IGNORED

Ref yesterday

Not sure what he was up to but how can he and the Lino give a goal. Both run to centre circle and then change there minds after Hull refuse to ko argue with him. Same with our equaliser disallows it then changes his mind.

Also will Hull be charged by the FA for intimidating a match official, not controlling there players when goal get disallowed.

14 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Not sure what he was up to but how can he and the Lino give a goal. Both run to centre circle and then change there minds after Hull refuse to ko argue with him. Same with our equaliser disallows it then changes his mind.

Also will Hull be charged by the FA for intimidating a match official, not controlling there players when goal get disallowed.

As @Olé says in his report, the decision over the Eliason goal made no sense. The ref gave the goal, and the lino clearly saw nothing wrong with it as he ran back towards the half way line. It was only when the Hull players protested that the officials had a conversation. As both must have seen nothing wrong with the goal initially, it would be interesting to know what caused them to change their minds.

14 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Who cares? We didn't go up, Get over it

Personally I want to see us win every game, no matter whether we can go up or not. 

The fact the referee stopped that from happening by being so weak is annoying

59 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Who cares? We didn't go up, Get over it

I think everyone should care that the officials don't get things wrong. Didn't affect this outcome but, others will and have. So if you don't think it's important for officials to get things right, why have them.

In the cold light of day, was he so bad?

The Eliasson one was peculiar, as people have said, seeing nothing wrong and changing his mind after protests. But there does seem to be a hint of handball, didn't look clear to me, but a case to answer.

With the one he did let us have, if he spotted that it flicked off the defender (ironically off his hand his hand by the look of it), that was a good spot, and certainly one that nobody round me saw at the time, although we had a good view.

What I did object to was that yet again, they did the most fouls and we got the bookings. When we are struggling to get our game going, it is infuriating when we do get it right and are stopped by a trip or tug.

1 minute ago, Lucan said:

Not really. For some reason a core of posters on OTIB have decided there is a conspiracy against City, that every referee favours the opposition etc.

Tin foil hats

I don't think that's the case. I just think they are useless in general.....too many big decisions wrong throughout the season for numerous teams

7 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

As from next season I think the ruling changes.

Still, let's be honest had it been up the other end we wouldn't have been appreciative of that sort of goal being awarded.

Then again, given some of the appalling decisions against us this season but especially of late...I couldn't care less if there were a few handballs in the buildup- refereeing decisions even out my...

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Still, let's be honest had it been up the other end we wouldn't have been appreciative of that sort of goal being awarded.

Then again, given some of the appalling decisions against us this season but especially of late...I couldn't care less if there were a few handballs in the buildup- refereeing decisions even out my...

Oh I agree, I said at the time watching it live it would be ruled out. I was sat down near the front and the assistant referee was in contact with the ref all game. You could see them chatting away. Not that it matters now, but if the assistant referee had seen something clear he would have notified the ref straight away. But no he started walking back to the halfway line. I am afraid this referee has made a massive mistake, all teams look at what officials are taking their next game, and now they know they can pressurise this ref knowing their is a chance they can get a decision overuled.

Very odd - I mean the Elliasson was handball but the Lino never flagged and the ref had no interest until the Hull players got round him.

2nd one - Lino flagged but decision reversed. Not so much of a big deal as clearly ref went over to check what he had flagged for and reached a decision together. But obviously looked really stupid after the first one. 

I don’t think there is any kind of conspiracy or anything. Just a lot of pressure on officials. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh! this reasoning that we wouldn't appreciate it if it was up the other end, and Super congratulating Derby ON HERE!!!, and Lucan telling us all to get over it....is it any wonder we can't push that little bit further with support like this? 

You take what is given, and go with it, because on another day it will be the other way around. 

11 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Very odd - I mean the Elliasson was handball but the Lino never flagged and the ref had no interest until the Hull players got round him.

2nd one - Lino flagged but decision reversed. Not so much of a big deal as clearly ref went over to check what he had flagged for and reached a decision together. But obviously looked really stupid after the first one. 

I don’t think there is any kind of conspiracy or anything. Just a lot of pressure on officials. 

Agreed no conspiracy, and very naive to think there is.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Oh! this reasoning that we wouldn't appreciate it if it was up the other end, and Super congratulating Derby ON HERE!!!, and Lucan telling us all to get over it....is it any wonder we can't push that little bit further with support like this? 

You take what is given, and go with it, because on another day it will be the other way around. 

It was one of those, wasn't it?

Ah, is that the old 'it all evens out in the end'  theory.

Well there's no conspiracy I agree with that. Plus looking forward to 2019/20 more now as a lot of evening out surely awaits!

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It was one of those, wasn't it?

Ah, is that the old 'it all evens out in the end theory'. Well there's no conspiracy I agree with that angle but at the same time, a lot of evening out next season awaits!

??We can expect to romp the league next season with all the penalties and offside goals we'll be getting!

9 hours ago, NickJ said:

As @Olé says in his report, the decision over the Eliason goal made no sense. The ref gave the goal, and the lino clearly saw nothing wrong with it as he ran back towards the half way line. It was only when the Hull players protested that the officials had a conversation. As both must have seen nothing wrong with the goal initially, it would be interesting to know what caused them to change their minds.

Inconsistent officials again, they should have to explain why or what changed there mind to disallow the goal, like they used to do years ago on tv, after the match,

7 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Inconsistent officials again, they should have to explain why or what changed there mind to disallow the goal, like they used to do years ago on tv, after the match,

I would love referees to be interviewed after games, just as long as they are allowed to also talk about the cheating, diving and abuse they get from the players. Perhaps they could also talk about all the inconsistencies from the players over the 90 mins as well!

12 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Im more concerned about out management. Get ourselves good management then we wont be crying about officials

Even the top managers can't change the referees decisions, I'd reckon even fergie had the odd decision go against him

What a weird post... 

No doubt it was handball, but that’s not the issue here, neither official seen the the handball, Ref gave it and was on his way back towards the halfway line until surrounded by Hull players and Lino didn’t flag or give any indication that he saw something and was also heading back towards the halfway line. The Ref was forced by Hull players to speak to the Lino and between them decided they saw something that they clearly didn’t. If the Linesman sees something he HAS to flag it.

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

No doubt it was handball, but that’s not the issue here, neither official seen the the handball, Ref gave it and was on his way back towards the halfway line until surrounded by Hull players and Lino didn’t flag or give any indication that he saw something and was also heading back towards the halfway line. The Ref was forced by Hull players to speak to the Lino and between them decided they saw something that they clearly didn’t. If the Linesman sees something he HAS to flag it.

It was very strange. I still, can't work out who did see it. The fourth official was in no position to see it. So what was their conversation about?

Maybe it was like Diedhiou and Birmingham last season. Two Hull players said they seen it, so even though there's no evidence otherwise, it must have been. Let's hope word doesn't get round or we could be in for a tough season next year. 

Archived