IGNORED

Jay Dasilva doesn’t appear to be signing

Dollymarie

11 hours ago, The Bard said:

He's a decent player but I'd rather keep Lloyd Kelly who is a better defender and will be worth am awful lot more than £2 million sooner rather than later. There's a danger of JDS blocking his development especially if we also sign Kalas. 

Except that Kelly is earmarked for central defence , not a position JD is going to be challenging for unless he has a growth spurt in the summer ! 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Except that Kelly is earmarked for central defence , not a position JD is going to be challenging for unless he has a growth spurt in the summer ! 

Exactly. I only watched the England game on tv but was impressed with Kelly at LCB and the way he linked up with Jay. 

But for me now that Pisano has gone sorting out the RB seems more urgent, I’m not convinced Hunt is the answer. Why do we find this position so hard to fill with any quality for any length of time.

15 hours ago, kivsy said:

Could be a shit summer if all 3 Chelsea loanees don’t sign , then what ? 

Then we all give up, go home, and cry ourselves to sleep. The club will fold, just like it did all those other times we didn't sign the players we wanted.

Oh, wait...

5 hours ago, Olé said:

This! Whether a player is coming or going, until it is finalised and in our clubs and Chelsea's interests to share the news, we won't want the player saying anymore than what he has, otherwise it results in embarrassing climb downs like when Pisano had to say his account was hacked because he had quite clearly been told off for releasing news of his departure too early.

There could be any number of reasons why either Chelsea or us or even the player himself don't want to say anything too final at this point, especially if any agreement or paperwork is not complete. I understand the anxiety but the place to announce signing is officially via the clubs involved (and holding up a scarf), not in an Instagram post 48 hours after the final whistle,

Plus it puts the ball in the court of the teams who are interested.  And perhaps whips up a little fans' frenzy like the summer after Tomlin played on loan for us....

If we sign JDS and he turns into Tomlin mk 2 then we need to ignore loan players' social media accounts at all costs!

3 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

And if we do sign all three that could be our budget practically blown , making us no stronger next season than this. Then what ?

I thought this was the summer that Lansdownwas going to get behind the Manager and spend more than usual to keep progressing the team.

LJ seemed pretty keen on keeping JDS at the club, and given his talk at the end of the season I wonder if part of this is down to whether we're keeping him or not.

Maybe there's a three-way tussle at play, where LJ wants JDS, but Lansdown doesn't want to pay, so JDS is playing hardball by saying goodbye on social media.

Archived