IGNORED

SIGNED: Jay Dasilva

Davefevs

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep.

I would think any tranfers would have to be concluded before the start of the tournament as it just about runs into pre-season ?

Although, if it were a done deal, it would probably have been announced by now.

At this time we don't have any left backs and one right back - the club must have players lined up for those positions....surely ?

(imo it was a mistake to let Pisano go, proper full back and one of the first on the team sheet for me when fully fit).

LJ said that Jay didn't want to decide until after the tournament.

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

The protection we have is that Chelsea are probably unable to inflate the pre- agreed fee by more than say 10% IF they get a better offer.

Pretty sure they can't inflate the fee anyway, pre-agreed fee which by the sounds of it we triggered, Chelsea can't reject our offer only Jay can.

39 minutes ago, hodge said:

Pretty sure they can't inflate the fee anyway, pre-agreed fee which by the sounds of it we triggered, Chelsea can't reject our offer only Jay can.

It is likely that there could be a slight % increase pre -agreed should certain criteria be met but it won’t be huge.

But yes, Chelsea will not be able to refuse the offer so it is all down to the player now.

You’ve got to worry that if the u21 England left back is on the market for as little as £2m then there will be other teams queuing up for him beside us. Bigger champ teams with more £ keen and would start him, Lower prem teams who might start him but could at least offer him minutes as a squad player. 

Hope we can get him , and certainly reasons why he might want to come back, but trying to see it from a neutral point of view I’ve got concerns about whether we are likely to. England u21 shop window might not help us either (unless he has a shocker ha). 

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 14:40, Major Isewater said:

Will he link up with Kelly at Southampton ?

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:09, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I doubt it, Kelly’s gone to Bournemouth. ?

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:57, Major Isewater said:

Same thing .

;)

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 15:58, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Broadly irrelevant South Coast clubs? Yep, I’d agree. ?

That depends on the Pompey and Circumstances innit? 

As he has not asked for a transfer is he not entitled to a % of the transfer fee??

If that is the case, it may be in his interest to turn us down and ignite a bidding war(assuming there is more than 1 club interested).

36 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

As he has not asked for a transfer is he not entitled to a % of the transfer fee??

If that is the case, it may be in his interest to turn us down and ignite a bidding war(assuming there is more than 1 club interested).

This is what I was thinking, watching LK go to a prem side he must be thinking if he turns it down another prem team or a Cardiff/Huddersfield/West brom with more money will be interested. Not a massive gamble either as I assume if there is no interest he could come back here on loan on probably the same terms and just sign next summer. 

49 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

Mores the point, if chelsea have to accept 2 million from us, but to everyone else the asking price is 4, might they suggest to dasilva that they will make it worth his while to reject us and go somewhere where they will pay chelsea more?

9 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Being cynical can Chelsea say to JD we don't want you to go to BCFC as we can get £10m from say BRFC and we will give you 20 % of it if you join BRFC instead (:laugh:)...Business is business after all

Pretty sure that he would have to sig n a new contract with Chelsea for that to work if it varied from his current deal.

A L2 chairman got hauled in front of the coals by the FA this season for buying his team McDonald's as a means of a win "bonus"

I don’t see JDS as a Chelsea player, they appear to prefer strong athletic defensively strong players and JDS isn’t that. He is more suited to a wing back role or a more attacking style team who actually get the full backs to bomb on

18 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Rumour today that Marcus Alonso is to leave Chelsea in the summer. One might imagine dasilva now will be second choice with Emerson for their left back / left wing back position now. 

I know Aina has an optional fee as well but in that scenario you'd imagine they'd want to keep him first if they could keep someone around by offering the #2 slot, Baba Rehman as well.

7 minutes ago, hodge said:

I know Aina has an optional fee as well but in that scenario you'd imagine they'd want to keep him first if they could keep someone around by offering the #2 slot, Baba Rehman as well.

Forgot they had him. Can't keep track of all these Chelsea loanees. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Torino have first refusal on Aina- if they exercise it and Aina agrees, he'd be off I reckon.

Was like our buyout clause with Da Silva I believe.

Yeah I get that, I mean if they're going to try and persuade one of their guys out on loan to stick around as number 2 despite having the clause to move away I'd have thought they'd try convincing Aina and Rahman before Dasilva.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

Yeah I get that, I mean if they're going to try and persuade one of their guys out on loan to stick around as number 2 despite having the clause to move away I'd have thought they'd try convincing Aina and Rahman before Dasilva.

Ah yeah, get your point now. May make it more likely for us?

2 hours ago, Wade Wilson said:

Na, his loan ended today. Other teams can go in for him now. 

No idea if our deal still stands or what. 

Why have some form of pre transfer agreement with Chelsea if it's not in some way advantageous to the club to sign him ahead of other clubs. The loan is effectively a contract which if expires today would mean we could announce as our player if all the fees and personal details have been agreed?

18 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Surely if we've exercised the option, it doesn't matter, unless JDS turns us down? :dunno:

He’s obviously waiting to see what else comes his way which isn’t a great sign. 

24 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Why have some form of pre transfer agreement with Chelsea if it's not in some way advantageous to the club to sign him ahead of other clubs. The loan is effectively a contract which if expires today would mean we could announce as our player if all the fees and personal details have been agreed?

It was advantageous prior to today. Hopefully it is all sorted but who knows? He’s “officially” back at Chelsea so ball is in his court. 

14 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

It was advantageous prior to today. Hopefully it is all sorted but who knows? He’s “officially” back at Chelsea so ball is in his court. 

I've no idea about the particular details of this deal. But in general all a pre-agreed fee means is exactly that, there's no exclusivity.

If we've got a pre-agreed fee of let's say £4m, that means if we offer it Chelsea have to accept. It's advantageous to us if he plays so well for us that his value shoots up, but equally Chelsea are free to accept £1m, £4m or £20m for him from any club at the same time.

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

I've no idea about the particular details of this deal. But in general all a pre-agreed fee means is exactly that, there's no exclusivity.

If we've got a pre-agreed fee of let's say £4m, that means if we offer it Chelsea have to accept. It's advantageous to us if he plays so well for us that his value shoots up, but equally Chelsea are free to accept £1m, £4m or £20m for him from any club at the same time.

As far as I’m aware that’s not how these pre-agreed loan deals work. The pre-agreed fee means a window of exclusivity as long as the loan is active a la Luka Jovic. Everyone and their dog wants him but since Frankfurt, like us, had a pre-agreed loan fee no one else could bid for him and so Frankfurt activated their £6m fee and will flip him. Pretty sure the same applies here, it’s all moot now anyway since he’s back at Chelsea and open season has started. I just have no idea if our deal stays initiated or if we have to bid again. 

1 hour ago, Wade Wilson said:

He’s obviously waiting to see what else comes his way which isn’t a great sign. 

He's not making a decision until his England duty is done. This has been known for a while now.

As long as we triggered the clause then there's no issue.

Archived