IGNORED

Judd Trump

BS3City

The commentators made the comment that last night Trump is expected to be back playing tonight at 7pm & went on about how much of a hardship it would be!

Now while I get that in respect of he’s had to play for maybe 10 hours in a day & then he’s ONLY going to get something like 15 hours off before he has to play again, no disrespect but he’s playing snooker! He’s not down the pit or risking his life in the army or carrying out life or death care in a hospital! He’s playing snooker that pays him a ridiculously high wage! If he doesn’t want to play again after 15 or so hours off, then don’t play & have a week off but please don’t make out it’s a chore for him to have to do it!! I’m sure he can afford it & no one is going to lose their life no matter what he decides.

5 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

The commentators made the comment that last night Trump is expected to be back playing tonight at 7pm & went on about how much of a hardship it would be!

Now while I get that in respect of he’s had to play for maybe 10 hours in a day & then he’s ONLY going to get something like 15 hours off before he has to play again, no disrespect but he’s playing snooker! He’s not down the pit or risking his life in the army or carrying out life or death care in a hospital! He’s playing snooker that pays him a ridiculously high wage! If he doesn’t want to play again after 15 or so hours off, then don’t play & have a week off but please don’t make out it’s a chore for him to have to do it!! I’m sure he can afford it & no one is going to lose their life no matter what he decides.

I have no idea,but maybe it is a contractual thing and he is obligated to play?

22 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I have no idea,but maybe it is a contractual thing and he is obligated to play?

Having watched this afternoon, the whole day has been thrown up in the air because they’ve been waiting for Covid results to come back so Selby should of played first this afternoon, not played! Followed by Jimmy White v Mark Allen, not played!

As they left the afternoon session they showed tonight’s matches (that are being shown on Eurosport) but Trump not mentioned! I would of thought they’ve reorganised it so he doesn’t have to play today as Robertson wasn’t due to play until tomorrow anyway, so they may of just moved Trumps game?

Edit: Having just checked the WST app, Trump is now due to play tomorrow (Tuesday) evening against Ursenbacher.

• Admin

World number one Judd Trump secured his sixth ranking win of 2020 with a 10-7 win over fellow Englishman Jack Lisowski, who produced a fine fightback in the World Grand Prix final.

Trump, 31, was in pole position for the £100,000 first prize when he took a 7-2 lead after two breaks over 70 and 122 in the fourth frame.

Lisowski then hit two century breaks en route to winning four on the bounce.

It was 8-7 before Trump took the last two frames for victory.

The 2019 world champion said: "In the end it was an amazing game. I can't remember missing a ball in the second session, but I lost 5-4. It's not often that's happened

"Over nine frames, I've only played Ronnie O'Sullivan or John Higgins at that standard - that's how good he was tonight.

"I had to be at my absolute best. It was a strange game, but a pure relief after there was someone coming back at you."

World number 15 Lisowski, who beat former world champions Mark Selby and Shaun Murphy en route to the final, said: "It wasn't good for me after the first session. I wanted to make a game of it tonight. I definitely put Judd under pressure. I lost two or three frames from 50 or 60 up.

"Even though I lost, I pushed the best player in the world. My game is going in the right direction."

Archived