IGNORED

Jay Dasilva doesn’t appear to be signing

Dollymarie

I’m sure all 3 loans will listen to our offers. If nothing else these tweets stop the moronic “are you signing” tweets 50 times a day.

When Tomlin said nothing it was pathetic and embarrassing reading his twitter account; we seemed so desperate and other clubs fans were rightly ripping the piss.

Let them have a holiday and talk to family etc just like would want to when making a big career decision.

42 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

We've agreed a fee with Chelsea but yet to agree personal terms so if he gets a better offer from elsewhere he can choose to leave, we just get the first chance to make him an offer then it's up to him

Only if Chelsea agree a fee with another club.

As our fee is preagreed and he has had a very good season other clubs may have to stump up more than we do.

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think it’s fair to say JDS will have more tempting and more lucrative offers than here. 

Villa for example. They need full backs. 

Neil Taylor at LB first choice....and has played quite a decent part in their rise under Smith.  If they stay down, I don’t see them being able to pay much if anything at all.  Will be offloading.

5 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Could be a shit summer if all 3 Chelsea loanees don’t sign , then what ? 

I know what you mean but there’s no guarantee when taking a loan that they will sign for us. It’s not a try before you buy arrangementvwhen you take a season long loan, usually. Chelsea have used us as much as we’ve used them,  getting their players experience they can’t give. We do the same with our loans. I guess we didn’t want Newport to buy Semenyo or Rotherham Vyner. 

That said,  there was rumours we had some kind of deal struck for Dasilva. People also thought Kalas might want to settle after being on loan pretty much all his career. In our favour is the fact they know our club and hopefully have enjoyed the experience, If they went elsewhere it could only mean more money, playing at a higher level or prospects of it, or closer to home, depends on what’s important? 

It sounds like a goodbye tweet, but  I think players tend to take seasons as they are and draw a line under and start again. It might just be him signing off from this season ( clutching straws).

50 minutes ago, Lez said:

Personally feel the title of this thread should be changed as clearly it is not factual and potentially incorrect.

What it should say is

"Da Silva thanks fans". Please change.

36 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’ve edited my thread title slightly. 

Who are the mods, who are the mods, who are, who are, who are the mods on this place these days?

Jeez guys, let’s deal in some facts (and optimism)

- Chelsea don’t want JDS. They were happy to agree a fee with us as the loan club so “the next stage of his development” for them is pointless. They’re cashing in and no new manager at Chelsea is going to risk JDS in the first team

- We want him. LJ has stated as much.

- In terms of better options - where? The two promoted sides don’t need a LB. Realistically, JDS is looking at a top end champ club if he’s leaving Chelsea permanently (and he is, see (1)). I’ll put this bit in bold - we are now a top end championship club. If Villa and Derby don’t go up they don’t have a pot to p!ss in. Half the rest of the league, including so say bigger clubs, are in some kind of FFP borderline. Where is the club who is going to spunk serious money on a LB (and if it’s not us, Chelsea will want more than £2m)

So, you’re JDS. You’re leaving Chelsea - where you won’t be on extreme money - and are going to a top end championship club. There’s one club interested, who you know you fit in with, have to pay less than the market so can prob do a good signing on fee (and match/increase your wages). 

Realistically, where else are you going?

Reading too much into social media is an absolute modern curse. He’s coming here. I’d lay decent money on it.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

- Chelsea don’t want JDS. They were happy to agree a fee with us as the loan club so “the next stage of his development” for them is pointless. They’re cashing in and no new manager at Chelsea is going to risk JDS in the first team

- In terms of better options - where? The two promoted sides don’t need a LB. Realistically, JDS is looking at a top end champ club if he’s leaving Chelsea permanently (and he is, see (1)). I’ll put this bit in bold - we are now a top end championship club. If Villa and Derby don’t go up they don’t have a pot to p!ss in. Half the rest of the league, including so say bigger clubs, are in some kind of FFP borderline. Where is the club who is going to spunk serious money on a LB (and if it’s not us, Chelsea will want more than £2m)

So, you’re JDS. You’re leaving Chelsea - where you won’t be on extreme money - and are going to a top end championship club. There’s one club interested, who you know you fit in with, have to pay less than the market so can prob do a good signing on fee (and match/increase your wages). 

Reading too much into social media is an absolute modern curse. He’s coming here. I’d lay decent money on it.

Brilliant post and absolutely hit the nail on the head regarding social media 

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

⬇️

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

Brilliant post and absolutely hit the nail on the head regarding social media 

Yeah, what you said to what he said. ?

1 minute ago, Super said:

Do people really think we are the only club interested in him?

I’m sure lots are, but how many are better placed than us, and of those, have the money to go get him.....notwithstanding he knows the set-up and his worth to City?

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Nothing to read into this imo. Is the token ‘thanks’ instagram that all players have to do. Fairly sure Tomlin did something similar before he signed perm too. 

It’s like you’ve copied someone’s homework, changed the word order around and swapped the odd word here and there....hoping the teacher has read so many they don’t notice the similarities!

Oh i’m already bored of the off season!!

cryptic tweets and messages mean bugger all!

ofcourse we’ll be trying to sign him! But who really cares at this stage, we will see what happens because lets face it, it will be basically July before we hear anything!?

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s like you’ve copied someone’s homework, changed the word order around and swapped the odd word here and there....hoping the teacher has read so many they don’t notice the similarities!

"I'm sure that you've copied Rudolf's answers, Fevs. To question 9, he's written I don't know the answer and you've written I don't know the answer either".

He's a decent player but I'd rather keep Lloyd Kelly who is a better defender and will be worth am awful lot more than £2 million sooner rather than later. There's a danger of JDS blocking his development especially if we also sign Kalas. 

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

"I'm sure that you've copied Rudolf's answers, Fevs. To question 9, he's written I don't know the answer and you've written I don't know the answer either".

Damn, rumbled.  I meant to put Ivor not either!!

10 minutes ago, The Bard said:

He's a decent player but I'd rather keep Lloyd Kelly who is a better defender and will be worth am awful lot more than £2 million sooner rather than later. There's a danger of JDS blocking his development especially if we also sign Kalas. 

Kelly's future is as a CB. DaSilva won't be blocking him long term

10 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

could just be thanking the fans and his agent pr are just towing the line

This! Whether a player is coming or going, until it is finalised and in our clubs and Chelsea's interests to share the news, we won't want the player saying anymore than what he has, otherwise it results in embarrassing climb downs like when Pisano had to say his account was hacked because he had quite clearly been told off for releasing news of his departure too early.

There could be any number of reasons why either Chelsea or us or even the player himself don't want to say anything too final at this point, especially if any agreement or paperwork is not complete. I understand the anxiety but the place to announce signing is officially via the clubs involved (and holding up a scarf), not in an Instagram post 48 hours after the final whistle,

Archived