IGNORED

SIGNED: Jay Dasilva

Davefevs

4 hours ago, Lez said:

I appreciate this and it is good to see..however fast forward a year and I doubt Rotherham forum will be as glowing.

Either way I am unconvinced he is someone who will or should get a look in next season.....especially with us looking to push for playoffs. 

I would consider another championship loan ideally to a side looking to use him as a cb

Go and have read back through the Loan Watch thread and you will see that he really turned his season around and won the fans over there. 

2 hours ago, BessexRED said:

It’s an observation. If you listen to @Shtanley‘s podcast it’s often been said that Diedhiou is heavily praised by opposition fans, and the conclusion a few have drawn is that he stands out as a big, black striker.

I obviously don’t mean it in any sort of derogatory way, I think you know that.

I don't think you meant it in an offensive way , as per my earlier post. But a couple of points: having a big black guy up front isn't unusual. Nor is having a big white guy up front. But regardless, If oppo fans are impressed by our big guy up front it's because he's big and a handful. It ain't because of his colour - it's just irrelevant.

As we weren't being talked about for promotion when he joined, you have to think that he agreed to come, with the clause, knowing that we would likely be playing Championship football next year and is therefore prepared to do that.  Just down to whether or not we can agree personal terms. 

Continual progression over the last few years should work in our favour in terms of wages as a hefty promotion increase is no longer a pipe dream that we won't have to realise.  It's now a real possibility and therefore players may accept a lower wage than they'd like knowing that they are close to being able to get a substantial increase in a year or two.

1 hour ago, WAHGS. said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/exclusive-jay-dasilva-deal-balance-2862394

"EXCLUSIVE" from the clown at the BP, exclusive in that he's sat on the fence and basically confirmed he has no understanding of the situation :gasmask:

1 hour ago, hodge said:

So their update is that there is no update on current information that this forum already had :laugh:

True, but in fairness to Gregor, he’s got a very good relationship with City. Far better than Stockhausen. He tries to work with them, holding some stories back, and then getting first  option to go to press. 

Under Cotts, they fed Stockhausen a load of rubbish, and also waited for him to go on holiday before announcing signings!!

At the end of the day he needs clicks, but his work is pretty good....and doesn’t contain the basic errors of other reporters there!

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 13:57, Davefevs said:

I wouldn’t be against it, but Kelly, as much potential as he has, doesn’t strike me just yet as being ready to play a whole season with Webster and command top 6....which us undoubtedly where we are aiming.  

To me, Kelly still seems very weak when jumping to contest headers. Gets muscled out of it quite easily. I think it's something he'll need to sort out quickly if he is to command a regular place at CB.

52 minutes ago, Red7 said:

To me, Kelly still seems very weak when jumping to contest headers. Gets muscled out of it quite easily. I think it's something he'll need to sort out quickly if he is to command a regular place at CB.

True. Both Millwall goals iirc were angled punts to Morison to knock down (who’d Peeled onto him). He will learn to get up earlier and also use his body better. It’s probably one area where not having a loan has not helped him. 

I saw him handle Assombolonga really well earlier this season, so strong enough on the deck, just needs to learn the aerial stuff, especially against runners from his side. 

Its an area lots of CB’s have issues with. Saw Flint struggle with lateral runs for aerial challenges from the likes of Leon Best and our favourite Joe Garner. It’s the challenge that is normally led by the elbow, hence even roughty toughty CBs are wary of their good looks when attacking the ball. 

27 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Now being reported that of the 40 Plus players Chelsea had out on loan last season Sarri is only interested in retaining Kurt Zouma, Tammy Abraham and Ola Aina for next season. Not counting any chickens but could be good news for City, and for other clubs too such as Derby with Mason Mount. 

I would like to "retain" Ola as well........

ola-jordan-172374.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I may be wrong but I believe it is 6 over a certain age. A lot of our players that have been out are youth loans which would not count towards the 6. Anybody know for sure if that is the case?

That's how I understand it

53 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Do the loan rules change next season? 

Edit: In terms of number of players a club can loan out. 

No, its the 2020-21 season and only players over 21 also homegrown players are exempt

19 hours ago, Big C said:

No, its the 2020-21 season and only players over 21 also homegrown players are exempt

What do they classify as a homegrown player? Does it mean British or is it to do with length of time spent at their academy?

3 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

What do they classify as a homegrown player? Does it mean British or is it to do with length of time spent at their academy?

It’s 3 years at the club before the 21st birthday I believe 

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Cheers, so that would rule out a fair few of ours as being homegrown, Smith, Bakinson, Cundy, Moore and Hinds off the top of my head as ones that might go on loan which is 5 already. I guess O’Leary and Morrel are fine though.

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

4 hours ago, Ohbasso said:

Cheers, so that would rule out a fair few of ours as being homegrown, Smith, Bakinson, Cundy, Moore and Hinds off the top of my head as ones that might go on loan which is 5 already. I guess O’Leary and Morrel are fine though.

Home grown is 3 years at any English club before there 21st birthday. 

13 million and get Dasilva in for less than quarter of that? Id snap your hands off. 

Yes he's  come in and shown great potential  but at times he also shown to be a bit of a liability at times. I can't decide if that's been down to youth and inexperience, or maybe over coincidence?

Either way, that's alot of money for someone who I'm not sure improves our starting 11. 

13 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

13 million and get Dasilva in for less than quarter of that? Id snap your hands off. 

Yes he's  come in and shown great potential  but at times he also shown to be a bit of a liability at times. I can't decide if that's been down to youth and inexperience, or maybe over coincidence?

Either way, that's alot of money for someone who I'm not sure improves our starting 11. 

@Major Isewater

I swear I posted this in the the LK thread????

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:18, Davefevs said:

True. Both Millwall goals iirc were angled punts to Morison to knock down (who’d Peeled onto him). He will learn to get up earlier and also use his body better. It’s probably one area where not having a loan has not helped him. 

Hopefully the work in training and an unbroken run in the team will fix this. I noticed it on many occasions during the season and thought it strange as Lloyd appears to be a fairly strongly built lad

On 16/05/2019 at 21:37, BCFC Grim said:

Only thing I think he's not great at is shooting, which is to be expected from a defender. 

I would put him on the same level as Kalas and Webster this year

Archived