
Jack Hunt - DM
Eros Pisano - DM
Zak Vyner - DM
Korey Smith - MS
Josh Brownhill - MS
Marlon Pack - MS
Liam Walsh - G
Calum o' Dowda - DM
Niclas Eliasson - S
Kasey Palmer - MS
Andreas Weimann - MS
Marley Watkins - S
Hakeeb Adelukan - S
Jamie Paterson - MS
Famara Diedhiou - S
Mo Eisa - S
Matty Taylor - S
Antoine Semenyo - MS

You want Walsh to go and Watkins to stay. Hilarious banter. 

Archived