IGNORED

Pool vs Barca

Unan

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They may have watched LFC - I read recently that around 7,000 people from Bristol travel to watch Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Leeds each weekend ....and the big “Bristol & Bath Blues” flag visible at every Chelsea home game winds me up ...

So pretty much the average s*g home attendance then?

That is funny but also very sad too. Say what you like about the blue few but if only 20% - 30% of those doing that went down the mem instead it would make a huge difference and I`m sure it is the same for many other lower league clubs around the country.

17 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

34k for the fans, 40k odd for the corporates. Utterly disgusting.

I could have made this point on this or the Arsenal/Chelsea thread as the same issue has been raised in both places, but permit me to be deliberately controversial here. As a travelling football fan I will side with the put upon supporter in almost every issue, but not on this point, where we really need to stop feeling sorry for clubs that themselves operate with breathtaking hypocrisy.

"Corporates" are the product of the massive advertising and television budgets which follows and sustains precisely these same clubs, from which they have bled football dry at the expense of clubs like ours, and through which they have for so long attracted so many "fans" at the expense of local clubs in our towns and cities. This culture sustains their leeching of money and support.

So, if real supporters do not get to attend their own final that is tragic but I see absolutely no reason to be disgusted by it, quite the opposite. These clubs are successful because they're rich and they're rich because they maximise their support and income across the country via television and advertising. That drives corporate tickets but they said **** all when they got all the benefits.

On a side note - I was in the bowls club working behind the bar last and much to my surprise three ladies whilst buying a drink asked me if I’d seen ‘the football’ during the week! These were ladies who would not normally have any interest in the beautiful game and later as I wandered around the club collecting glasses  there were several conversations going on about Liverpool and Spurs. The bowls club is not a place you here football related conversations that often.

It really is amazing just what a huge impact those two matches had on the public.

What make me laugh is how surprised so called fans are that flight companies have jacked the price up for the up and coming game. This has been going on for years especially where england are concerned ,the minute we qualify or fixture is announced prices go through the roof. 

Also I admire some people’s optimism on getting a ticket because they 

watch eastenders

go a family member who lives in London ,liverpool

Own the latest shirt

pricks the lot of them 

the feel good factor from those two games was utterly fantastic. It's weird because I used to be able to say "they're British teams" but they aren't any more (and haven't been for some time). What was important was that both matches were cliffhangers........and the "British" teams won. Like many, I encountered a good few people who wouldnt pass any comment on any game for 364 days a year...but somehow the events on the Tuesday and Wednesday nights were different. It was epic stuff, and I daresay that most of us loaned their support to Liverpool and Tottenham earlier this week. 

Will never understand the whole supporting/being a fan of a club hundreds of miles away, just why?? Not so much to  those that travel to watch them every week, it’s just odd. The ones you speak to who sit at home or go to the pub and watch their team and call themselves die hards and talk to you as if they know everything about the game when infact they haven’t got a clue. They haven’t got a clue how their local clubs are faring every season, so you ask them why do they not support City or R*vers, and the reply you always get is ‘their crap’ or ‘Bristol football is shit’ :facepalm: 

Maybe if these ****ts and there are thousands of them in Bristol spend their money on a season ticket at either club rather than a Sky Subscription or pissing it up the wall then maybe both clubs would be at that next level.

47 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Will never understand the whole supporting/being a fan of a club hundreds of miles away, just why?? Not so much to  those that travel to watch them every week, it’s just odd. The ones you speak to who sit at home or go to the pub and watch their team and call themselves die hards and talk to you as if they know everything about the game when infact they haven’t got a clue. They haven’t got a clue how their local clubs are faring every season, so you ask them why do they not support City or R*vers, and the reply you always get is ‘their crap’ or ‘Bristol football is shit’ :facepalm: 

Maybe if these ****ts and there are thousands of them in Bristol spend their money on a season ticket at either club rather than a Sky Subscription or pissing it up the wall then maybe both clubs would be at that next level.

wellll...Geographically I'm nearer to Southampton these days, but my "go to" team is still in BS3. My journey takes me past Swindon and The Gas, and I strongly suspect, Oxford, Forest Green, Cheltenham and Reading would be closer

5 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

wellll...Geographically I'm nearer to Southampton these days, but my "go to" team is still in BS3. My journey takes me past Swindon and The Gas, and I strongly suspect, Oxford, Forest Green, Cheltenham and Reading would be closer

Sorry my bad, what I meant was supporters of the glory hunting nature who are fans of the Premier League’s biggest clubs.

On 11/05/2019 at 09:24, Olé said:

I could have made this point on this or the Arsenal/Chelsea thread as the same issue has been raised in both places, but permit me to be deliberately controversial here. As a travelling football fan I will side with the put upon supporter in almost every issue, but not on this point, where we really need to stop feeling sorry for clubs that themselves operate with breathtaking hypocrisy.

"Corporates" are the product of the massive advertising and television budgets which follows and sustains precisely these same clubs, from which they have bled football dry at the expense of clubs like ours, and through which they have for so long attracted so many "fans" at the expense of local clubs in our towns and cities. This culture sustains their leeching of money and support.

So, if real supporters do not get to attend their own final that is tragic but I see absolutely no reason to be disgusted by it, quite the opposite. These clubs are successful because they're rich and they're rich because they maximise their support and income across the country via television and advertising. That drives corporate tickets but they said **** all when they got all the benefits.

Totally agree with everything you say, and that's what fuels my disgust I guess.

On 11/05/2019 at 09:12, Robbored said:

On a side note - I was in the bowls club working behind the bar last and much to my surprise three ladies whilst buying a drink asked me if I’d seen ‘the football’ during the week! These were ladies who would not normally have any interest in the beautiful game and later as I wandered around the club collecting glasses  there were several conversations going on about Liverpool and Spurs. The bowls club is not a place you here football related conversations that often.

It really is amazing just what a huge impact those two matches had on the public.

I don't know RR, they look like they'd know a bit about football.

1828294321_girlsinbar.jpg.2e1ecab05a5e870e1d41724a8bc5c699.jpg

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They probably did about fifty years ago.

Two or three would have for sure. 

Attractive looking women are still attractive in their 60s and 70s. 

Take Joanna Lumley at 73  - still very lovely.

Archived