Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Septic Peg

BREAKING: Kalas wants out of Chelsea

According to Greg MacGreg, he's heard from a London journo that Kalas wants out of Chelsea and will be looking for a permanent club... 👀

Hmmmmmm. Thoughts?

Edited by Septic Peg
  • Like 2

BREAKING... seven hours ago.

Edited by TBW
  • Haha 1

He's exactly the sort of quality we should be signing on a permanent contract.

It's all going to come down to how much money is involved and what other offers he gets. I would imagine there would certainly be some Prem interest which would rule us out as an option from the get go. Fingers crossed however as it would be a brilliant move for us.

• Like 1

He’d be a terrific signing for us. We saw how impressive he and Webdini were last season and it’d be wonderful to see them paired up again next season.

But.......a CB of his ability would certainly attract other clubs interest so competition for his signature would be intense.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not surprising at all.

Has previously called himself a training cone that Chelsea move around.

That's really sad :sad26:

we love you Kalas :city:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Can we all just calm down for a second. The season only finished one working day ago and we've already released three players, Kalas wants to leave Chelsea and Da Silva is or isn't rejoining us. We've got a whole three months to fill! 

• Like 3

Yes, A fantastic player and a great partnership with Webster, but at what cost ?

At what fee would it be 'good luck' but no thanks.

I ask that as we are blessed with quality defenders in Baker, Wright, Webster and of course the one for the future, Kelly ?  

I pluck a figure out of the air, 10 Million ?  A what price would it be better to use that elsewhere on park ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TBW said:

Alright flower. Keep your hair on. 

Perhaps next time you can post the link... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That's really sad :sad26:

we love you Kalas :city:

Well I suspect he's considerably better paid than Chelsea's other training cones!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There will be no shortage of suitors, fingers crossed his time here will persuade him that we are the right club with the right ambition for him.

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yes, A fantastic player and a great partnership with Webster, but at what cost ?

I ask that as we are blessed with quality defenders in Baker, Wright, Webster and of course the one for the future, Kelly ?  

I pluck a figure out of the air, 10 Million ?  A what price would it be better to use that elsewhere on park ?

I can see baker and maybe wright going off. The fee won’t be anything over 7 million I’d imagine, and at that price we have to do it 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well I suspect he's considerably better paid than Chelsea's other training cones!

yes but even so :redcard:

• Like 1

I'd imagine there would be lower Prem teams that would be interested or clubs abroad, Germany probably the main ones. 

Most would offer bigger wages possible European football. Would all depend if he liked the area to settle down in as us signing him. 

I'm not optimistic we'll see him here next season 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

so competition for his signature would be intense.

Sorry Robbo but I misread that and thought it said intents. Was wondering where Rovers would get the money from.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If I appeal this red will Bailey Wright get a 2 match ban?

I expect so! Villa will be awarded a penalty and Frank Lampard will be given a knighthood

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Can we all just calm down for a second. The season only finished one working day ago and we've already released three players, Kalas wants to leave Chelsea and Da Silva is or isn't rejoining us. We've got a whole three months to fill! 

In the last summer window there were over 100 players mentioned in the transfer forum, so there’s no chance of calm. As Sherlock Holmes said: 

“Where there is no imagination there is no horror.”

So be prepared for 3 months of imagination, speculation and cider fuelled cutzpah 

• Like 1

Exciting. Please, please come back to Bristol Tomas! This would be a monster signing.

1 minute ago, WarksRobin said:

More likely to return to Fulham, unfortunately.

He will go where the money is. And unfortinately we won't be able to compete with Fulham

30 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

How does salary cap at BCFC affect the signing. Assume it will be a NO!

Reputedly Baker is our highest wage earner at £20k and Kalas is paid £23k.

Well worth extending our wage cap and offering Kalas £25k, along with a likely 6m fee for Chelsea, worth every penny. Besides we could then offload Baker at least, and possibly Wright too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Apologies must have missed your earlier thread, can you send me the link?

Ta

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

I think our goals against record speaks volumes compared to last season, if Kalas is available then he would be a must if we want to have a good go next season - £8-10m a price worth paying. If we are as reported in a good place regards FFP then why not.

Baker is injury prone and picks up far too many cards when he does play 

Wright - Nowhere near as good as Kalas and in my opinion is a liability at CB

• Like 1

Would be great to sign him but...

He'll have countless European options, premier league and big payers as options.

Would welcome the signing, but I would be (delighted) amazed if it was with us.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Reputedly Baker is our highest wage earner at £20k and Kalas is paid £23k.

Well worth extending our wage cap and offering Kalas £25k, along with a likely 6m fee for Chelsea, worth every penny. Besides we could then offload Baker at least, and possibly Wright too.

Assuming he’s still under contract, wouldn’t Chelsea still have to top it up to the £23k anyway till the end of the contract? Provided he doesn’t put in a request.

Would be interested to know what people think if given a choice between him and say Gayle? 

I think our chances of Kalas, DaSilva and Palmer plummeted once we missed the chance of promotion. Had we gone up all 3 were possible. 

Kalas has spent a few seasons in the Championship and this was his only failure. He would probably want Premier League although his recent International appearance will not have helped that. So for me probably Celtic or Europe as he can do no more for his career in the Championship.

DaSilva will also feel he’s done enough to get a bigger club (we could be his fall-back option) and Palmer may want more regular football. I’m hoping all 3 stay but I’d be pleasantly surprised if we recruit any of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Would be interested to know what people think if given a choice between him and say Gayle? 

Gayle is a shit centre back.

My view, it would be a mistake.

😏

• Haha 5

Well we know Johnson wants him so this will be a good test of Mr Ashton’s negotiation skills & Mr Lansdown’s financial resolve...

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

If we sign Gayle, we score loads, but let loads in and struggle to hold on to leads. And finish 7th/8th. If we sign Kalas, we don't concede many, but struggle to score enough. And finish 7th/8th...

46 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

If we sign Gayle, we score loads, but let loads in and struggle to hold on to leads. And finish 7th/8th. If we sign Kalas, we don't concede many, but struggle to score enough. And finish 7th/8th...

This is the way I see it, I think Kalas represents better value for money and we can sign someone like Freddie Ladapo who despite being in a relegated side was the 6th top scorer in league 1.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

According to Greg MacGreg, he's heard from a London journo that Kalas wants out of Chelsea and will be looking for a permanent club... 👀

Hmmmmmm. Thoughts?

That will make Derby very happy then. Because if they want him then we have no chance.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Gayle is a shit centre back.

My view, it would be a mistake.

😏

Aha! What about this then....we sign Gayle and play him as a striker.

And people say I'm an idiot. I could do that manager job. You just don't have the vision for it Rob.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

Apologies must have missed your earlier thread, can you send me the link?

Ta

Never said I had.

Ta

3 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Alright flower. Keep your hair on. 

Perhaps next time you can post the link... 

Maybe I will, I'll be sure to add "BREAKING" to it even though it's not breaking news too.

• Aubergine 4

:handbags: 

BREAKING: TBW BEING A BIT OF A KNOB TO SOMEONE SHARING NEWS TO PEOPLE THAT AREN’T WATCHING MULTIPLE WEBSITES All DAY....   MORE ON THE HOUR...

Edited by RumRed

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

He’d be a terrific signing for us. We saw how impressive he and Webdini were last season and it’d be wonderful to see them paired up again next season.

But.......a CB of his ability would certainly attract other clubs interest so competition for his signature would be IN TENTS.

… Ohh come off it  @Robbored  City vs the Gas .. competition ?  they'd have no chance!  😂

45 minutes ago, RumRed said:

BREAKING: TBW BEING A BIT OF A KNOB TO SOMEONE SHARING NEWS TO PEOPLE THAT AREN’T WATCHING MULTIPLE WEBSITES All DAY....   MORE ON THE HOUR...

BREAKING

Still a knob

4 hours ago, RumRed said:

That's not breaking either, I posted about eight hours ago.

Christ, everyone took that a bit seriously 

Edited by TBW