IGNORED

Who is going to leave?

Lez

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

How much do you think we could get for Fam? certainly not 5m

You would easily get that - proven two seasons in a row he scores goals in this league. 

Been playing a tough role that doesn’t suit him this season and missed first 6 games - still got 13 goals which isn’t bad. 

A player who scores 20 a season goes for around £15m these days. 

36 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Surprised to see Patterson marked as must stay. He is too inconsistent to build around

We’d all like to see an upgrade on Paterson  but he’s the type of player that Johnson likes so he will stay even if it’s as a 15-20 game squad player.

40 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

That's because he is

He really isn't.

He's been injured for the majority of the last few seasons, and his injuries have meant he hasn't improved as much as he could have done.

I'm not suggesting he is "must go", far from it, but he's also far from "must stay".

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wouldn't be upset if he left.

He took a while to make the step up to Championship level and has been plagued with injuries.

On his day he is a very good player, but his injury issues have meant he hasn't progressed as much as he could have.

If he stays I won't be unhappy, but he is far from a "must stay".

Did you really see his 15/16 performances as taking a while to step-up?  Fine if you did.  

Other than Kodjia, I thought Korey was our best player, and played most of post-Xmas carrying an ankle injury that he soldiered on through.  Thought he was the main reason we stayed up.

• Admin
Just now, RedM said:

I think we might hear about our departures soon if Sheff Weds have released theirs. Usually first working day after end of season isn’t it?

I would imagine player meetings are taking place this week before they go off for their holidays etc

Those being kept on would be weighed etc, and told what shape to come back in next season

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did you really see his 15/16 performances as taking a while to step-up?  Fine if you did.  

Other than Kodjia, I thought Korey was our best player, and played most of post-Xmas carrying an ankle injury that he soldiered on through.  Thought he was the main reason we stayed up.

I thought most of our team took a while to step up.

That's not to say he didn't put in some good performances- I'm not in any way saying Korey is a bad player, though he is the most overrated player on OTIB (Last season that was Flint by a country mile). But with Korey's repeated injuries over the last few seasons I don't see him as a "must stay" player when he's spending more time unavailable than available.

26 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I thought most of our team took a while to step up.

That's not to say he didn't put in some good performances- I'm not in any way saying Korey is a bad player, though he is the most overrated player on OTIB (Last season that was Flint by a country mile). But with Korey's repeated injuries over the last few seasons I don't see him as a "must stay" player when he's spending more time unavailable than available.

That’s fair enough.  I would like a Korey mk2...but better.

19 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Can't see us getting rid of our player who has played every game in a team that finished 8th.... We simply need more options in this area. Korey will miss the start of next season and to be honest I can't see him playing many more games for us.

That leaves us with Pack, Brownhill and Walsh.

A real statement can be made here by signing a top class midfielder who can play in the Marlon/Korey role at the base of midfield. 

I don’t disagree with this. It’s not that I want to see Pack depart but his continued role as an automatic pick must come into question. Too often our transition from defence to attack is not quick enough and, while this is not entirely due to Marlon, he is a significant factor. If we are to continue progress I feel, however reluctantly, if he is not to depart he must play less. Either the younger bloods like Walsh or Morrell need to be stepped up or we need to recruit a box to box midfielder to fill the role. 

Pato contracted until 2021.  Signed a 3 year deal last summer, replacing the one that expired this summer.

Semenyo contracted until 2020, signed 2 year deal last summer.  It might have a year option too (not reported by club).

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I don't think that's accurate, nor is Korey ooc next month.

Korey signed a 1 year extension whilst out injured, now expires summer 2020

On 06/05/2019 at 10:35, Lez said:

Pack just signed a new contract and you have him as a likely leaver?

Zero chance 

Shame if that's the case as we really need an upgrade to Marlon.

Too often he moves backwards or sideways when recieving the ball, all the best players in that position will naturally get the ball out of your feet and look to drive forwards.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if he stays as he can do a job at this level, but if we want to continue our push up the table I suggest Marlon step aside for a more offensive, quarter back kind of midfielder.

If we do make such a move, no doubt that itll be a huge statement of intent; watch out, step aside, cos City's here mind!!!

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pato contracted until 2021.  Signed a 3 year deal last summer, replacing the one that expired this summer.

Semenyo contracted until 2020, signed 2 year deal last summer.  It might have a year option too (not reported by club).

Korey signed a 1 year extension whilst out injured, now expires summer 2020

Ah, that’s good then. Only one left out of contract next month then is Nikki. 

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I believe there is a one year option?

There is / was.  I’ve no idea by what date the club had to trigger it.  In some cases, it has to be triggered no later than 6 months before it expires.

Niki could be negotiating a better deal.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There is / was.  I’ve no idea by what date the club had to trigger it.  In some cases, it has to be triggered no later than 6 months before it expires.

Niki could be negotiating a better deal.

He obviously hasn’t been announced as leaving today with Frankie and Eros, so somethings happening. He’d be a good back up if we get Steffen and send Max out on loan. 

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

He really isn't.

He's been injured for the majority of the last few seasons, and his injuries have meant he hasn't improved as much as he could have done.

I'm not suggesting he is "must go", far from it, but he's also far from "must stay".

My concern with Korey is I think his game is heavily dependent on him being fully fit and full of energy and running. I think, when that is the case, he is one of our most important players.

However he is going to miss pre-season and a sizeable chunk of next season, notwithstanding the possibility of further complications meaning he is out longer still. I am not confident he will be fully fit at any point next season and, when he is not fully fit, I don’t think he is anywhere near as effective. I don’t think we should get rid, and aside from anything else, he has been a key player for six years and it is just a bit shitty to move a valuable player on when they are injured. But I do think we need to plan as though he is not an option and see him as a bonus if he is available.

1 hour ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Imagine we would accept his book value. Assuming he was on a 4 year contract that is £2.5m..

There’s no way we would accept £2.5m

A couple of clubs looking at him, both of which would pay more than that.

Can only see us contemplating selling Fam if we sign a new “main man” (which is highly likely) as City won’t leave a £5m signing on the bench

2 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Would think 3.5 as a minimum would be more the figure, no way they’d flog him for more than half the price they got for him seeing he’s our top scorer too 

In what world has he lost value since he’s been here.

Archived