Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Davefevs

SIGNED: Jay Dasilva

53 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Jay Dasilva trending on Twitter, saw it on there first and wondered what was going on, now I’m very happy but Chelsea fans very unhappy 

As I’m a non-twitterer, can anybody help with examples of the Chelsea fans reactions, please?

• Like 1

If its true that Dasilva transfer was 2m then Ashton deserves a lot of praise.

13m for Lloyd and 2m for Dasilva.

Great business.

• Like 2

Really pleased with this infact ecstatic.

Hopefully sends a message to others mulling over moves to BS3 that it is the place to be!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

If its true that Dasilva transfer was 2m then Ashton deserves a lot of praise.

13m for Lloyd and 2m for Dasilva.

Great business.

Two England U21 full backs were sold today - one for £50m and one for £2m - Palace and Bristol City are both celebrating! 

• Like 5

£2m is an absolute steal for a player of his quality and potential. They did well to get a price agreed before he had a fantastic season with us, great move.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Two England U21 full backs were sold today - one for £50m and one for £2m - Palace and Bristol City are both celebrating! 

Someone should probably do a tweet about that.

48 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Heard the same that all the deals were done some time ago with Chelsea, including Palmer as well as Kalas

MA has been in dialogue with Chelsea for some time and any transfers agreed were before the internationals and the Kelly money was the key. The club have kept quiet but Kalas & Palmer have been playing little games and giving cryptic hints on social media

I so hope you are right Kalas is a top top player at this level.

And Kasey could be a real game changer for us, I really think the lad is hugely talented.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bcdc said:

As I’m a non-twitterer, can anybody help with examples of the Chelsea fans reactions, please?

They genuinely seem gutted. They seem to think he’s better then what they’ve got at the club and will go for loads more in the future. A few think him and Reece James should be there starting full backs next year 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Fantastic news...and a salutary lesson in never reading too much into social media. Never in doubt in my mind...

23367796-AB08-4738-850D-AED2B5711744.png

I'm not liking this post on account of the fact I'm pretty sure I liked it the first time around.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ashton98 said:

They genuinely seem gutted. They seem to think he’s better then what they’ve got at the club and will go for loads more in the future. A few think him and Reece James should be there starting full backs next year 

I have nothing against Lloyd Kelly and I am pleased for the lad that he has got his move but having watched both LK & JDS last season and for England U21s I cant help but feel that we have got one hell of a good deal and £2m is a bloody bargain 

I was a bit concerned and sceptical that JDS May have been tapped up by other clubs and was destined to move elsewhere so I am so pleased that we have yet another top quality left back which follows our long line of excellent LBs signed over the years 

Welcome Jay, you have made the right decision!!

Edited by INCRED

42 minutes ago, bcdc said:

I have already posted on this shortly after the season finished that I have a few very close friends connected within or around Chelsea and the academy and felt confident we'd sign JD and I'm very hopeful will all see TK announcement very soon 🤞.... on their feelings is very mixed more wanted Tammy to be given then chance but JD & TK are just another young talented player with potential and at the top 6/8 clubs in the prem you could fill every team in the championship with them as the average price for defender / striker is 50 to 80million and rising. Hopefully their loss and our gain... On KP I'm not so sure he is still young but he has struggled for fitness and possibly his attitude hasn't been right so will see if LJ gives him that chance as he has been working hard all summer so let's see. Hopefully Arsenal let up cherry pick their youth aswell 😉

2 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

Awesome news - this video looks like it was filmed in someone’s back garden which leads to the assumption this was wrapped up before the Euros as some have suggested.  The U21s are still at the tournament, aren’t they? Doesn’t look very ‘training ground-y’ to me

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who was the last player we signed from Chelsea?

Robert Fleck? No no that was a loan

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Heard the same that all the deals were done some time ago with Chelsea, including Palmer as well as Kalas

MA has been in dialogue with Chelsea for some time and any transfers agreed were before the internationals and the Kelly money was the key. The club have kept quiet but Kalas & Palmer have been playing little games and giving cryptic hints on social media

Dasilva, Palmer, Kalas AND another unnamed Chelsea player, the latter a loan, is what I heard we were working on. Absolutely no idea who the other was, but ties in with LJ's interview earlier this week (re good working relationship with Chelsea).

21 minutes ago, Scare_Man said:

Awesome news - this video looks like it was filmed in someone’s back garden which leads to the assumption this was wrapped up before the Euros as some have suggested.  The U21s are still at the tournament, aren’t they? Doesn’t look very ‘training ground-y’ to me

under 21’s got knocked out at the group stage

So proud to be a City supporter..........I have supported Bristol's premier team for a looooooong time.  To hear JDS state that the good will and support he received from the City fans influenced his decision to come here makes me optimistic and excited for the comimg season.............just need him to have a word in JK's direction now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I heard Robert fleck was a loan 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Dasilva, Palmer, Kalas AND another unnamed Chelsea player, the latter a loan, is what I heard we were working on. Absolutely no idea who the other was, but ties in with LJ's interview earlier this week (re good working relationship with Chelsea).

Didn't someone suggest a young striker from them not long ago? Seemed to have an excellent scoring record in the youth teams 

Spent a good portion of the day looking at the share price of a sh*t box Arab bank.

Never been so pleased to be able to go:

YYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS

Holy shit, this is bloody fantastic.  I had already resigned myself to JDS signing for someone else.

This is a bloody sensational time to be City.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

2 millions apparently 

Really pleased about this mate. Hope we get Kalas as well. As mentioned very good indicators for a change coming

16 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

You can say that again 

• Haha 2

So, just so we all understand.

We have sold the second choice England u21 left back for 13mil, and signed the first choice England u21 left back for 2mil....

Brilliantly bonkers!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Robin 5

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah - he played for five clubs between leaving Chelsea and joining Bristol City ...

Mere details.😉

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Darren Barnard? 

Superb pick off! That’s who I think it is - happy to be proved wrong though - and it was yet another brilliant full back ...

34 minutes ago, James54De said:

under 21’s got knocked out at the group stage

I knew we were out after losing the first 2 games but didn’t hear anything of the third and so thought it was still to play. Didn’t realise it was Monday - guess they are back home now then 

41 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Would we really want Palmer?