IGNORED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

BessexRED

On 18/06/2019 at 16:53, Desso said:

We tend to buy players from lower divisions and either don't play them or send them out on loan, never to be seen again.  Perhaps the player would prefer to join a team who would actually play him.

Yea mean like pack or say o’dowda

On 19/06/2019 at 01:30, JamesBCFC said:

Doesn't matter.

From reading OTIB I can only assume that not signing anyone today will relegate us to the Western League, and if no one is signed tomorrow then the world will end.

On top of that we'll get a 400 point deduction and our entire squad will be given a 12 month ban from football as well as the club being put under an embargo.

Really !!!!!

On 19/06/2019 at 01:53, Desso said:

We tend to buy players from lower divisions and either don't play them or send them out on loan, never to be seen again.  Perhaps the player would prefer to join a team who would actually play him.

It looks like that - but I think that we do play the ones that are any good. And if they’re good enough they stay in or around the team, as with most teams/clubs, they’re a lots of lads that don’t make it at a level

9 hours ago, ROSEBUD RED said:

It looks like that - but I think that we do play the ones that are any good. And if they’re good enough they stay in or around the team, as with most teams/clubs, they’re a lots of lads that don’t make it at a level

was reading an article last night about PNE.  I've commented regularly on how good their recruitment has been, but one of their supporters wrote about all the failures too....than average fans of other clubs don't see.  We see the Hugill's and Robinson's, but aren't aware of all the others. 

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

was reading an article last night about PNE.  I've commented regularly on how good their recruitment has been, but one of their supporters wrote about all the failures too....than average fans of other clubs don't see.  We see the Hugill's and Robinson's, but aren't aware of all the others. 

Your right Dave all clubs have bad signings but we only get to hear about the successful ones as we don't follow those clubs as closely

35 minutes ago, westonred said:

Your right Dave all clubs have bad signings but we only get to hear about the successful ones as we don't follow those clubs as closely

It is also not a certainty that the "unsuccessful" are not the same at another club. History is full of those who succeed after initial failure.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Posh have withdrawn, presumably because the player turned them down.

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

According to Posh chairman player didn't want to speak to them.

Was that in his video?  On,y heard him mention Kent and another player from a different club?

Just been watching quite a few games of Colchester highlights and this guy really does look levels above every other player on the pitch. Only highlights, but he really does look a classy player. Really hope we get him. 

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Just been watching quite a few games of Colchester highlights and this guy really does look levels above every other player on the pitch. Only highlights, but he really does look a classy player. Really hope we get him. 

Do you think we could be looking at him as a striker? I have seen a few clips and he looks like he could be a sort of poacher type. 

7 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Do you think we could be looking at him as a striker? I have seen a few clips and he looks like he could be a sort of poacher type. 

He is more a forward from what I see. Number 10, but doesn't drift too deep, in behind but close to his strike partner rather than dropping far back into midfield.

He seems very different to Palmer in his work rate, movement and seems a lot more tenacious a bit like Taylor. 

I think we may sign him and Palmer and look to go more 4411 with those 2 competing for the number 10 role.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He is more a forward from what I see. Number 10, but doesn't drift too deep, in behind but close to his strike partner rather than dropping far back into midfield.

He seems very different to Palmer in his work rate, movement and seems a lot more tenacious a bit like Taylor. 

I think we may sign him and Palmer and look to go more 4411 with those 2 competing for the number 10 role.

Looks to me that he could play the Bobby Reid role in fact.

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yep. He reminds me of Bobby in the highlights. And he doesn't stop running either according to Colchester fans.

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Was saying the same to the guys on twitter who produce those City videos....although thought Szmodics picks a better pass (albeit 2 leagues lower).

Not often that we City fans would get excited by a League 2 player, but he is one that if he can make the step-up (Big If) might be a great signing.

Without getting into a Weimann v Reid debate (?), I do think we missed Reid’s pest like buzzing around last season.

Archived