IGNORED

Player releases show City mean business

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Nobody should assume that it's only the club's decision for a player to leave a club.

We once had a striker named Trevor Morgan. Not the quickest, nor the cleverest but he helped us to win promotion in 1984. A while later, he left suddenly. Most fans couldn't understand why. No social media then, if there had been it could have gone mental.

At the club's next AGM, Terry Cooper told us why he left.

Morgan had always lived in rented houses but when he arrived at City, the majority of the squad were buying their own house. So Trev did the same but like all new purchasers with a young family, he struggled to make ends meet. 

He asked TC for a rise but not possible in the era after the 1982 fiasco. TC told him that if City got any offers for him that could get him a good pay increase, they would let him go. A few months later that happened, so Morgan got his finances sorted and we made a few pounds profit on the fee.

Don't jump to conclusions about why a player leaves. Rarely as obvious as it seems.

Ah , Trevor Morgan the fleetfooted carthorse. 

Used to love him as he ploughed a lone furrow through the opposition defence .

22 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Agree with this - but what if (as has happened MANY times before) we go after players who won’t come to us? To cast them adrift before signing replacements is imho an unnecessary risk. At least wait until their replacements are in the bag.......

Perhaps they're already here?

Academy. Pathway. Etc...

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Ah , Trevor Morgan the fleetfooted carthorse. 

Used to love him as he ploughed a lone furrow through the opposition defence .

Scored the best headed goal I've seen at AG.  A header “back from where it came from” v Chester.  1-0 win.  I was in a direct line behind it in the Dolman.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They follow me!!!!  

Me and Dolly helped her via Twitter with getting broadband sorted when they moved house!

Why do the club not have somebody in place who will help players with this sort of thing? In the NBA they employee a small department to manage player's needs like that. Primarily needed when a new player moves to a new city and then needed less as the season continues. Basically people to cover all the trivial stuff that'll take up time where players can be focussing on improving their game, recuperating, etc.

2 hours ago, TBW said:

Why do the club not have somebody in place who will help players with this sort of thing? In the NBA they employee a small department to manage player's needs like that. Primarily needed when a new player moves to a new city and then needed less as the season continues. Basically people to cover all the trivial stuff that'll take up time where players can be focussing on improving their game, recuperating, etc.

Olympique Lyonnaise (Lyon) do the same.

On 07/05/2019 at 21:31, Coombsy said:

Frank Fielding, Stefan Marinovic, Niki Maenpaa, Eros Pisano, Jamie Paterson, Antoine Semenyo.

acording to sky transfer news

On 07/05/2019 at 21:35, Robbored said:

Three official, two guess work...........

Did you have the same Maths teacher as Diane Abbott ?!

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Steady on - he only started 5 games and scored 2 goals .... including the winner vs The Blades ...

Was an old pals act Norwich fans were laughing when we signed him on top of that hes here another year on top wages as you said hes played five games.deadwood .you mean last year against the blades weinmann hatrick this season i waz there .

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Steady on - he only started 5 games and scored 2 goals .... including the winner vs The Blades ...

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Was an old pals act Norwich fans were laughing when we signed him on top of that hes here another year on top wages as you said hes played five games.deadwood .you mean last year against the blades weinmann hatrick this season i waz there .

The season just finished - we beat Blades 1-0, Watkins scored the winner ...

@RobintheRed Red

Barnsley- 2016/17.

Watkins

• 34 starts, 8 sub appearances
  • 10 goals
  • 7 assists
  • 72.9% passing accuracy.
  • 1.4 key passes per game
  • 22.1 passes per game
  • 0.5 dribbles per game (in their half, or attacking wise)
  • 1 Foul won per game
  • 0.9 tackles per game
  • 0.4 interceptions per game
  • 0.6 clearances per game
  • 0.6 dribbles per game (as in defensively out presumably)
  • 0.1 blocks per game
  • 2 fouls committed per game.

Presumably LJ had worked with him before, saw his form for Barnsley the following season at this level and believed he could get closer to that out of him than the Norwich form. It didn't work- to put it mildly- so I suggest we offer him back to Barnsley. :thumbsup: (I know they have a different regime now but it'd be win-win I feel).

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The season just finished - we beat Blades 1-0, Watkins scored the winner ...

We beat the

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@RobintheRed Red

Barnsley- 2016/17.

Watkins

• 34 starts, 8 sub appearances
  • 10 goals
  • 7 assists
  • 72.9% passing accuracy.
  • 1.4 key passes per game
  • 22.1 passes per game
  • 0.5 dribbles per game (in their half, or attacking wise)
  • 1 Foul won per game
  • 0.9 tackles per game
  • 0.4 interceptions per game
  • 0.6 clearances per game
  • 0.6 dribbles per game (as in defensively out presumably)
  • 0.1 blocks per game
  • 2 fouls committed per game.

Presumably LJ had worked with him before, saw his form for Barnsley the following season at this level and believed he could get closer to that out of him than the Norwich form. It didn't work- to put it mildly- so I suggest we offer him back to Barnsley. :thumbsup: (I know they have a different regime now but it'd be win-win I 

Yes im all for that but like i said hes got another year on his contract im sure he will be happy here getting a good wedge .

16 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

We beat the

Yes im all for that but like i said hes got another year on his contract im sure he will be happy here getting a good wedge .

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he signed a 3 year deal....he’s here until 2021.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but he signed a 3 year deal....he’s here until 2021.

Yes thats what im dissapointed with Dave johnson said about getting rid of deadwood an were stuck with him he would be on good wages aswell as Mr popodopolous said lets hope we can loan him back to Barnsley

9 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Bs4 on tour  the 1.0 win was the season before we just beat them 3.2 away? Yes

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No - the season just finished (2018/2019) we beat The Blades 1-0 and Watkins scored the winner

Got it yet @RobintheRed Red ?! - You do realise we play the other teams in our division on two occasions during each season? Once at home and once away ...

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That is quite incredible.

We are all , in the main, hoping that next season we will be infused with some additional players that might, just might, and of course no guarantee, get us to auto promotion, and, if not, play- offs. Marley Watkins does not compliment that thought, even remotely.

The fact that he has a 3 yr deal is breathtaking. 

Edit - His deal is almost at the same level of incredulity, and I said almost, as signing Eisa.

On 09/05/2019 at 17:55, Davefevs said:

Scored the best headed goal I've seen at AG.  A header “back from where it came from” v Chester.  1-0 win.  I was in a direct line behind it in the Dolman.

Was that the evening game?

All I remember about the match was that there were about ten Chester fans that had made the trip. Not only did they have the freedom of the open end, they also had no protection when the storm clouds opened. Oh boy, did it rain.

Eventually, a couple of stewards invited them to sit in block A of the Dolman, which took no persuasion!

13 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Was that the evening game?

All I remember about the match was that there were about ten Chester fans that had made the trip. Not only did they have the freedom of the open end, they also had no protection when the storm clouds opened. Oh boy, did it rain.

Eventually, a couple of stewards invited them to sit in block A of the Dolman, which took no persuasion!

No it was a 3pm Saturday game....Waughie made a brilliant wrong-hand save from Milton Graham at 0-0.

Archived