IGNORED

FIFA Women's World Cup : France 2019

phantom

19 minutes ago, Midred said:

Our defence are going to have to sort themselves out against USA. USA remind me of super Leeds - they win but with lots of niggley fouls, obstructions etc.

They will punish us if Bright keeps straying out of position like she has done. 

1 minute ago, RedSA said:

They will punish us if we keep Bright keeps straying out of position like she has done. 

England need to just kick the s**t out of USA and physically dominate them 

Pace out wide and make them back track and give away pens/free kicks 

Are you listening Phil???

27 minutes ago, INCRED said:

England need to just kick the s**t out of USA and physically dominate them 

Pace out wide and make them back track and give away pens/free kicks 

Are you listening Phil???

Easier said than done. USA are pretty physical themselves 

Think the USA are the best balanced side in the tournament - skill, stamina and tactically astute in all departments. They have a few weaknesses of course and it will be Neville's task to work them out. He'll surely regard this as the most difficult game we'll face. Now that the Germans have slid out against the Swedes, the front half of the draw looks pretty easy compared to ours. Win on Tuesday and we'll lift the trophy on Sunday.

Just now, Erithacus said:

Think the USA are the best balanced side in the tournament - skill, stamina and tactically astute in all departments. They have a few weaknesses of course and it will be Neville's task to work them out. He'll surely regard this as the most difficult game we'll face. Now that the Germans have slid out against the Swedes, the front half of the draw looks pretty easy compared to ours. Win on Tuesday and we'll lift the trophy on Sunday.

Touch concerned about Tuesday given the yanks were supposed to be dodgy defensively and brilliant in attack, but yesterday was a brilliant defensive performance

I'm not sure this is the best way of promoting Womens Football - g-string arse shots of England player with her girlfriend.

I don't care that they are gay.

I don't care that they are on the beach.

I do mind that they choose to show their arses to promote the game which is all about 'equality'.

Why not a couple of nice dresses and holding hands with the sea in the background.

Nope - lets go for the arse shot - I'm sure blokes will take us MUCH more seriously now.......

874da76d6f66ef6abed2f670cd976d8a.jpg.d92a7336ba6e9d3192ddfb8a2b4d1919.jpg

On 01/07/2019 at 11:36, phantom said:

Anyone else getting fed up with the Americans and their antics already?

I really hope we beat them!!

The woman who hilariously pretended to drink a cup of tea after beating England, have the strength of your own convictions and just say it, don't blame Renaldo for grabbing his crotch or something equally stupid... 

I seem to remember him getting plenty of stick for his winker celebration after getting Rooney sent off.. 

If they beat the Dutch she could pretend to smoke a joint or something

Brilliant... 

gave the World Cup every chance - watched a fair bit of it - never really enjoyed it apart from the VAR farce. I simply thought the standard was poor compared to what I am used to watching with football - yes not the same but equally yes not as good a product. I know many will lam-bast that view but that is how it felt to me. I enjoy football to watch the football I don't care if it is Mens/Womens/Youth but I also think  recognise the standard and it simply was not there despite the hype.

5 hours ago, SX227 said:

I'm not sure this is the best way of promoting Womens Football - g-string arse shots of England player with her girlfriend.

I don't care that they are gay.

I don't care that they are on the beach.

I do mind that they choose to show their arses to promote the game which is all about 'equality'.

Why not a couple of nice dresses and holding hands with the sea in the background.

Nope - lets go for the arse shot - I'm sure blokes will take us MUCH more seriously now.......

874da76d6f66ef6abed2f670cd976d8a.jpg.d92a7336ba6e9d3192ddfb8a2b4d1919.jpg

Not sure the last time you went G-string shopping but this ain't g strings. Sour post from a dinosaur I reckon.

46 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

The woman who hilariously pretended to drink a cup of tea after beating England, have the strength of your own convictions and just say it, don't blame Renaldo for grabbing his crotch or something equally stupid... 

I seem to remember him getting plenty of stick for his winker celebration after getting Rooney sent off.. 

If they beat the Dutch she could pretend to smoke a joint or something

Brilliant... 

Funny, i never grow tired of seeing that clip. Who cares if it was funny or not... she's gorgeous.

29 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Really can't warm to this USA team. All the diving, moaning etc... 

So, really hoping Holland can pull of an upset here ???

I'm warming to Meghan Rapinoe with her views on the White House and it's present incumbent! And she can't half whip a ball in.

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Are you not allowed to have opinions, just because you're a sportsman or woman?

Of course you are Dave . But to use you’re position to promote and agenda is a load of bollocks . People want to here about football not some lesbians personal views . There is a time and place. Surely you can see that 

3 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Are you not allowed to have opinions, just because you're a sportsman or woman?

Of course you are, it just depends on what platform you are on at the time.

She's at a World Cup. For an international football captain, she's a gobshite.

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Of course you are Dave . But to use you’re position to promote and agenda is a load of bollocks . People want to here about football not some lesbians personal views . There is a time and place. Surely you can see that 

What I see is a politician trying to gain political advantage by being associated with a successful team, inviting them to meet him at the White House. And a player saying that she has no wish to validate his misogynist, anti-gay, racist, white supremacist agenda by going and doing his bidding. Fair play to her. 

Just now, italian dave said:

What I see is a politician trying to gain political advantage by being associated with a successful team, inviting them to meet him at the White House. And a player saying that she has no wish to validate his misogynist, anti-gay, racist, white supremacist agenda by going and doing his bidding. Fair play to her. 

Ok Dave we are obviously miles apart . I won’t respond again . Appreciate your opinion 

Twice play was stopped due to players banging heads together resulting in treatment needed.

OK, fair enough, but both times the Ref restarted the game with an undisputed dropped ball kicked by the defending team. The first time the ball had gone for a throw in when the game was stopped. How do you explain that decision Ref?

America's 2nd  goal - I'd really enjoy  seeing City's strikers emulating that shot.

Archived