IGNORED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

BessexRED

6 minutes ago, South stander said:

First time I have seen him play today and underwhelmed.  He looked out of his depth.  Is he really a better option than Matty?

Harsh to say that as the whole team fluffed their lines today.

I think he can be a good signing

Just now, South stander said:

Only saying what I saw today.  I do hope he is a success and scores 20 goals this season

I wasn't overly impressed either but I think there still is a player in there. 20 goals?  **** me, judging on today's we'll be lucky if the team get to 20   :laugh:

2 minutes ago, South stander said:

just posting my opinion, a big step up in quality and pace of game from what he was used to.  Really hope he does well though.

Comparing him to Matty after 65 minutes of football is ridiculous, they aren’t similar players and szmodics has proved so far he has more about him. 

Yes he wasn’t great today, and to be honest I thought Pato looked sharper but I’m willing to give him time to prove he’s worth the praise he’s been getting 

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Comparing him to Matty after 65 minutes of football is ridiculous, they aren’t similar players and szmodics has proved so far he has more about him. 

Yes he wasn’t great today, and to be honest I thought Pato looked sharper but I’m willing to give him time to prove he’s worth the praise he’s been getting 

It looks like Matty is going and such a shame, but was never going to be a starting player.  There were times last season when he looked really good.  I am just a little disappointed with the level of players we are signing and want to see someone come into the team that will provide a real step up in quality.

6 minutes ago, South stander said:

It looks like Matty is going and such a shame, but was never going to be a starting player.  There were times last season when he looked really good.  I am just a little disappointed with the level of players we are signing and want to see someone come into the team that will provide a real step up in quality.

When you look at the market and the amount a player who is a real step up in quality would cost. That’s going to be very difficult, unless of course we get a couple in on loan. 

Making Kalas and Dasilva permanent was excellent business, as was getting Bentley in who looks a class act. Szmodics is still young and seems to have a lot of potential to go far. If we can get a striker and cdm in we’ll be fine imo, and I’d imagine LJ must see the same

19 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

With the players we have I don’t think he is guaranteed a start next week, it’s a big step up for him. As I said after FGR I suspect he will take time to adjust and I can see Pato edging him out initially.

What does Pato offer. If the game is tough he disappears. How many times do you forget he is playing. He hardly ever scores and often gives possession away. I was hoping that Sammie signing would mean we see less if Pato.

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

What does Pato offer. If the game is tough he disappears. How many times do you forget he is playing. He hardly ever scores and often gives possession away. I was hoping that Sammie signing would mean we see less if Pato.

To be honest, you’ve summed up sammies performance today there!

4 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Pato offers creativity. Very inconsistent and lightweight but currently he is the best “footballer” in the side imo. We looked so much brighter when he come on today and O’Dowda with that. As much as I want Szmodics and Eliasson to compete and get minutes they are behind both Pato and COD. I’d like to see Weimann COD and Pato behind Fam when we play Leeds. We need better but that is out best right now I think

9 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Pato offers creativity. Very inconsistent and lightweight but currently he is the best “footballer” in the side imo. We looked so much brighter when he come on today and O’Dowda with that. As much as I want Szmodics and Eliasson to compete and get minutes they are behind both Pato and COD. I’d like to see Weimann COD and Pato behind Fam when we play Leeds. We need better but that is out best right now I think

COD and Pato are blunter than a well-used pencil

32 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

COD and Pato are blunter than a well-used pencil

Yet better than the two that started ahead of them yesterday. COD looked particularly bright and affective centrally. Pato upped the tempo when he come on as well. They both just have a few more ideas than the others at the moment. 

Been saying all summer we need Kasey Palmer and yesterday just intensified that point imo. Him and a quick striker and we’d have scored 1 or 2 before Palace and been a different game

Archived