IGNORED

Eros Pisano Released (Confirmed)

BcfcDuncs

• The title was changed to Eros Pisano Released (Confirmed)

Shame as I'm not sure Hunt is the answer, but not altogether surprising given the number of games he has been getting.

Would not be surprised to see him stay in England and even another Championship club with a smaller budget, he and his family seemed to settle well here.

Loved Pisano, one of my favourite right backs for City in my time watching (behind Orr). 

Sorry to see him leave but right back is a big hole for us and we need that bit of extra stamina and quality in that position.

I wish him well and hope he finds whatever he is looking for at his age it could be coaching or to continue to play, either here or abroad. 

Comes as no great surprise. His missus all but announced this the other day on Twitter, and of course there was the "fake post" on Eros' account the other week.

Quite surprising that we tell players whether they will or won't be kept on before the end of the season. Suppose it gives the player more time to make plans for themselves but a rare strategy in football.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Best of luck Eros, hope to see you playing in Oz if rumours are true*

*on BT sport, I don’t think i’ll ever visit Oz sadly.

Less than 16 hrs with Qantas.

I bet added up you've spent a lot more that on the road following the team this season ? ?

12 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Less than 16 hrs with Qantas.

I bet added up you've spent a lot more that on the road following the team this season ? ?

Probably. But MrRedM won’t fly, and I wouldn’t want to do a trip like that without him. ?

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

About 15:30hrs on the way out. But it is downhill ?

Coming back on Mon, may take a bit longer. But there's no rush, unfortunately no play offs to get back for. ?

Trying to work out when to go back for a holiday, or longer if Brexit goes tits up.  Mrs F is an Aussie by birth, and both kids are citizens.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Trying to work out when to go back for a holiday, or longer if Brexit goes tits up.  Mrs F is an Aussie by birth, and both kids are citizens.

Well I'm sure then that you know more about Oz than I do.

Autumn in WA, but still mid 20s in Perth area at the moment. Oz winter is a great time to visit Qld. 

Anyway don't want to hijack the thread, good luck to Eros wherever he goes.?

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Liked his passion for the club. Fitness levels just not good enough for championship imo. Vyner takes his place. I think we only bring in another if Hunt was to be sold, which I can't see happening.

Very good point and I suspect what lays behind this.

I think Eros’s second game was away at Brentford and IIRC, he was stated to have sat in the dressing room afterwards saying  “too fast...too fast” as he was that shocked with the pace.

Its hard enough in your 20s to adapt. But in your 30s, even though he put 100% in, the writing was potentially on the wall that he’d ultimately struggle to play a 46 game season in the championship 

Archived