IGNORED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

BessexRED

39 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Looking at his stats, 14 goals from midfield is impressive, but 9 assists even more so, looking at some of the chances missed by his team mates you would like to think he would do even better with better players.

I’ll try and build some Lg2 data over the next day or so. Be interesting to see his xA data vs actual assists. 

42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Looking at his stats, 14 goals from midfield is impressive, but 9 assists even more so, looking at some of the chances missed by his team mates you would like to think he would do even better with better players.

Yep I was thinking he does some great things in some clips and his teammates then let him down

12 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Isn't he out of contract?

£750k sounds a lot of money to avoid a tribunal.

Paid a lot less for Adelenkun, who performed in a higher division.

I'm not saying he's not coming. Just that price doesn't seem right.

So at that price you don't think he should, COME ON DOWN!!!

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Wouldn't bet on Diedhiou to miss any less after some of his last season ?

Who would he replace in the team? Guessing he'd be a no10 

17 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Wouldn't bet on Diedhiou to miss any less after some of his last season ?

Who would he replace in the team? Guessing he'd be a no10 

looks it doesn't he? Although I seem to remember ColU fans saying he does his fair share of tracking back too and a lot of those clips show him coming from deep with the ball.

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Clips probably look better than the stats.  Compared to Reece Brown, who we were rumoured to be after and our own Tyreeq Bakinson for good measure.

7B15EEBB-FFFF-413F-9066-80F823867C9A.jpeg

EDC44B48-24AB-4B68-BB2E-B553A93C3C41.jpeg

D835F5F5-CAFB-4E2A-B8E6-FE8F58885076.jpeg

Is that a fair comparison though? Szmodics seems to play as a forward, whereas what I know of Brown and definitely Bakinson, they play deeper. For example, Szmodics is more likely to be on the end of a through ball than making one

1 minute ago, chipdawg said:

Is that a fair comparison though? Szmodics seems to play as a forward, whereas what I know of Brown and definitely Bakinson, they play deeper. For example, Szmodics is more likely to be on the end of a through ball than making one

Thats how I see it as well.

3 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Being reported that Peterborough have agreed a fee for Szmodics now.... maybe this one isn’t a done deal after all ??‍♂️

Bad news from what I've seen of him

27 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Being reported that Peterborough have agreed a fee for Szmodics now.... maybe this one isn’t a done deal after all ??‍♂️

No fee to be agreed is there ?

He is out of contract and entirely up to him where he goes.

Could be wrong but as I see it Colchester will get compensation due to his age, either through a tribunal or a mutal agreement with the receiving club but its not up to them where the player goes regardless of the "fee" being offered.

Where is this reported by the way ?

16 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Agreeing a fee with another club doesn’t matter does it? We can still agree terms with him and go to tribunal can’t we?

That's assuming we have made an acceptable offer as there was talk of him signing a short term contract at Colchester to ensure they get a fee not just compensation.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Could be wrong but as I see it Colchester will get compensation due to his age, either through a tribunal or a mutal agreement with the receiving club but its not up to them where the player goes regardless of the "fee" being offered.

Probably from here.....

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Could be that Posh have agreed a compensation fee.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Could be that Posh have agreed a compensation fee.

But they can agree whatever they like, it has no bearing on where the player will end up :dunno:

Entirely the players decision, he can walk away and join any club that wants him regardless of "fees" being accepted or not.

TBH I'd be surprised if he went to Peterborough if City were interested - he'd be chucking away a load of dosh and playing in a division lower. 

12 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Probably from here.....

The Sun....

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But they can agree whatever they like, it has no bearing on where the player will end up :dunno:

Entirely the players decision, he can walk away and join any club that wants him regardless of "fees" being accepted or not.

TBH I'd be surprised if he went to Peterborough if City were interested - he'd be chucking away a load of dosh and playing in a division lower. 

The Sun....

There were rumours he could sign a one year deal so they can get a fee they want rather than tribunal and that he’d be open to it because he has been at the club since he was quite young. Possible we are haggling over tribunal whereas Posh have said we will pay this as a fee if he signs with you? 

Would be a shame imo because I like what I see from the player. That is of course if we were really that interested

4 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Would we need SS as well as KP?

Doesn't matter.

From reading OTIB I can only assume that not signing anyone today will relegate us to the Western League, and if no one is signed tomorrow then the world will end.

On top of that we'll get a 400 point deduction and our entire squad will be given a 12 month ban from football as well as the club being put under an embargo.

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

There were rumours he could sign a one year deal so they can get a fee they want rather than tribunal and that he’d be open to it because he has been at the club since he was quite young. Possible we are haggling over tribunal whereas Posh have said we will pay this as a fee if he signs with you? 

Would be a shame imo because I like what I see from the player. That is of course if we were really that interested

If we are after Palmer then I would think this player would be the back up if we didn't get him ?

Hopefully we get Palmer - a good pre-season here and he could be a hell of a player for us.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Which is what Matty Taylor did with Rovers

Just looked at the Post and it says this lad might be off to Peterborough. I am aware it is wholly unreliable rag but I thought this lad was on his way to us. It makes you wonder if any of the perceived targets were ever targets. From what I read he seemed a decent signing. 

19 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Just looked at the Post and it says this lad might be off to Peterborough. I am aware it is wholly unreliable rag but I thought this lad was on his way to us. It makes you wonder if any of the perceived targets were ever targets. From what I read he seemed a decent signing. 

It might have helped that you read the last 15 or so posts on this page before posting this. 

Archived