IGNORED

BREAKING: Kalas wants out of Chelsea

Septic Peg

He's exactly the sort of quality we should be signing on a permanent contract.

It's all going to come down to how much money is involved and what other offers he gets. I would imagine there would certainly be some Prem interest which would rule us out as an option from the get go. Fingers crossed however as it would be a brilliant move for us.

He’d be a terrific signing for us. We saw how impressive he and Webdini were last season and it’d be wonderful to see them paired up again next season.

But.......a CB of his ability would certainly attract other clubs interest so competition for his signature would be intense.

Can we all just calm down for a second. The season only finished one working day ago and we've already released three players, Kalas wants to leave Chelsea and Da Silva is or isn't rejoining us. We've got a whole three months to fill! 

Yes, A fantastic player and a great partnership with Webster, but at what cost ?

At what fee would it be 'good luck' but no thanks.

I ask that as we are blessed with quality defenders in Baker, Wright, Webster and of course the one for the future, Kelly ?  

I pluck a figure out of the air, 10 Million ?  A what price would it be better to use that elsewhere on park ?

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yes, A fantastic player and a great partnership with Webster, but at what cost ?

I ask that as we are blessed with quality defenders in Baker, Wright, Webster and of course the one for the future, Kelly ?  

I pluck a figure out of the air, 10 Million ?  A what price would it be better to use that elsewhere on park ?

I can see baker and maybe wright going off. The fee won’t be anything over 7 million I’d imagine, and at that price we have to do it 

I'd imagine there would be lower Prem teams that would be interested or clubs abroad, Germany probably the main ones. 

Most would offer bigger wages possible European football. Would all depend if he liked the area to settle down in as us signing him. 

I'm not optimistic we'll see him here next season 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

so competition for his signature would be intense.

Sorry Robbo but I misread that and thought it said intents. Was wondering where Rovers would get the money from.

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Can we all just calm down for a second. The season only finished one working day ago and we've already released three players, Kalas wants to leave Chelsea and Da Silva is or isn't rejoining us. We've got a whole three months to fill! 

In the last summer window there were over 100 players mentioned in the transfer forum, so there’s no chance of calm. As Sherlock Holmes said: 

“Where there is no imagination there is no horror.”

So be prepared for 3 months of imagination, speculation and cider fuelled cutzpah 

30 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

How does salary cap at BCFC affect the signing. Assume it will be a NO!

Reputedly Baker is our highest wage earner at £20k and Kalas is paid £23k.

Well worth extending our wage cap and offering Kalas £25k, along with a likely 6m fee for Chelsea, worth every penny. Besides we could then offload Baker at least, and possibly Wright too.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

I think our goals against record speaks volumes compared to last season, if Kalas is available then he would be a must if we want to have a good go next season - £8-10m a price worth paying. If we are as reported in a good place regards FFP then why not.

Baker is injury prone and picks up far too many cards when he does play 

Wright - Nowhere near as good as Kalas and in my opinion is a liability at CB

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Reputedly Baker is our highest wage earner at £20k and Kalas is paid £23k.

Well worth extending our wage cap and offering Kalas £25k, along with a likely 6m fee for Chelsea, worth every penny. Besides we could then offload Baker at least, and possibly Wright too.

Assuming he’s still under contract, wouldn’t Chelsea still have to top it up to the £23k anyway till the end of the contract? Provided he doesn’t put in a request.

Archived