IGNORED

Stefan Marinovic Released (Confirmed)

Alex_BCFC

"Meanwhile, goalkeeper Stefan Marinovic has been released following the end of the short-term contract that saw him make one appearance after arriving in March, following injuries to Fielding and Niki Mäenpää."

Just want o say Thank you Stefan for the night terrors.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

No .

The club is not going to be the same ever again.

Joking aside , shame it didn’t work out and best of luck for the future Stefan.

Prove the doubters wrong .

I must admit, it was a terrible debut, but I remember the reaction on here to Basso's early games and people crying about Johnson replacing Phillips with him and look how that turned out. He may find a home and make a decent career somewhere else.

When it's Bobby Reid or Joe Bryan we get a compilation video and farewell message, but with Stefan absolutely nothing. Typical of the media team this season.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

When it's Bobby Reid or Joe Bryan we get a compilation video and farewell message, but with Stefan absolutely nothing. Typical of the media team this season.

It's been kicked into the long grass as a tribute to his distribution.... 

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I must admit, it was a terrible debut, but I remember the reaction on here to Basso's early games and people crying about Johnson replacing Phillips with him and look how that turned out. He may find a home and make a decent career somewhere else.

The comments on here about Marinovic have been ridiculously over the top. 

He was signed short term (end of season) contract to provide cover while both first choice were injured.

It wasn't even a terrible debut. It was a terrible bit of play at the start of his debut, but he wasn't at fault for the goal conceded.

He didn't stake a claim for first choice but ultimately did his job as being cover.

Good luck Stefan.

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I'm sure he will.................................it just won't be as a goalkeeper

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He was signed short term (end of season) contract to provide cover while both first choice were injured.

He didn't stake a claim for first choice but ultimately did his job as being cover.

Good luck Stefan.

I wouldnt call him a 'cover keeper' when the last 4 (?) games we literally would rather have no keeper on the bench, than him!

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

It wasn't even a terrible debut. It was a terrible bit of play at the start of his debut, but he wasn't at fault for the goal conceded.

Good luck Stefan.

It wasn't even a terrible debut? Did you watch it? It was shocking.

To be fair here, and that debut did give the vapours.

I can honestly say that as someone who sits there quarters of the way back in the Dolman not that far from the half way line, I felt less threatened by Stefan's goal-kicks than those made by Frankie.

With Frank, there was always that fear the ball might hit you if you weren't paying attention.

4 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It wasn't even a terrible debut? Did you watch it? It was shocking.

Disagree.  His kicking was awful....the rest of his game was ok.

Why did LJ pick a guy who hadn’t played for 4/5 months, never played in English football before, etc, etc...when he had Max?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Disagree.  His kicking was awful....the rest of his game was ok.

Why did LJ pick a guy who hadn’t played for 4/5 months, never played in English football before, etc, etc...when he had Max?

Agreed on both points- think he made some pretty sharp saves from memory, but at the same time the kicking set a bad tone, wouldn't have helped settle the defence.

Was unnecessarily harsh on O'Leary too.

Thrown straight into the side as emergency cover. 

Obviously ‘rusty’ but didn’t let us down when called upon - despite a few ‘flapper’ moments was never at fault for us conceding. 

Having said that it was the right decision and totally predictable  

Good luck Stefan. 

Archived