IGNORED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

BessexRED

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

The ‘troll’ doesn’t need to use zeds any longer since we’ve had the rather excellent emojis................:laughcont:

You’ve given the game away. Now the moderators will set up an auto correct for any of your negative emojis to change them to a ?

SZMODICS AGREES ROBINS SWITCH

City have signed Sammie Szmodics from Colchester United.

The central attacking midfielder has agreed to sign a three-year contract with a further 12-month option from July 1st.

Szmodics, 23, started his career at Colchester United having joined the U’s Academy.

He made his debut against Bristol City in September 2013 and he went on to score 37 goals from more than 150 competitive appearances.

His only spell away from the club came in 2015/16 when he went on loan at Braintree.

Szmodics was named Colchester United’s Young Player of the Year in the 2014/15 season and most recently finished the U’s top scorer in two successive seasons (2017/18, 2018/19).

City Chief Executive Officer Mark Ashton said: “I am delighted we have acquired a really talented, attacking and creative player in Sammie Szmodics.

“We are confident this is the right environment for him, where under the guidance of our coaching staff, he will be able to step up. He is still a young player but he is learning all the time and has lots to give to Lee Johnson’s team.”

Bristol City have paid an undisclosed compensation fee to Colchester United as Szmodics is under the age of 24.

'JOHNSON A BIG INFLUENCE ON MY DECISION’ – SZMODICS

New City midfielder Sammie Szmodics has explained how Head Coach Lee Johnson was a major influence in his move to BS3.

Szmodics will complete his switch from Colchester United with the 23-year-old able to join the squad for their pre-season preparations.

He said it was a move he “couldn’t turn down” and is relishing the step up to the Sky Bet Championship, off the back of two successive season as Colchester’s top goalscorer.

Szmodics told bcfc.co.uk: “I can’t wait to get started! I’ve been in League One and League Two before, not the Championship but I can’t wait to show the Bristol City fans what they’ve signed and I can’t wait to get going.

“He (Johnson) was one of the main reasons I signed! There was talk with my agent, I had a number of phone calls with the gaffer and he was one of the main reasons I signed here.”

Szmodics made his U’s debut against City in September 2013, returning six years later to a transformed Ashton Gate Stadium.

“Fantastic” was how he described his new surroundings. “I made my debut here before the new stand was up. Having been shown around and walking out of the tunnel my first thought was how unbelievable the stadium is, it’s a big club and I’m excited to get going.

“I know how big the club is and it’s one of those where when the agent called, I couldn’t turn it down.”

The central attacking midfielder has agreed to sign a three-year contract with a further 12- month option from July 1st. Bristol City have paid an undisclosed compensation fee to Colchester United as Szmodics is under the age of 24.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So it’s now official by being announced on the OS. At least we won’t be seeing anymore wild speculation as far as  Szmodics is concerned.

Rejoice.

And polish your jack.

Bowls later? This is going to be the season:

We go up.

Me and the boy get our banner.

I declare my love for Ashton and Lansdown.

I stop talking to you about your bowls ?

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Anyone got a feeling we may be announcing a few today finishing with Kalas this evening? Sammie now, Bentley (if done) this afternoon and Kalas at 8pm

No I’d don’t think we will, I think we will be drip feed signing over the coming week to keep the media team busy,

be nice if they all get announced though :) kalas and Bentley the next two for me followed by a striker

Archived