IGNORED

What's on this summer?

barneyrubble

Football is done for a couple of months apart from checking otib to see who we are signing.

I'm planning on watching the cricket got tickets to watch  an England game and an Australian one. Also plan to watch some t20 at Gloucestershire. 

Always look forward to the open golf championship but that's about it.

Massive off season for us on decisions for players, would really like us to get business done early but not sure this will happen. 

Key decisions  kalas , quality centre midfielder and proven goalscorer.

Have a good summer whatever your doing.  

Loads of great cricket to look forward to to fill n the close season. The World Cup from the end of May straight after the playoffs finish and on till mid July by which time next year`s fixtures will be out, transfers will be happening and pre-season friendlies will have started.

4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

You are all forgetting about the Spice Girls At AG.....

Take That at AG not Spice Girls isn't it ?

Mrs. got tickets for Take That and Spice Girls at Cardiff.

(or is it the other way round) ?

Anyway, hopefully off to the Nations Cup 1st-6th June in Portugal, then hols in July - that'll fill in some time till August.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Take That at AG not Spice Girls isn't it ?

Mrs. got tickets for Take That and Spice Girls at Cardiff.

(or is it the other way round) ?

Anyway, hopefully off to the Nations Cup 1st-6th June in Portugal, then hols in July - that'll fill in some time till August.

Both are at AG this summer.

Got Weller at Westonbirt ,
Bill Bailey at Shepton ,
Billy Bragg at Fiddlers,
Gladys Knight in Bournemouth,
Will try and get to a few other gigs too.
Wimbledon   :disapointed2se:
Did think about trying to get tickets for the Nations League, going to have to stick to the TV.
Not been to see GCCC for a while, might pop up, and Cricket World Cup TV again.
and you just know there will be daily links to all sorts of random players to keep up with.

Let’s rock Exeter June 29 I think 

one of the best weekends of the years if you are over 50

great music in a fantastic location with all the larger and lime you could wish for

highly recommended 

tickets not a bad price either and you can bring your own food and drink ( no booze) In to the venue 

camping available 

NO I DONT WORK FOR THEM ......

Cricket, cricket and more cricket both live and on Sky.

Outdoor bowls has already started so that’ll take up a far bit of my summer. 

International footie will suppress my withdrawal symptoms from the beautiful game.

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Let’s rock Exeter June 29 I think 

one of the best weekends of the years if you are over 50

great music in a fantastic location with all the larger and lime you could wish for

highly recommended 

tickets not a bad price either and you can bring your own food and drink ( no booze) In to the venue 

camping available 

NO I DONT WORK FOR THEM ......

Gutted when they moved it away from Ashton Court, had some great days up there watching some absolute quality 

For me, the summer begins with the highest, and noblest, intentions - the novels I will read, the galleries I shall visit, the various self-improving activities and volunteering positions I will take up, the hours and days I will spend away from social meeder and digital what-have-you - giving football, and OTIB, a miss for several weeks, before, inevitably, after no time at all, barely hours, I am back on here, having a peek, then spending hours and days following gormless transfer threads and rumours, and drawn back into gormless, futile squabbles, with fellow posters, some of whom I will, unwittingly, be hugging and embracing at Wembley in 12 months time, as Marlon Pack and Fam slot home their pens to take us back to the top after 40 long years ....

In short, OTIB and day-dreaming.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Cricket, cricket and more cricket both live and on Sky.

Outdoor bowls has already started so that’ll take up a far bit of my summer. 

International footie will suppress my withdrawal symptoms from the beautiful game.

Do you prefer do it indoors or outdoors Robbored?

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Do you prefer do it indoors or outdoors Robbored?

Outdoor is far more challenging but weather dependent. Dry and it’s swings well, wet and it’s swings much less. Conditions change during a match and in the evening games the saying “after 8 put on weight” is so true when the dew comes up. Different greens are often unpredictable and that adds to the challenge of the game.

On a warm, balmy evening there’s nothing quite like a game of bowls. However when it rains it’s nowhere near as enjoyable.....:facepalm:

Although indoor is the same game it’s far more precise. Hardly any variation in line or length so if you find the right weight it won’t change - until the jack length gets changed and that can and does make quite a difference. I remember being 12-0 up on my rink and they won an end and put up a minimal length. None of my team adapted and we lost 19-14.......

So.....in nice weather I enjoy outdoor more but indoor when it’s pissing with rain! 

Watching the playoffs and Nations Cup, fishing in the local pond, some Pike and Sturgeon were put in last Autumn for a competition,  not all were caught,  as well as the usual Roach and Perch. the Mrs will want to go to some local concerts,  as a lot of them are on Saturdays, so of course I can't go,  because listening to the games commentary comes first. Might also spend a few weeks travelling around Latvia and Lithuania, some nice places there.  After all that,  back to the start of the new season,  hopefully with a new striker and creative midfield player and not ones for the future. but for next seasons campaign. 

Archived