IGNORED

SIGNED: Jay Dasilva

Davefevs

1 hour ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Only thing I think he's not great at is shooting, which is to be expected from a defender. 

I would put him on the same level as Kalas and Webster this year

And he hasn't got a right foot. 

On the other hand I was watching the shooting drill up in Hull and LK has a hell of a shot on him.

4 hours ago, Red7 said:

Hopefully the work in training and an unbroken run in the team will fix this. I noticed it on many occasions during the season and thought it strange as Lloyd appears to be a fairly strongly built lad

Yes.  Against big guys, you have get up earlier, and for some reason it stops them leveraging off you.  He'll learn this at Bournemouth by the sounds of it!!

3 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Why would it take so long to confirm if Da Silva will be joining us or not. When we agreed a fee during the season. While it looks like Kelly will be going before a replacement comes in.

- We have to convince him to join us instead of moving to another (potentially better) team.

- We have to negotiate a contract.

- I don't think we would announce anything if he isn't signing.

2 hours ago, Distortia said:

- We have to convince him to join us instead of moving to another (potentially better) team. - Hopefully we sold the vision during his time here.

- We have to negotiate a contract. - This should of been done during the season

- I don't think we would announce anything if he isn't signing. - Very true, mis-worded by myself. 

15 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Rumour in London is that Crystal Palace have put a bib in for Da Silva, please don,t shoot the messenger

I believe it. I think it would be done already if it were going to happen. I am pretty sure we could have triggered the deal at any point during the season and got it done but that hasn’t happened. 

14 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I believe it. I think it would be done already if it were going to happen. I am pretty sure we could have triggered the deal at any point during the season and got it done but that hasn’t happened. 

As far as we know. It may be we (and he) were waiting to see what division we were in before finalising things. I think we`ll get him.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

As far as we know. It may be we (and he) were waiting to see what division we were in before finalising things. I think we`ll get him.

Hope so. I do rate him but I am just not sure. 

What does option to buy even mean? I have seen him linked elsewhere or people talking about Chelsea loaning him out again. I would assume he has to reject us for someone else to be able to get him? 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

What does option to buy even mean? I have seen him linked elsewhere or people talking about Chelsea loaning him out again. I would assume he has to reject us for someone else to be able to get him? 

I presume that`s how it works but not sure by any means.

4 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Sky has just discussed England U21 squad. Showed Jay Dasilva as Bristol City.  Do they know something we don't? Wishful thinking on my part!  Or maybe Sky are just rubbish and don't know their stuff.

What club was Tomori listed as?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Ta....they’ve basically got them correct....Tomori, Mount and Abraham still showing at their loan clubs as they still have a game to go.

Yep.

I would think any tranfers would have to be concluded before the start of the tournament as it just about runs into pre-season ?

Although, if it were a done deal, it would probably have been announced by now.

At this time we don't have any left backs and one right back - the club must have players lined up for those positions....surely ?

(imo it was a mistake to let Pisano go, proper full back and one of the first on the team sheet for me when fully fit).

On 18/05/2019 at 19:17, JoeAman08 said:

There are a number of variants on this Joe - my expectation and I am most certainly not ITK - is that when we negotiated the loan part of it was Chelsea accepting that we could buy Jay at an agreed fee this summer assuming the player wished to come here and in turn we agreed terms with him.

I don’t suspect that it means much more than that. The protection we have is that Chelsea are probably unable to inflate the pre- agreed fee by more than say 10% IF they get a better offer. So using purely numbers for illustration, 

Agreed fee £2m

Offer from other club £2.5m

We would only have to pay £2.2m - always assuming Jay wanted to come here - so, in my example, all that we actually have is a protection from being outbid, nothing more.

Archived