IGNORED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

BessexRED

On 24/06/2019 at 21:50, miketh2nd said:

Our top 7 finish does show we are a better team and have manager who had been in charge a long time , however there is still the possiblity he wants to live up north or considers a better chance of getting into the first 11 of a less competitive Hull. 

Didn’t we finish 8th? 

14 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Yep appears to be, East Anglian times reporting his 16 year stay is over and he’s joining us.

Funnily enough he made his debut against us.

Yea that’s the report I saw, plus a few of the hit and miss twitter pages. Bournemouth supposedly bid a million last year, more evidence this looks a good deal ?

Looking at the film by INCRED he certainly looks like the player we've been missing. Pacey, good control,  takes players on and can find the net. That said, when Morrell played last season, I thought he had the same attributes. If not quite there, Morrell can learn from him.

3 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Looking at the film by INCRED he certainly looks like the player we've been missing. Pacey, good control,  takes players on and can find the net. That said, when Morrell played last season, I thought he had the same attributes. If not quite there, Morrell can learn from him.

Not if he’s out on loan!

4 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Sounds like Dack but with City DNA .

Certainly seems to have some weight behind this one. At least it appears that he wasn't at Pre-season training with Colchester, so presumably was either with us or his new club.....

Hope this one is correct, as he has the potential to be a very big player - and not 24 until September!! Colchester rate him very highly.

Hope and expect that we will be announcing Szmodics soon. 

Sammie seems to fit our DNA and is the kind of player we haven’t got. The move will provide him with a perfect opportunity to show what he can do at a higher level. Given his age, record, potential and our ability to coach and develop players I will be delighted if he signs.

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

Yep appears to be, East Anglian times reporting his 16 year stay is over and he’s joining us.

Funnily enough he made his debut against us.

One of the first games I took Joe too. Remember Garbutt at LB on loan from Everton being excellent. Thought he’d go onto bigger things. 

11 minutes ago, Gary Nanes said:

Medical passed and announcement this evening

Sorry to piss on anyones chips and at the risk of doing a Robbored - where has it been reported as a done deal (other than on here) ?

Don't tell me its another Gregor exclusive - he said that yesterday and it turned out to be JD :D

Archived