IGNORED

Who is going to leave?

Lez

Here's my thoughts.

Going

Fielding

Dasilva                                                                 * but summer signing

Baker

O'Dowda                                                                 sorry to say

Kelly                                                                           raise some cash.

Kalas                                                                      *** Please please be a summer signing

Palmer                                                                     * summer signing

Vyner

Taylor Moore

Loaned out

Taylor

Watkins

Eisa

Holden

Bakinson

Smith

Dowling

McCouisky.

2 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Here's my thoughts.

Going

Fielding

Dasilva                                                                 * but summer signing

Baker

O'Dowda                                                                 sorry to say

Kelly                                                                           raise some cash.

Kalas                                                                      *** Please please be a summer signing

Palmer                                                                     * summer signing

Vyner

Taylor Moore

Loaned out

Taylor

Watkins

Eisa

Holden

Bakinson

Smith

Dowling

McCouisky.

Your list lacks a little credibility due to the fact that you want to keep at least one player who has already left the club ! 

18 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

We've released Gary Hooper, Marco Matias, George Boyd, David Jones, Daniel Pudil and Almen Abdi this evening, if any of those take your fancy?

Is Hooper much cop these days? Aside from a main striker, we could do with a decent squad striker who can come off the bench. But I am guessing he is not the player he was five or six years ago?

17 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Is Wright now out of favour? Was always solid enough for us at this level and we hoped he would stay, but he hasn't really been missed at the back.

Behind the excellent Webster and Kalas in the pecking order this season. Wright has filled in at right back or when we’ve gone to a back 3. 

55 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Here's my thoughts.

Going

Fielding

Baker

Vyner

Taylor Moore

Loaned out

Taylor

Watkins

Eisa

Holden

Bakinson

Smith

Dowling

McCouisky.

Do you think we need permission from Forest Green to loan their player out or should we not tell them?!?

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

Is Wright now out of favour? Was always solid enough for us at this level and we hoped he would stay, but he hasn't really been missed at the back.

Once you’ve had the like of Kalas and Webster, Wright just seems a bit of a weak link. Works hard enough and very likeable - really for the two thumbs up at the end of the game. 

Perhaps I’ve been harsh on him - he has been better cover than Baker has. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Once you’ve had the like of Kalas and Webster, Wright just seems a bit of a weak link. Works hard enough and very likeable - really for the two thumbs up at the end of the game. 

Perhaps I’ve been harsh on him - he has been better cover than Baker has. 

Realistically Kalas won't be here next season, so expect a partnership of Bailey Wright and Webster is my thoughts 

2 hours ago, Negan said:

You want Walsh to go and Watkins to stay. Hilarious banter. 

Seen a few games for Walsh and not a fan so can go for me whereas Watkins think  have seen once so need to see more hence why stay but not a must

Not a huge amount of thought gone in tbh

:)

I'd be happy to keep Wright as cover or when we slot into a back 3- would rather be rid of Baker tbh if it helps Kalas.

Or even in certain games Wright-Webster-Kalas-Kelly if we want to go really compact and totally overload the middle.

Were we to make him available though. Teams like Barnsley, Luton or bottom third yet reasonably alright footballing sides like Wigan possibly.

Similar applies for if we try to move Taylor on. Think they'd be reasonable fits at clubs like those.

I think much thought has to go into whether we retain Marlon Pack. My heart says keep him as I’ve been a huge fan of his, much preferring him to Korey Smith for example. He has a great range of passing and, if he’d only use it more, a strong shot. But my head though asks if there is any more improvement in him. He played all 46 league games this season which shows what LJ thinks of him but can he take us to the next level. I’m not sure. It might just be the time to cut the ties and put more faith in Walsh to get us moving forward. 

8 hours ago, Super said:

Is the big lump up front available?!

What has COD done to get a premier league club? Or have i missed something.

Yeah I'd say so, been really poor this season.

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Is Hooper much cop these days? Aside from a main striker, we could do with a decent squad striker who can come off the bench. But I am guessing he is not the player he was five or six years ago?

Hard to say. He was great last season until a bad injury kept him out for 15 months. He's rumoured to have been on 30-40k a week and with 2 other strikers in Rhodes and Fletcher on a similar amount we've had to let him go unfortunately. Could be a really good signing for someone if he manages to stay fit.  

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I think much thought has to go into whether we retain Marlon Pack. My heart says keep him as I’ve been a huge fan of his, much preferring him to Korey Smith for example. He has a great range of passing and, if he’d only use it more, a strong shot. But my head though asks if there is any more improvement in him. He played all 46 league games this season which shows what LJ thinks of him but can he take us to the next level. I’m not sure. It might just be the time to cut the ties and put more faith in Walsh to get us moving forward. 

Can't see us getting rid of our player who has played every game in a team that finished 8th.... We simply need more options in this area. Korey will miss the start of next season and to be honest I can't see him playing many more games for us.

That leaves us with Pack, Brownhill and Walsh.

A real statement can be made here by signing a top class midfielder who can play in the Marlon/Korey role at the base of midfield. 

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Can't see us getting rid of our player who has played every game in a team that finished 8th.... We simply need more options in this area. Korey will miss the start of next season and to be honest I can't see him playing many more games for us.

That leaves us with Pack, Brownhill and Walsh.

A real statement can be made here by signing a top class midfielder who can play in the Marlon/Korey role at the base of midfield. 

Indeed. I don’t see any reason at all to get rid, especially with Korey out, but it would do us and him a lot of good to give him real competition for a starting place. 

10 hours ago, MattWSM said:

MS - Must Stay, S-Stay, DM-Don't Mind
G- Go, MG- Must Go

Frank Fielding - S
Stefan Marinovic - G
Niki Mäenpää - DM
Max O'Leary - MS
Jojo Wollacott - DM
Adam Webster - MS
Nathan Baker - S
Tomas Kalas - MS
Bailey Wright - MS
Lloyd Kelly - MS
Jay Dasilva - MS
Jack Hunt - DM
Eros Pisano - DM
Zak Vyner - DM
Korey Smith - MS
Josh Brownhill - MS
Marlon Pack - MS
Liam Walsh - G
Calum o' Dowda - DM
Niclas Eliasson - S
Kasey Palmer - MS
Andreas Weimann - MS
Marley Watkins - S
Hakeeb Adelukan - S
Jamie Paterson - MS
Famara Diedhiou - S
Mo Eisa - S
Matty Taylor - S
Antoine Semenyo - MS

Thanks for the useful ‘key’ to help us understand the meaning of the initials - but you said ‘MG’ means ‘must go’ yet you didn’t assign that to any player?!

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for the useful ‘key’ to help us understand the meaning of the initials - but you said ‘MG’ means ‘must go’ yet you didn’t assign that to any player?!

Not yet as didn't spend enough time, not sure there is a must go

can you amend?

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t you want Korey to stay James? 

I wouldn't be upset if he left.

He took a while to make the step up to Championship level and has been plagued with injuries.

On his day he is a very good player, but his injury issues have meant he hasn't progressed as much as he could have.

If he stays I won't be unhappy, but he is far from a "must stay".

Korey smith the best central midfielder we have , unlucky with injuries yes but defo worth keeping , everyones worries about keeping kalas im more worried that someone will bid high for webster ...if we lose the pair of them we are left with wright and baker .

On 05/05/2019 at 20:52, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Given how poor in the final 3rd we have been I have a feeling that we will totally revamp our front line. Can see Taylor and Diedhou both going and replaced with two real quality strikers (assombalonga, vydra, etc)

How much do you think we could get for Fam? certainly not 5m

My thoughts

MS - Must Stay, S-Stay, DM-Don't Mind
G- Go, MG- Must Go

Frank Fielding - MG
Stefan Marinovic - MG
Niki Mäenpää - MS
Max O'Leary - MS
Jojo Wollacott - S
Adam Webster - MS
Nathan Baker - Stay only if Kalas is not signed
Tomas Kalas - S if he is affordable
Bailey Wright - G just too slow
Lloyd Kelly - S or sell if we get a great offer. 
Jay Dasilva - S if affordable
Jack Hunt - MS
Eros Pisano - G
Zak Vyner - S
Korey Smith - MS
Josh Brownhill - MS
Marlon Pack - MS
Liam Walsh - G
Calum o' Dowda - G if he doesn't sign a contract in June
Niclas Eliasson - S
Kasey Palmer - S only if price is right
Andreas Weimann - MS