Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

BessexRED

SIGNED: Sammie Szmodics

30 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No I’d don’t think we will, I think we will be drip feed signing over the coming week to keep the media team busy,

be nice if they all get announced though :) kalas and Bentley the next two for me followed by a striker

…..following on from our mega popular 'goal gifs' 

It'd be great to start a new trend of announcing new signings with the release of similar gifs featuring our new players.

(be a fun way to welcome new lads to the Ashton Gate too, in a  'one of us now - gif me quick'  kind of way.)

Been a great couple of pre season days down The Gate this week.  Exciting Times ...Keep 'em Cummin! 

We beat some big clubs to this one. Well done LJ and MA . Quality player without spending big bucks. They our club is currently run gets me all gewwie inside 👀 . Admittedly I thought we would have to spend 18m on 3 or 4 players this summer, looks like we're at £7m ish (with kalas). I would be 'bold' and stick with semenyo up front and spend money on a RB.

• Hmmm 1
  • Rovers 1

4 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

We beat some big clubs to this one. Well done LJ and MA . Quality player without spending big bucks. They our club is currently run gets me all gewwie inside 👀 . Admittedly I thought we would have to spend 18m on 3 or 4 players this summer, looks like we're at £7m ish (with kalas). I would be 'bold' and stick with semenyo up front and spend money on a RB.

Glad someone has mentioned the RB slot as being an area we need to strengthen. I’m not fully sold on Hunt all all, and with Pisano leaving we definitely need some real competition in there with Jacky boy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Glad someone has mentioned the RB slot as being an area we need to strengthen. 

Oh, I dunno, I think that old Gashead Twentypence does a pretty decent job tbh..   unbelievable Geoff ;) 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Glad someone has mentioned the RB slot as being an area we need to strengthen. I’m not fully sold on Hunt all all, and with Pisano leaving we definitely need some real competition in there with Jacky boy. 

I thought Hunt did well second half of the season and is far better going forward than Pisano and quicker but agree we need a RB to back him up unless LJ thinks Vyner can be that player?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, INCRED said:

I thought Hunt did well second half of the season and is far better going forward than Pisano and quicker but agree we need a RB to back him up unless LJ thinks Vyner can be that player?

That’s very interesting, as I saw Hunt’s form last season as being totally opposite. I thought he was pretty decent up until Christmas, but then was poor in the new year. During the final run in he looked especially poor with his crossing and ability to engage his opposing fullback. Hmmm. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Could be a new song at AG this season.

Ohh Marky Ashton I'd let you shag my wife oh Marrrkkyy Ashton etc, etc,...

Rudolph is changing his name by deed pole as we speak!  :) 

• Haha 2

A very cheap signing and no proven track record in an extremely hard league, not excited yet ill call judgement come december. To me sounds like an investment player buy cheap sell high in couple years... Lansdowns stocks and shares method

• Haha 2
  • Aubergine 3
  • Hedgehog 1
  • Rovers 1

41 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Hunt is a proven right back with years of experience with a deadly crossing foot. No problems there

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

A very cheap signing and no proven track record in an extremely hard league, not excited yet ill call judgement come december. To me sounds like an investment player buy cheap sell high in couple years... Lansdowns stocks and shares method

Which is why Derby and Leeds wanted him? Top up your glass, it's half empty.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Which is why Derby and Leeds wanted him? Top up your glass, it's half empty.

He didn’t even have a glass in the first place the miserable git...

6 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Those first two sentences remind me of a certain Aden Flint.

How did he get on?

2 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

More than double what we paid for Taylor and I suppose we are getting blasé about a mere £3/4m when we are talking about players at £5m plus

What level of transfer fee convinces fans that a player is coming to compete for a first team place and not just as an "investment purchase/one for the future" ?

This is the one. A proper midfielder by all accounts. Box to box, scores goals, not lightweight. I'm excited by this guy, he should add something different.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This is the one. A proper midfielder by all accounts. Box to box, scores goals, not lightweight. I'm excited by this guy, he should add something different.

Could be a younger version of Barry Bannon........

On 08/05/2019 at 17:02, chinapig said:

Every signing is a gamble though, even if it's a proven player. Ask Man Utd about Sanchez. Or Barca about Coutinho.

People said Webster was a gamble, said he'd not really shone much etc, now we've just turned down a £12m bid for him and put a price of £30m on his head. Football is all a gamble.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Hunt is a proven right back with years of experience with a deadly crossing foot. No problems there

His crossing is shambolic generally - is the real weak link in the back 4 as it stands.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Nothing like Bannan, apart from being short!

Seen Szmodics play have you?  I haven’t but reading various comments about him he sounds like a younger version of BB - who I have seen play several times. BB is a class act and if Szmodics becomes like him we’ll have a quite a signing on our hands.

Great signing on the face of it although we all got excited with the Eisa signing .. good to have compeition for Paterson i think less chance of signing Palmer now.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Just like Albert Adomah

2 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Only if you sit in the first five rows of the South Stand.

• Like 1

To me sounds like an investment player buy cheap sell high in couple years... Lansdowns stocks and shares method

That’s the philosophy behind all of our signings. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

My point - possibly gone over your head - was that the ‘tattoos’ look like bruises.......I can’t see anything ‘fashionable’ in that look.

Remember Lee Peacock and his ‘fashionable’ tattoos?  He has those done 20 odd years ago and he’ll still have those now........:facepalm:

Blimey, excellent value then.

• Like 1

My word, you’re overrating him so much here. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingLear said:

From a friend who knows a girl who goes out with his brother.....

It’s pronounced ‘Smod-itch’ 

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

I has assumed it was “Shmod-itsh”. Who knows for sure?

This guy knows... It's not "itch".

Sounds simply like it's Smod-icks.

Edited by TBW

1 hour ago, Harry said:

That’s the philosophy behind all of our signings. 

Think the philosophy might also include being able to play for the first team in the meantime.

40 minutes ago, TBW said:

This guy knows... It's not "itch".

Sounds simply like it's Smod-icks.

I think we should all take a moment to wonder how that little kid is feeling today!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

He looks nothing like the bloke from the Cilit Bang adverts.

Cleaned up his act apparently....

5 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

So, is that Smodicks, or Smoditch?

5 hours ago, RedDave said:

The former 

5 hours ago, KingLear said:

From a friend who knows a girl who goes out with his brother.....

It’s pronounced ‘Smod-itch’ 

None the wiser ....

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Redwhitepurple said:

You're doing this deliberately now, aren't you?

• Like 1