IGNORED

Flare

MattWSM

We don't want to be getting a reputation for this again, much as it can add to the atmosphere.

Technically flares and smoke devices aren't the same- flares are likely worse. I'm not anti it, indifferent at worst and possibly pro if anything- but as long as it remains illegal having a reputation for it isn't ideal as fans, as a club.

1 hour ago, MattWSM said:

What is the general opinion of the flares going off

Do we know who let it off?

Was it the same person who let them off at Millwall and outside the stadium after the match today :)

Outside the ground? Surprised he/she wasn’t nicked.

I love them though. Massively add to atmosphere.

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Is it worth getting a banning order for the sake of a bit of coloured smoke?

Playing devil`s advocate here but is it actually a banning offence if it happened outside the ground though? Do the same rules apply? It could be argued that it was let off by some random person who hadn`t even been to the game - unlikely I know but once you`re out of the stadium where does `football related` stop?

10 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Just sums the law up. Thought these things were causing asthma attacks? Absolute garbage they feed us with, double standards much.

I must admit it was quite powerful, even at a distance and I don’t have asthma. I was surprised to see them being used. Looked good though. 

15 hours ago, MattWSM said:

What is the general opinion of the flares going off

Do we know who let it off?

Was it the same person who let them off at Millwall and outside the stadium after the match today :)

Shouldn't be allowed into the ground. Dangerous things.  Stewards need to step up and stop them,  coming into the ground. 

1 hour ago, South Somerset Red said:

Just sums the law up. Thought these things were causing asthma attacks? Absolute garbage they feed us with, double standards much.

Not sure what you think is "garbage". If it's the suggestion that they are a risk when let off in the stands then sorry mate but that is anything but 'garbage'. Not just asthma attacks, but all sorts of other illnesses that affect the lungs. Cystic fibrosis for one. 

2 hours ago, South Somerset Red said:

I suppose a difference here is that it isn't just asthma attacks that'd make it unlawful and pose a risk but also a lack of control.

That picture? Looks a fairly controlled environment carried out presumably (hopefully) by someone who has a clue.

Person in the stand with it could be sensible- but they could also be an idiot, or drunk- or a drunken idiot! Just no way of knowing.

Forgetting the asthma debate a minute, important too is the fact they may drop it, or it may set smoke alarms off causing a partial evacuation, or it may injure someone or even they may panic about arrest and throw it on the pitch- these aren't made-up either, fairly sure all of this has happened at various grounds!

That's before we even get onto cf or asthma risk.

The other problem is that they burn at such temperatures- flares more so than mere devices that let off coloured smoke- you do not want it in untrained let alone potentially idiotic hands.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/newsnow/248634/brondy-and-the-danish-fa-are-working-together-to-develop-safe-pyrotechnic-flares-that-burn-at-low-temperatures.html

It's an article from late 2016 but you maybe interested.

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

Love the pyro - either the smoke or flares or both. 

While it's illegal it shouldn’t be done as it attracts unwanted attention. 

It certainly got my attention... almost looked pink to start with....

IMG_20190505_142225.jpg

The Happy Clappers hate them, the Old Skool football fans love um.

Brings a bit of atmosphere and support into the City end. Went to Charlton away on a night game a few years ago. They expected circa 500 to turn up and we had somewhere around 1500 there (maybe more bit my memory is pretty shite TBH). The OB were under prepared.

Flare goes on the pitch and bloody hell, it was like a City home game - great days. Great day out was that.

There was a video on YouTube at one time that was worth a watch.

8 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Brings a bit of atmosphere and support into the City end. Went to Charlton away on a night game a few years ago. They expected circa 500 to turn up and we had somewhere around 1500 there (maybe more bit my memory is pretty shite TBH). The OB were under prepared.

Flare goes on the pitch and bloody hell, it was like a City home game - great days. Great day out was that.

Just shy of 2,000 we had turn up mate. Never went, but have heard all sorts of stories about it. The video is great as well.

That post sums JBFC II up, complete snob. Bet he’s great fun at parties.

11 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Never went but read good things about it on here- from what I've read City atmosphere àt it was special.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/charlton-athletic-1-bristol-city-1-mccombe-steps-up-to-provide-citys-cure-for-altitude-sickness-791416.html?amp

This game sounds about right?

Archived