IGNORED

Frankie Fielding Released (Confirmed)

Red Army 75

All the best Frankie, I think his best performance was at home to Swindle in the double season. A little bit overshadowed by Flint’s post match interview and a super strike by Joe Bryan, but he pulled off a couple of absolute worldies that night.

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

All the best Frankie, I think his best performance was at home to Swindle in the double season. A little bit overshadowed by Flint’s post match interview and a super strike by Joe Bryan, but he pulled off a couple of absolute worldies that night.

The picture of Joe with Frankie was when he was mascot for exactly that game.

We will all have various views of his gk abilities, but the common theme on here is what a top bloke he was.  In The changing room that night he was the leader (with Alby) making sure all the players made a fuss of the mascots, getting them to sign this and sign that, pose for photos etc.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Gutted. Loved Frankie. 

Didn't get the credit he deserved from many. 

I have no doubt he’ll stay in the Championship. 

Blackburn?  A Rovers Return?

17 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Are Rovers a possible destination for him? Especially if he's happy in the area. 

They've had loanee keepers for the past 2 seasons haven't they? He'd be an ideal Number 1 for them. 

FGR if they are promoted you mean? :) 

Pretty much from the moment he arrived (with the exception of the double winning season) he was constantly having to put up with people being signed who were considered to be better than him. With the exception of Maenpaa, he saw them all off eventually.

That takes a lot of character, as well as ability, and tells you everything you need to know about him.

I suspect this decision is mutually beneficial. The club want to move forward and be aiming for a younger keeper to become No.1 in the next couple of years, be that Max or someone else, and Frankie has long been rumoured to want to move back up North. You'd back him to get a good club, either in the Championship or the top end of L1.

13 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Frankly I am relieved. One of the weak links for years

Yeah lost count of the amount of games he has cost us?

Never the best with distribution and beaten with the odd 30 yarder, but kept us in games on many occasions, we have had far worse over the years.

Team player and really humble guy what's not to like with Frankie ?

All the best to him, get injury free and he has a few years left at a decent standard.

4 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Think he will go back to Blackburn , great keeper awful distribution,  but been a great servant . Onwards and upwards 

It’s not his fault they narrowed the pitch! Fine margins!

Even for his personality alone he will be missed

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Who did they sign him from?!

Seriously though, I thought that as Chelsea has appealed against the transfer ban they will be free to sign players between the start of June and end of August as their punishment will be delayed by the appeal ...

Think Uefa said you ain’t getting it delayed on appeal.  But not 100% on that.

Top man Frankie..A big part of the league and cup double that was massive in our history.What a season.So many amazing memories.Will always remember you with a smile. Hope you remember us as fondly  as we remember you.A proper character. Will really miss you around the Gate.

Archived