IGNORED

Stefan Marinovic Released (Confirmed)

Alex_BCFC

34 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Yes - I have a feeling we won that game if I remember correctly......

No thanks to him.

34 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Yes - I have a feeling we won that game if I remember correctly......

1-1. 

I guess it depends on which highlights reel you stumble across. 

If it's this one, then it's the worst debut I've ever seen:

However, he does redeem himself somewhat in the following clip and may be able to find another club:

17 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Yes - my bad -  not Stefans fault though. 

If we had put Max in goal we would have won that match. Yes the goal was not his fault but his distribution and uncertainty when on the ball completely threw our team, who themselves started to look unsettled and panicked, often starting to hoof it clear rather than passing back to the goalie, which is not how we had been playing before.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Disagree.  His kicking was awful....the rest of his game was ok.

Why did LJ pick a guy who hadn’t played for 4/5 months, never played in English football before, etc, etc...when he had Max?

It really wasn’t. A few times he came out and aimlessly punched it up into the air with no direction. He also couldn’t control a backpass without it bouncing 5 feet in front of him. Couple of smart saves but certainly the dodgiest debut I can remember.

46 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

It really wasn’t. A few times he came out and aimlessly punched it up into the air with no direction. He also couldn’t control a backpass without it bouncing 5 feet in front of him. Couple of smart saves but certainly the dodgiest debut I can remember.

Opinions. I only remember him mis-punching it up in the air once????  Kicking - I’m including all aspects with ball at his feet. But he pinged a lovely 45 yard pass to Kelly minutes after his dodgy first touch. 

It was a dodgy debut overall, but I think clouded by the stuff with his feet not his hands. 

But you’re fine to have a different view. 

In this day and age all GK’s are expected to save the shots as standard but in addition a first touch is also a prerequisite so that the keeper can be an extra defender in possession. Stefan’s second touch was always a tackle unfortunately. I’m sure he would have improved on that given the chance but is he what a club with Championship Play Off ambitions needs between the sticks? No need to even answer that.

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

In this day and age all GK’s are expected to save the shots as standard but in addition a first touch is also a prerequisite so that the keeper can be an extra defender in possession. Stefan’s second touch was always a tackle unfortunately. I’m sure he would have improved on that given the chance but is he what a club with Championship Play Off ambitions needs between the sticks? No need to even answer that.

Completely agree.  The problem was LJ throwing him in to a situation he was not prepared for.  All I was saying to Marco is that the stuff he did with his hands wasn’t so bad.  But you couldn’t pick him again....at least until he’s acclimatised to the speed of the Champ.  Even Max has a few horror passes in his early games....Brentford, almost got robbed on his 6 yard line, Hull, kicked one straight to Grosicki 30 yards out.

On 07/05/2019 at 15:17, JamesBCFC said:

The comments on here about Marinovic have been ridiculously over the top. 

He was signed short term (end of season) contract to provide cover while both first choice were injured.

It wasn't even a terrible debut. It was a terrible bit of play at the start of his debut, but he wasn't at fault for the goal conceded.

He didn't stake a claim for first choice but ultimately did his job as being cover.

Good luck Stefan.

Exactly - Frankie had a horror debut that led to goals being conceded that were his fault - Marinovic’s debut was nowhere near as bad - Frankie turned it around, but it took him a while - he wasn’t good for a significant period.

The hysterical, over the top OTIB reaction to Marinovic’s debut was nothing if not predictable - good luck to the geezer....

PS - when Bale joined Spurs he was pretty woeful for nearly a season .... just saying ....

44 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

If we get drawn against Wellington Phoenix in the Anglo-Antipodean Cup I'd suggest we apply the high press so that Wellington Phoenix have to pepper him with back passes.

He'll probably score against us... ?‍♂️

On 07/05/2019 at 14:57, Port Said Red said:

I must admit, it was a terrible debut, but I remember the reaction on here to Basso's early games and people crying about Johnson replacing Phillips with him and look how that turned out. He may find a home and make a decent career somewhere else.

Basso was a disaster til the day he left. He was an entertainer though. Just look at all his professional stats.

He only played one game didn't he? Ipswich. Was that it? Some harsh mocking of a player that had one bad game with his ball control and kicking. Actually made one fantastic save in that game. Ipswich were the better side and he was far from the main reason we didn't take 3 points.

Archived