IGNORED

Pool vs Barca

Unan

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Shows just how far we have to go.  The gap between top Championship sides and top Prem is wider than the Atlantic.

Still think a City like Bristol should be up there. Don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

On the evidence of advancing slowly but surely under SL's policy expect to be playing in Europe around 2120 - if we are lucky!

Have a night off FFS

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

So what are our ambitions then if not to be competing with the best?  Same old Bristolian attitude of we'll settle for a comfortable life in Division 1

Perhaps promotion, then consolidation, then maybe a top half finish, perhaps an FA Cup run, possibly even a Europa league appearance. 

Probably all come before emulating 2 of the biggest clubs in world football..! 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Have a night off FFS

Such a helpful and insightful contribution.

I assume you are happy yo yoing between the 2nd and 3rd tier then

No ambition, that's the problem with City and the city

Goodnight, Irene

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Some huge performances out there tonight.  Fabinho on a yellow early on provided so much protection and little toes in here or there.  He won’t get the plaudits tonight, Gigi and Divock and Trent will.  Also Matip, was probably better than VVD tonight.  Keeper, important couple of saves too.  Brilliant.

Matip is the most improved player around. 

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Shows just how far we have to go.  The gap between top Championship sides and top Prem is wider than the Atlantic.

Still think a City like Bristol should be up there. Don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

On the evidence of advancing slowly but surely under SL's policy expect to be playing in Europe around 2120 - if we are lucky!

Finding a negative angle on a truly wonderful night of football takes some doing but I never doubted you for a second @Ivorguy.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Goodnight, Irene

You’ve really captured the mood

10 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

So what are our ambitions then if not to be competing with the best?  Same old Bristolian attitude of we'll settle for a comfortable life in Division 1

Lets get to the Prem before setting about toppling Man City.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Goodnight, Irene

First time I’ve heard 4 consecutive higher placed championship finishes being described as yo-yoing...

Lets aim for the play offs before we start thinking about playing Barcelona...

32 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Having lived in Liverpool their fans are great and not up themselves, I think it’s the plastics that taint peoples views.

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just got back from a stag weekend in Liverpool, first time there, apart from a couple of football matches. 

What a brilliant place Liverpool is..! I’ve lived 40 years with completely the wrong impression of the place! 

Absolutely brilliant, from history, so sightseeing, to night life, to the people! 

Definitely in my top 10 favourite places in the world, literally! 

“Four”...?!

Watched Liverpool at Anfield (Watford 5-0) this season and got to say it was a brilliant experience - the City and the match. The aura around the club and the atmosphere in the ground was pretty special - so much passion and love for the club. 

19 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Perhaps the best game I've ever seen. For Liverpool to boss Barcelona the way they did was on another level. Would love to see the first all one country Finals in both UCL and Europa League.

There has already been an all Spanish final. Real beat Athletico Madrid

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Watched Liverpool at Anfield (Watford 5-0) this season and got to say it was a brilliant experience - the City and the match. The aura around the club and the atmosphere in the ground was pretty special - so much passion and love for the club. 

Our trip was totally unrelated to Football. Didn’t even see Goodison or Anfield..!

I’d been to Anfield 3 times before (City, Liverpool V Newcastle 4-3 & an England match), but had never stayed there and looked around. 

Great place and can’t wait to go back! 

Makes a mockery of the "champions" league when neither spurs or Liverpool have won the Premier league since its inception. 

Would be awesome if we had an all English final in both tournaments. Arsenal and Chelsea look pretty set in the Europa. Just hoping spurs get something tomorrow. Having Son back is a big plus. He's well rested from the weekend too ??

4 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

Despite wanting to see Liverpool win the Premier League more than anything else. Tonight more than made up for last night's disappointment. Can't fault Leicester for their efforts last night though.

I think you are on the wrong forum mate...!

19 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Maybe thinking that football isn't the game for you if you can't sit back and soak up the result, the atmosphere, the emotion, the desire, the determination to overturn a 3-0 first leg defeat with one of, if not, the best and most remarkable 2nd leg performances. Time to take off your City hat and just revel in the game we all love. And give credit where it is undoubtedly due & deserved.

Unfortunately for you, i don't think you can. Without resorting to moaning and complaining. Which, on a night like tonight, is uncalled for and nothing short of pathetic.

52 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Name me a better (non-City) game of football that you’ve ever seen!

Hallen 5-6 Bristol Manor Farm in the FA Cup extra preliminary round about 10 years ago. The 2 grounds are less than 5 miles apart.

Got in free, Manor Farm take the lead, Hallen equalise rinse and repeat up to 5-5.

Hallen hit the crossbar, ball bounces around the penalty area and gets cleared off the line. Manor Farm go down the other end, hit the crossbar. Ball is half cleared after a goalmouth scramble and a first time shot rockets into the top corner.

37 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Goes to show the value of the whole ground vocally supporting the players and driving them forward. 

A one in hundred result but with a manager and players with belief and 50k plus backing you vocally that’s one hell of a result and showcased what a great game football is

19 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Makes a mockery of the "champions" league when neither spurs or Liverpool have won the Premier league since its inception. 

Would be awesome if we had an all English final in both tournaments. Arsenal and Chelsea look pretty set in the Europa. Just hoping spurs get something tomorrow. Having Son back is a big plus. He's well rested from the weekend too ??

Would set history but my personal hope is Ajax...would be unprecedented in the modern era. Would prove much like Leicester that the biggest prizes can be won by small to middling budgets, if only rarely. More than the financial side though, I just quite like Ajax for their philosophy etc.

As for tonight, full credit to Liverpool- up there with the best comebacks perhaps the best!

A real unsung hero in Origi...vital, late winners for them v Everton, Newcastle and a key component tonight. Dunno if Wijnaldum always gets the credit he merits...well he will now!

Obviously a massive win but add in to it the fact they're in a title race with arguably the best team in the world, have played 2 games a week nearly all season, was playing against a rested & fully refreshed Barca side, missed Salah, Firmino, Robertson & Kieta and it makes it sound much better. 10/10 for Fabinho who was on a yellow all game & didn't put a foot wrong.

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Wait a minute, we beat Liverpool....so I'm guessing that makes us better than Barcelona?

Not just them, but we played Barcelona a couple of years ago.

Remember, Jet and Bryan scored as we beat the (then) Barcelona of League 2

It was the Liverpools high tempo that really did for Barca. Liverpool stopped them playing the way that they’re famous for. They couldn’t find an outlet because of the Liverpool players constantly pressing them. They don’t face that kind of pressing in La Liga and they couldn’t live with it.

Fantastic game to watch - you could sense the atmosphere via the tv.......a wonderful game of football.

51 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I’m hoping for an Ajax win tomorrow personally. I’m not a fan of same nation finals for the pure reason described in your first paragraph, just not in th spirit of European cup history imo, the competition should represent the best sides from differing football cultures pitting their wits against one another. We’ve got the fa cup If we want to watch to English sides play each other.

What a game though, love to watch Liverpool purely for the way they play football, and that would go for any team in the past.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Maybe thinking that football isn't the game for you if you can't sit back and soak up the result, the atmosphere, the emotion, the desire, the determination to overturn a 3-0 first leg defeat with one of, if not, the best and most remarkable 2nd leg performances. Time to take off your City hat and just revel in the game we all love. And give credit where it is undoubtedly due & deserved.

Unfortunately for you, i don't think you can. Without resorting to moaning and complaining. Which, on a night like tonight, is uncalled for and nothing short of pathetic.

Can I respectfully remind you this is a City forum

Archived