IGNORED

Pool vs Barca

Unan

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Your right

If we can keep kalas and webster Barca would never have a 3 goal lead

You are of course correct, we’d have stifled them in the away leg and then unleashed Fammy at home.  They wouldn’t know what hit them!

Last week:

Liverpool: "We're pretty good at Anfield, we'll give you a 3-0 head-start for the second leg"

Barcelona: "We don't need it but as you're offering, go on then...."

Just incredible, how great to be a Liverpool supporter tonight. Boys done good.

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think it does given the quality of the opposition.

I dunno, that Milan side was full of top class players - this Barca side started with Vidal who I think is a long way from Barca standard, though he brings a slightly different style.

i still agree it’s as big as Istanbul in terms of how much they were written off. No one expected them to keep a clean sheet so to do that and win by 4 goals is incredible

2 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

An AC Milan team with Maldini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Staam, Gattuso, Shevchenko??? AC Milan were one of the best teams for a long time

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I dunno, that Milan side was full of top class players - this Barca side started with Vidal who I think is a long way from Barca standard, though he brings a slightly different style.

i still agree it’s as big as Istanbul in terms of how much they were written off. No one expected them to keep a clean sheet so to do that and win by 4 goals is incredible

Fair play gents, you’re right, I’d forgotten how good that AC Milan line up was.

Some huge performances out there tonight.  Fabinho on a yellow early on provided so much protection and little toes in here or there.  He won’t get the plaudits tonight, Gigi and Divock and Trent will.  Also Matip, was probably better than VVD tonight.  Keeper, important couple of saves too.  Brilliant.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Some huge performances out there tonight.  Fabinho on a yellow early on provided so much protection and little toes in here or there.  He won’t get the plaudits tonight, Gigi and Divock and Trent will.  Also Matip, was probably better than VVD tonight.  Keeper, important couple of saves too.  Brilliant.

Fabinho my MOTM. Incredible display by him. 10/10

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agreed, to keep his cool in that kind of pressure and atmosphere (and with the buck tooth racist nipping at him) is very impressive, and will get overlooked by some.

Henderson was brilliant, and when Winaljdum came on he was like a man possessed 

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Having lived in Liverpool their fans are great and not up themselves, I think it’s the plastics that taint peoples views.

Just got back from a stag weekend in Liverpool, first time there, apart from a couple of football matches. 

What a brilliant place Liverpool is..! I’ve lived 40 years with completely the wrong impression of the place! 

Absolutely brilliant, from history, so sightseeing, to night life, to the people! 

Definitely in my top 10 favourite places in the world, literally! 

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Klopp with the F bomb on live TV ?

“Four”...?!

Shows just how far we have to go.  The gap between top Championship sides and top Prem is wider than the Atlantic.

Still think a City like Bristol should be up there. Don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

On the evidence of advancing slowly but surely under SL's policy expect to be playing in Europe around 2120 - if we are lucky!

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Klopp with the F bomb on live TV ?

Do love a bit of Klopp, maybe as my ex was a yank so had the same ridiculously white teeth.

Seriously how do they do that?  Mine are the colour of pond water.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Nibor said:

That was a great watch.  I can't be a fan of any other side but I do like how Liverpool play under Klopp. 

Long before sky, before the term plastics was coined, I came to despise  Liverpool for the kids at school that followed them and not City, just because they were on MotD a lot and winning things.  I have never shaken off that and have taken pleasure at their long run without success, but, I must admit there is a very likeable quality about Klopp and his team.  I might even hope they win this now, in consolation for not winning the league- as I can’t see Man City throwing it away now.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Shows just how far we have to go.  The gap between top Championship sides and top Prem is wider than the Atlantic.

Still think a City like Bristol should be up there. Don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

On the evidence of advancing slowly but surely under SL's policy expect to be playing in Europe around 2120 - if we are lucky!

Are you seriously complaining because we are some way off competing with Liverpool & Barcelona...?!!! ???

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just got back from a stag weekend in Liverpool, first time there, apart from a couple of football matches. 

What a brilliant place Liverpool is..! I’ve lived 40 years with completely the wrong impression of the place! 

Absolutely brilliant, from history, so sightseeing, to night life, to the people! 

Definitely in my top 10 favourite places in the world, literally! 

“Four”...?!

Glad you enjoyed it, great times living there in the 90’s, people do have the wrong idea about it.  Propagated back in the days by Thatcher.

I hate it when people say they always claim to be the victims.  There was a reason behind it, they were for a while (as a City not the club)

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are you seriously complaining because we are some way off competing with Liverpool & Barcelona...?!!! ???

So what are our ambitions then if not to be competing with the best?  Same old Bristolian attitude of we'll settle for a comfortable life in Division 1

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Glad you enjoyed it, great times living there in the 90’s, people do have the wrong idea about it.  Propagated back in the days by Thatcher.

I hate it when people say they always claim to be the victims.  There was a reason behind it, they were for a while.

Did the Beatles tour, which took us through Toxteth, and of course, that is a shithole, but as City centres go, its right up there with the very best. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Did the Beatles tour, which took us through Toxteth, and of course, that is a shithole, but as City centres go, its right up there with the very best. 

I headlined at the Cavern in the 90’s, we were so excited we drank for 6 hours before going on stage.

We weren’t invited back!  Good times.

Archived