Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

SIGNED: Jay Dasilva


Recommended Posts

Welcome back Jay- fantastic value too, £2m!

Good way to get the ball rolling. I just and I'm unsure why, had a slight lack of optimism for our summer window back in May the start of the summer-  hope this will look more and more wrong by the week!

Sure he enjoyed it here and sure we had an option, but £2m is an absolute steal.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

Darren Barnard

 

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Darren Barnard? 

Fair play guys - that’s who I thought it was - but it’s been brought to my attention that we may have signed Leroy Lita direct from Chelsea after Darren’s time with us ... I was totally with you guys, I thought it was Barnard all day long - watch this space! Cheers ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

 

Fair play guys - that’s who I thought it was - but it’s been brought to my attention that we may have signed Leroy Lita direct from Chelsea after Darren’s time with us ... I was totally with you guys, I thought it was Barnard all day long - watch this space! Cheers ...

He was released by Chelsea’s Academy and thereafter signed his first professional contract with City. Can’t be classed as a transfer between clubs.

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whatever-happened-ex-bristol-city-2104742.amp

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's much more than a transfer though isn't it? Much,much more.

This is a real statement of intent.

JDS has so much upside it is frightening - already an U-21 international - if he continues to improve  a full cap is calling.

On a 4 year contract.

4 years.

Consider that - in 4 years this lad will be just hitting his prime. From a hugely professional outfit, with excellent coaching, to come to little old Bristol City speaks volumes about the way LJ and staff conduct themselves.

It also says something else.

The Club are going for it next season. I have long had my doubts, but this, for me, was the most important sign after Kelly leaving.

We have the money, will we stick or twist? 

Will SL finally have a real go at his long-stated aim? 

We know know.

It would seem we have decided to have a real crack at promotion.

We are no longer "little Old Bristol City" - we are a club with an exciting manager who has now done his apprenticeship and knows what it takes to get us out of the Champ. Well done to LJ.

We finally have a crafty, astute,not afraid to get his hands dirty recruitment specialist - well done MA

We have signed a player who WILL play for England and who is only 21.

This is a beacon to any player that LJ/MA goes after - "look at us - we are serious - this is the type of player we want you to play alongside".

Webster will possibly go - but a replacement will be much easier to get now. And it may well make AW think about another season here.

It changes the way potential player targets see us......

Scenario #1 - Webster and Kelly sold, loanees not returning - nah, not signing for BCFC

Scenario #2 - JDS, Kalas, Szmodics,Palmer sign and Webster stays - 'hang on that club seem to be serious about going for it - I'll sign'

 

I honestly think that this makes us so much more attractive as a destination club now.

AND - I think there are 2 other big-potential players out there tightly under wraps deciding wether to sign for us - this may well be the key that unlocks those moves. One striker, one highly skilful combative box to box mid.

I'm excited, and finally after a long time, am convinced this is going to be our year.

Edited by SX227
  • Like 18
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SX227 said:

It's much more than a transfer though isn't it? Much,much more.

This is a real statement of intent.

JDS has so much upside it is frightening - already an U-21 international - if he continues to improve  a full cap is calling.

On a 4 year contract.

4 years.

Consider that - in 4 years this lad will be just hitting his prime. From a hugely professional outfit, with excellent coaching, to come to little old Bristol City speaks volumes about the way LJ and staff conduct themselves.

It also says something else.

The Club are going for it next season. I have long had my doubts, but this, for me, was the most important sign after Kelly leaving.

We have the money, will we stick or twist? 

Will SL finally have a real go at his long-stated aim? 

We know know.

It would seem we have decided to have a real crack at promotion.

We are no longer "little Old Bristol City" - we are a club with an exciting manager who has now done his apprenticeship and knows what it takes to get us out of the Champ. Well done to LJ.

We finally have a crafty, astute,not afraid to get his hands dirty recruitment specialist - well done MA

We have signed a player who WILL play for England and who is only 21.

This is a beacon to any player that LJ/MA goes after - "look at us - we are serious - this is the type of player we want you to play alongside".

Webster will possibly go - but a replacement will be much easier to get now. And it may well make AW think about another season here.

It changes the way potential player targets see us......

Scenario #1 - Webster and Kelly sold, loanees not returning - nah, not signing for BCFC

Scenario #2 - JDS, Kalas, Szmodics,Palmer sign and Webster stays - 'hang on that club seem to be serious about going for it - I'll sign'

 

I honestly think that this makes us so much more attractive as a destination club now.

AND - I think there are 2 other big-potential players out there tightly under wraps deciding wether to sign for us - this may well be the key that unlocks those moves. One striker, one highly skilful combative box to box mid.

I'm excited, and finally after a long time, am convinced this is going to be our year.

I’m normally one to say don’t get carried away, but I love the positivity of this!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

 

Fair play guys - that’s who I thought it was - but it’s been brought to my attention that we may have signed Leroy Lita direct from Chelsea after Darren’s time with us ... I was totally with you guys, I thought it was Barnard all day long - watch this space! Cheers ...

I was thinking Jody Morris but no .

Edited by Major Isewater
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Brilliant. Why did no one else want him?!

Same thing happened when we signed Andy Cole from Arsenal. There was hardly any interest in him at the time although he had a good loan spell here  

Who cares anyway, we’ve got a good at a decent price!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I thought they would want at least 5 million.

What a deal.

We will get top 6 this season, if the rest of the kelly money went on kallas now id be happy.

We will have without doubt 3 of the best defenders at that level then.

Still need to sort out our lack of goals before we can start thinking about the top six. But defensively, we look very strong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maxjak said:

So proud to be a City supporter..........I have supported Bristol's premier team for a looooooong time.  To hear JDS state that the good will and support he received from the City fans influenced his decision to come here makes me optimistic and excited for the comimg season.............just need him to have a word in JK's direction now?

why do we want to sign jamiroquai's frontman?...…….

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing business, the margin between selling LK and bringing in JDS really is something to behold, develop ££ replace with someone at far less cost who is more ready for the championship and still has the potential to develop with us/achieve large resale value.

this club is doing it right, highly courted youth signed to contract extensions to develop further with us and maybe again follow the above path all the while achieving constant improvement 

Shall we all really unanimously get behind the team this year? 🤔

still slightly un fancied but a solid, settled team, with  spirit, a passionate, articulate manager that loves the club at the same level as our backer and a fan base that when fostering a together mentality can achieve anything. We can genuinely push this team on. We will win lose and draw all when we should have done the opposite but that’s football, that’s the championship but we have a huge part to play.

get behind the team, us vs them COMMMEEEEEEEE ON YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUY REEEEEEEDDDDSSSS

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red7 said:

Rightly so. Not one of the sharpest knifes in the draw.

 

23 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In the what? 

997364016_knifedraw.jpg.2608595c93815416341476d8ae72ecef.jpg

Knife in the draw - obvious!    :whistle: 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

He was released by Chelsea’s Academy and thereafter signed his first professional contract with City. Can’t be classed as a transfer between clubs.

https://www.google.ae/amp/s/www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whatever-happened-ex-bristol-city-2104742.amp

Seems Darren Barnard is the correct answer then, cheers ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the fee is actually £2m, then I say we go back to Chelsea and ask them if they've got any other starlets they'd like us to take off their hands. Blackman for £1m? Abraham for £5m?

For a while I didn't think it would happen, but I think this is a fantastic buy, and a real sign of intent to any youngsters that come our way - impress, and there will be a place for you here again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

If the fee is actually £2m, then I say we go back to Chelsea and ask them if they've got any other starlets they'd like us to take off their hands. Blackman for £1m? Abraham for £5m?

For a while I didn't think it would happen, but I think this is a fantastic buy, and a real sign of intent to any youngsters that come our way - impress, and there will be a place for you here again.

Is it actually £2m ? Everyone repeats it, but does anyone actually know

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if it is £2m now, will we not have paid a significant loan fee 12 months ago that they may have agreed to deduce from our purchase fee this summer? So effectively we will be paying for him in instalments with possibly further payments to follow depending upon his success.

Add on a sell on %, buy-back clauses, etc, it is still not a bad income for Chelsea who will have had a relatively small outlay on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...