IGNORED

Pool vs Barca

Unan

I hold no torch for Liverpool, but surely any Englishman should be proud of how an English club* managed to bludgeon its way to the finals. 

I was out in a Somerset pub tonight, just one plastic LFC fan there, but everyone cheered when the 4th goal went in.

* I realise how cosmopolitan the PL is, but still....

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Can I respectfully remind you this is a City forum

And i'll respectfully remind you that this is a non City based thread started by City fans on a City forum, about a game that on face value had nothing on it other than saving face and pride but turned out to be one of the best European nights EVER.

Lighten up fella. Jeez.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Unfortunately, my FB wall is now full of plastics from Bristol basking in the glory of a team they've never even watched.

It's a side effect I can live with though.

Just ask them what plans they have on getting to the final? That normally shuts them up .....

6 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

As you correctly point out this is a City forum so can I respectfully remind you we are the only club in the top 4 leagues in England to improve their league position on each of the last five seasons?. Might not be enough for you but at least we are heading in the right direction.

21 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just ask them what plans they have on getting to the final? That normally shuts them up .....

Surely they just churn out the usual “can’t get a ticket” line, like with every other game..!

8 hours ago, Nibor said:

That was a great watch.  I can't be a fan of any other side but I do like how Liverpool play under Klopp. 

Exactly. I think I like Klopp more than Liverpool so very happy for him.

Regarding tonight’s game I see Pochettino is saying if he wins the CL with Spurs he might leave, ‘ go home and do something different’....so where’s the incentive for this players?! Strange motivation talk that!

6 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

And can I respectfully remind you this section of the forum is for Football Chat.

The thread title should have alerted you that it wasn’t particularly City related. What did you expect people to do when such a great game of football was being played, ignore and go back to debating whether we will see Mo playing next season? 

7 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

I’m hoping for an Ajax win tomorrow personally. I’m not a fan of same nation finals for the pure reason described in your first paragraph, just not in th spirit of European cup history imo, the competition should represent the best sides from differing football cultures pitting their wits against one another. We’ve got the fa cup If we want to watch to English sides play each other.

What a game though, love to watch Liverpool purely for the way they play football, and that would go for any team in the past.

I can appreciate that. I think where my English club support comes from is my days at uni where I made so many friends on champions league nights where the English clubs went through that stage of always getting to the semi finals and finals between 2005 and 2010, which also included the 2008 final between Chelsea and man utd. Hopefully the English cycle will come round again now with Liverpool excellent in Europe and Man City whose owners I don't imagine will accept another quarter final any time soon. 

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Unfortunately, my FB wall is now full of plastics from Bristol basking in the glory of a team they've never even watched.

I saw a rarity in my local pub last night - a bloke in a Liverpool shirt who was actually a Scouser

• Admin
6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Ditto

My work today is full of football pundits too !

11 hours ago, Super said:

Matip is the most improved player around. 

Makes you think how much better a defender can be when partnered with such a good player as VVD (and supported by a top quality keeper)

I dont think its any coincidence Fontaine's form dipped when he had lesser quality around him (wilson/foster/nyatanga ffs) 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think you are on the wrong forum mate...!

Seen to recall this poster now lives in Bristol and follows City but obviously still holds his Liverpool roots at heart 

5 hours ago, FOTC! said:

Cannot believe Liverpool’s 4 th goal from Barca’s pov. 

If that happened on the downs league managers would be dishing out some stern words, forget a CL semi final!

Would not have happened without a Ball Boy holding a spare ball...

i know LJ has gone on about Ball Boys before, shows a difference they can make, but ours do not hold spare balls right?

1 minute ago, chowie said:

Would not have happened without a Ball Boy holding a spare ball...

i know LJ has gone in about Ball Boys before, shows a difference they can make, but ours do not hold spare balls right?

Multi ball isn't allowed in the EFL.

Multiple Balls. No Club shall be entitled to utilise a ‘multiple ball’ system in any League Match.

7 hours ago, RedM said:

And can I respectfully remind you this section of the forum is for Football Chat.

The thread title should have alerted you that it wasn’t particularly City related. What did you expect people to do when such a great game of football was being played, ignore and go back to debating whether we will see Mo playing next season? 

Doubt Salah would be willing to join us, but don't suppose it would hurt to ask!

I’ve just seen on the BBC website that Liverpool have only been allocated just over 16,600 tickets for the final. Same allocation for either Tottenham or Ajax. Hope they’re all bracing themselves for the scrum to get hold of one. 

On 09/05/2019 at 03:19, Offside said:

I’ve just seen on the BBC website that Liverpool have only been allocated just over 16,600 tickets for the final. Same allocation for either Tottenham or Ajax. Hope they’re all bracing themselves for the scrum to get hold of one. 

34k for the fans, 40k odd for the corporates. Utterly disgusting.

On 08/05/2019 at 03:34, Wanderingred said:

They may have watched LFC - I read recently that around 7,000 people from Bristol travel to watch Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Leeds each weekend ....and the big “Bristol & Bath Blues” flag visible at every Chelsea home game winds me up ...

Archived