IGNORED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

BessexRED

9 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I thought Hunt did well second half of the season and is far better going forward than Pisano and quicker but agree we need a RB to back him up unless LJ thinks Vyner can be that player?

That’s very interesting, as I saw Hunt’s form last season as being totally opposite. I thought he was pretty decent up until Christmas, but then was poor in the new year. During the final run in he looked especially poor with his crossing and ability to engage his opposing fullback. Hmmm. 

46 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Could be a new song at AG this season.

Ohh Marky Ashton I'd let you shag my wife oh Marrrkkyy Ashton etc, etc,...

Rudolph is changing his name by deed pole as we speak!  :) 

41 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Glad someone has mentioned the RB slot as being an area we need to strengthen. I’m not fully sold on Hunt all all, and with Pisano leaving we definitely need some real competition in there with Jacky boy. 

Hunt is a proven right back with years of experience with a deadly crossing foot. No problems there

4 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

A very cheap signing and no proven track record in an extremely hard league, not excited yet ill call judgement come december. To me sounds like an investment player buy cheap sell high in couple years... Lansdowns stocks and shares method

Which is why Derby and Leeds wanted him? Top up your glass, it's half empty.

6 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

A very cheap signing and no proven track record in an extremely hard league, not excited yet ill call judgement come december. To me sounds like an investment player buy cheap sell high in couple years... Lansdowns stocks and shares method

Those first two sentences remind me of a certain Aden Flint.

How did he get on?

2 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

More than double what we paid for Taylor and I suppose we are getting blasé about a mere £3/4m when we are talking about players at £5m plus

What level of transfer fee convinces fans that a player is coming to compete for a first team place and not just as an "investment purchase/one for the future" ?

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is the one. A proper midfielder by all accounts. Box to box, scores goals, not lightweight. I'm excited by this guy, he should add something different.

Could be a younger version of Barry Bannon........

On 08/05/2019 at 17:02, chinapig said:

Every signing is a gamble though, even if it's a proven player. Ask Man Utd about Sanchez. Or Barca about Coutinho.

People said Webster was a gamble, said he'd not really shone much etc, now we've just turned down a £12m bid for him and put a price of £30m on his head. Football is all a gamble.

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Nothing like Bannan, apart from being short!

Seen Szmodics play have you?  I haven’t but reading various comments about him he sounds like a younger version of BB - who I have seen play several times. BB is a class act and if Szmodics becomes like him we’ll have a quite a signing on our hands.

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Just like Albert Adomah

Archived