IGNORED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

BessexRED

Been linked with him a few times, again today. I can’t imagine we’d want him if Palmer signs? He’d be another promising youngster from the lower leagues that doesn’t get much game time.

23 years old and 15 goals 7 assists from midfield though, not bad.

I don’t mind these transfers. Brownhill, Adelakun and Szmodics. They are low risk and high reward. Yes every bit of money counts for us but turning a free transfer or compensation into a 5-10m player is worth it. Brownhill when sold will cover 5 of these types of players. 

I haven’t seen much of him but as you said 15 goals and 7 assists is pretty good. Can easily have him and Palmer(or any AM signed) as he’d probably be on the old 12-18 months fast track. I reckon Adelakun would have featured much more without his injury so keep the faith in these transfers. Prefer them to the Engvall and Eisa ones anyway!

On 06/05/2019 at 19:16, BessexRED said:

Been linked with him a few times, again today. I can’t imagine we’d want him if Palmer signs? He’d be another promising youngster from the lower leagues that doesn’t get much game time.

23 years old and 15 goals 7 assists from midfield though, not bad.

We have to remember that this is league two though. Can you imagine what Palmer would do in that league, he’d rip it up! If we’re signing this kid from Colchester, we’ll be taking a gamble. 

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

We have to remember that this is league two though. Can you imagine what Palmer would do in that league, he’d rip it up! If we’re signing this kid from Colchester, we’ll be taking a gamble. 

Every signing is a gamble though, even if it's a proven player. Ask Man Utd about Sanchez. Or Barca about Coutinho.

Looks like a good bit of business on a free:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammie_Szmodics

From the clubs perspective....With LJ’s coaching skills he might mature into a quality player for us, if however he improves, but not  enough, we should be able to sell him on at a profit.

For him.....joining us provides a golden opportunity to demonstrate what he can do at a higher level.

56 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Looks like a good bit of business on a free:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammie_Szmodics

From the clubs perspective....With LJ’s coaching skills he might mature into a quality player for us, if however he improves, but not  enough, we should be able to sell him on at a profit.

For him.....joining us provides a golden opportunity to demonstrate what he can do at a higher level.

Possibly another Bradley Dack (without the unpleasant hotel room behaviour) that we won`t miss out on this time?

39 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Not overly impressed by that montage.

As youtube videos go, that wasn't one of the best !

I'm sure there's more to his game than those brief clips.

Large parts of L2 fan base have called him the best player in the league last year, judging from a twitter search rummage!

Archived