IGNORED

Geordie surfer

City fan 1982

No ,not a bloke surfing on the toon ! Newcastle fans have raised £15k for a huge surfer flag, have seen a few people on Facebook mention we could do a crowdfunding campaign for one at the gate . 

Whilst I think it looks good , could such a target be reached ?  Or would it be better to raise as much as possible and have smaller displays ,two poles etc. 

Just seems a lot to spend , just to unfurl just before kick off , only to fold it up and put it away soon after   Thoughts .....

27 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

I put loads of money on for a few surfers for them never to be seen again, apart from on the side of bloody buildings. Bit of a joke really. 

Are they held by the club?

We should have the Murray surfer out for big games at AG, pass it along the South Stand.

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

We already have two - Murray one and the England flag

Surprised they were not brought out for the Derby game with the club trying to push the atmosphere so much that day

I dont think it helps that city fans seem incapable of being able to surf a flag properly

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

I dont think it helps that city fans seem incapable of being able to surf a flag properly

Last few attempts have been embarrassing. People too worried they'll miss a few seconds of players shaking hands before kick off & rush it away from them. 

Best one recently, was when a few of us simply held it in place in the Atyeo and didn't surf it across. 

3 hours ago, Badger08 said:

I put loads of money on for a few surfers for them never to be seen again, apart from on the side of bloody buildings. Bit of a joke really. 

The two large surfers mentioned above (Murray and St George) have both been on display a number of times over the past couple of seasons. 

Main problems have been ;

1) Not many people help to organise 

2) Not many people know how to surf it properly and it ends up a mess with people just trying to pass it by their heads as quickly as possible. 

3) Not many people to help tidy up afterwards. 

Those things combined mean they come out rarely now. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Last few attempts have been embarrassing. People too worried they'll miss a few seconds of players shaking hands before kick off & rush it away from them. 

Best one recently, was when a few of us simply held it in place in the Atyeo and didn't surf it across. 

When was a surfer used in the Atyeo?

That must be going back a bit

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

The two large surfers mentioned above (Murray and St George) have both been on display a number of times over the past couple of seasons. 

Main problems have been ;

1) Not many people help to organise 

2) Not many people know how to surf it properly and it ends up a mess with people just trying to pass it by their heads as quickly as possible. 

3) Not many people to help tidy up afterwards. 

Those things combined mean they come out rarely now. 

Disagree slightly, was asked to sort the one to start in the Dolman for the two Manchester games all went ok, only problem was we were supposed to start it when the teams came out but there was a slight delay so the flag went slightly earlier

Those that asked me know myself and the other two who helped will always start it off from E34

Maybe part of the problem people aren't asked to help?

Archived