IGNORED

SIGNED: Jay Dasilva

Davefevs

47 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

As far as I’m aware that’s not how these pre-agreed loan deals work. The pre-agreed fee means a window of exclusivity as long as the loan is active a la Luka Jovic. Everyone and their dog wants him but since Frankfurt, like us, had a pre-agreed loan fee no one else could bid for him and so Frankfurt activated their £6m fee and will flip him. Pretty sure the same applies here, it’s all moot now anyway since he’s back at Chelsea and open season has started. I just have no idea if our deal stays initiated or if we have to bid again. 

I don't see what advantage that gives though. He can't move while the loan is activated anyway, and how does that help us, given barely any transfer deals are finalised by this part of the window.

Not all deals are the same, they can all have different terms.

Ultimately it's the player's choice, neither club can do anything without it being what the player wants so these pre-agreed deals have no teeth unless the player has also signed a pre-contract.

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I don't see what advantage that gives though. He can't move while the loan is activated anyway, and how does that help us, given barely any transfer deals are finalised by this part of the window.

Well it gave us first dibs, we could’ve activated it and signed him at any point in the loan. He’s just waiting on a decision. 

13 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Well it gave us first dibs, we could’ve activated it and signed him at any point in the loan. He’s just waiting on a decision. 

First dibs until a point at which barely any transfers are completed. So essentially, not first dibs. I'm pretty convinced that's not how these pre-agreed fees work whatsoever, I'm sure there's nothing stopping other clubs bidding other amounts, but happy to be proven wrong!

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

QPfuckingR. Now that would be a big kick in the bollocks 

If he wants to stay in London, yep.  

If he wants to further his football career, no.

We should be looking at Bidwell if Jay goes there.

On 31/05/2019 at 15:23, Wade Wilson said:

God knows what happens if we don’t announce him today 

A6E56E91-156F-4E32-9F7C-423828BB24CE.jpeg

No problems, because there's always tomorrow and it's always a day away.

QPR story:

QPR are looking to sign Jay Dasilva on loan from Chelsea, Football Insider reports.

The England Under-21 international left-back spent last season on loan at Bristol City, who are keen to keep him.

Football Insider say they have been told by a Chelsea source that other clubs, including QPR, want him on loan.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-chelsea-jay-dasilva-bristol-city-020619

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

If he does end up going somewhere else maybe we could do what Frankfurt just managed to do. (link) 

Signed him in April after a successful loan for £6.2m and just sold him to Real Madrid for in excess of £50m! 

Thats the deal of the century for frankfurt!

it seems to me that our agreement for jds doesnt include that sort of agreement to buy from chelsea or we would have done it by now... unless a) we didnt want him, or b) the agreed price is more than we are willing to pay? 

6 minutes ago, simon uk said:

it seems to me that our agreement for jds doesnt include that sort of agreement to buy from chelsea or we would have done it by now... unless a) we didnt want him, or b) the agreed price is more than we are willing to pay? 

We've triggered the clause for Jay, its £2m supposedly. Jay just wants to decide his future after the u21's championship.

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

We've triggered the clause for Jay, its £2m supposedly. Jay just wants to decide his future after the u21's championship.

Sounds reasonable, and its a good price,,,  Clearly a good showing in that u21 tournament could get him a big move and signing for Bristol city before it isnt in his interests.

I've got a feeling JDS has already made his decision and sees where his future lies.... And that's with us. 

Imagine being is his position, you are about to play in an international tournament where you are representing your country and in that short period of preperation you also have to negotiate a contract, talk to Chelsea and think about relocating. Reading between the lines here it looks as if his mind is made up but quite simply he wants to focus on one thing at a time and that right now is England u21's.

Once that's over he can relax, enjoy a holiday and finalise the contract. Makes perfect sense to me. 

8 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I've got a feeling JDS has already made his decision and sees where his future lies.... And that's with us. 

Imagine being is his position, you are about to play in an international tournament where you are representing your country and in that short period of preperation you also have to negotiate a contract, talk to Chelsea and think about relocating. Reading between the lines here it looks as if his mind is made up but quite simply he wants to focus on one thing at a time and that right now is England u21's.

Once that's over he can relax, enjoy a holiday and finalise the contract. Makes perfect sense to me. 

I feel he is trying to get a bigger move and we are the fall back option. Go to the tournament and have a good one maybe a prem club comes in and offers double what we do. Full back is a tough position to fill at any level so feel like he is playing the odds here. 

Just a thought re Jay but with Charlton being promoted , could that throw a spanner in the works potentially ?  Their fans loved him and I think he was their player of the season. Could a LOndon based Championship club where he was so successful be a more favourable choice for Jay ? :( 

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Just a thought re Jay but with Charlton being promoted , could that throw a spanner in the works potentially ?  Their fans loved him and I think he was their player of the season. Could a LOndon based Championship club where he was so successful be a more favourable choice for Jay ? :( 

They don’t have the money that’s being quoted 

The big draw of City is:

• knows the club, and where it is heading
  • first choice LB is his, not even Kelly to worry about

Everywhere else is probably a gamble, albeit “bigger” clubs will offer more money to him and Chelsea.

I could see Chelsea trying to offer him on loan again to us....I think we might look elsewhere if so.

At this point in time I do think we will get him though.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The big draw of City is:

Everywhere else is probably a gamble, albeit “bigger” clubs will offer more money to him and Chelsea.

I could see Chelsea trying to offer him on loan again to us....I think we might look elsewhere if so.

Salient points Dave but the cynic in me says that JD will go wherever he gets the most lucrative deal - that could well be City of course.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The big draw of City is:

Playing devils advocate here, your first bullet seems to assume that he was impressed with the club and where it was heading. For all we know he may have come away thinking, yeah not sure about City.

12 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I always find it hard to understand how a player can come to a club like city and be impressed after being at a top 6 prem club

No point being on the outside looking in. A lot of young players at big clubs never end up playing for them. Clubs like Chelsea hoover all the talent up for the sake of only 1 or 2 making the first team. I would be hopeful JDS was very impressed by city. Enough so that he signs . Here’s hoping ? 

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I feel he is trying to get a bigger move and we are the fall back option. Go to the tournament and have a good one maybe a prem club comes in and offers double what we do. Full back is a tough position to fill at any level so feel like he is playing the odds here. 

TBF he'd be daft to commit to us so early - who could blame him for waiting to see what other offers come his way? 

Archived