IGNORED

SIGNED: Jay Dasilva

Davefevs

25 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

TBF he'd be daft to commit to us so early - who could blame him for waiting to see what other offers come his way? 

Don’t think he’d be daft as the LB spot is essentially his here. But yes there is a logic to waiting

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Playing devils advocate here, your first bullet seems to assume that he was impressed with the club and where it was heading. For all we know he may have come away thinking, yeah not sure about City.

Yes, big assumption. 

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I always find it hard to understand how a player can come to a club like city and be impressed after being at a top 6 prem club

⬇️

46 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

No point being on the outside looking in. A lot of young players at big clubs never end up playing for them. Clubs like Chelsea hoover all the talent up for the sake of only 1 or 2 making the first team. I would be hopeful JDS was very impressed by city. Enough so that he signs . Here’s hoping ? 

Yeah, you would imagine the fact that City agreed a fee with Chelsea that his future at Chelsea has been decided (of course things can change). 

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I always find it hard to understand how a player can come to a club like city and be impressed after being at a top 6 prem club

Because you wouldn't expect a club lower down to have such infrastructure and it would come as a pleasant surprise; and he's spent the whole season travelling around to other clubs in this League and has seen first hand that some have, shall we say, dated facilities. 

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Just a thought re Jay but with Charlton being promoted , could that throw a spanner in the works potentially ?  Their fans loved him and I think he was their player of the season. Could a LOndon based Championship club where he was so successful be a more favourable choice for Jay ? :( 

A team thats going for top 6 or a team just got promoted who are likely to be fighting relegation? Dont think we need to worry about charlton. Other bigger teams maybe.

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not loyal to England I know but I’d be quite content if the u21s got dumped out of the European championships tonight. Perhaps, just perhaps we’d get an earlier decision on whether JDS will come or not. 

Very good chance of that when they have Boothtroyd in charge. To not make it through would be pretty awful with all that talent

Archived