IGNORED

Chelski

Roger Red Hat

There have been concerns/questions over their transfer activity for a while- quite likely deserved.

Shouldn't affect us, but might they have a hope to hold onto Da Silva? I see that Ola Aina who was loaned to Torino with an option to buy for Torino- Chelsea aren't so keen on him going now.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There have been concerns/questions over their transfer activity for a while- quite likely deserved.

Shouldn't affect us, but might they have a hope to hold onto Da Silva? I see that Ola Aina who was loaned to Torino with an option to buy for Torino- Chelsea aren't so keen on him going now.

Is it just Chelsea or other big euro clubs Mr P?

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Is it just Chelsea or other big euro clubs Mr P?

True- would have to look into that a bit. I remember years ago there were concerns they were overly aggressive in the market, I believe both the big 2 in Spain got transfer bans not so long ago and maybe Atletico too- thinking about it, chances are many are or have been at it!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

True- would have to look into that a bit. I remember years ago there were concerns they were overly aggressive in the market, I believe both the big 2 in Spain got transfer bans not so long ago and maybe Atletico too- thinking about it, chances are many are or have been at it!

Yep I cant inagine PSG will be squeaky clean for example.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's okay.

Super-Fan Wally has already said that he won't stand in their way if they would like any of his development squad players.

They're saved.

The words 'Wally' and 'stand' should not be used in the same sentence. I believe the term you're looking for is 'tent'. 

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Yep I cant inagine PSG will be squeaky clean for example.

PSG big candidates for that I feel.

In fact- them and Man City albeit not making any allegations about transfers- should've been banned from CL for that Football Leaks stuff...IMO anyway.

Yeah though, can't see a huge number of clubs being all squeaky clean. Naturally Chelsea are taking this to CAS.

FIFA are looking to regulate how many players a team can loan out to 6 in the next year. This was proposed last year.

Chelsea have 41 out on loan, plus all their youth and development teams still at the Club.

Even with a transfer ban they will have to offload a fair amount, as they will be just sat around not playing. 

They have enough players to have four squads...mental.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's okay.

Super-Fan Wally has already said that he won't stand in their way if they would like any of his development squad players.

They're saved.

4 hours ago, Coppello said:

The words 'Wally' and 'stand' should not be used in the same sentence. I believe the term you're looking for is 'tent'. 

It's okay. 

Super-Fan Wally has already said he won't tent in their way if they would like any of his development squad players.

They're saved.

Would give a whole new meaning if he did "tent in their way"

5 hours ago, pillred said:

Think he already has what with cancelling the new stadium.

Yeah also declared himself an Israeli after the we delayed renewing his visa. Basically given up on this country. 

7 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Chelsea are taking it to CAS, who are almost certain to at least delay the ban while its dragged through all types of hearings. Chelsea will be able to trade this summer I’d imagine.

Is this a different appeal to the one they've just lost?

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Is this a different appeal to the one they've just lost?

Yes, the appealed the ban to fifa, much like a club appeal a red card to the governing body who issued it. They’re now taking this to the international Court of arbitration for sport. 

Just a thought..

Could they be appealing with no expectation of winning , but just to push it past the start of the transfer window next week, so they could at least trade this summer (eg. replace Hazard) and plan for the 2 windows in Jan and August 2020 accordingly?

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

Chelsea are taking it to CAS, who are almost certain to at least delay the ban while its dragged through all types of hearings. Chelsea will be able to trade this summer I’d imagine.

Depends how quickly it is resolved- but yes dragging out seems the most likely outcome here.

Example- When AC Milan were getting a European ban for FFP last summer, that case reached a conclusion in a couple of days when they declared 'You ban us, but you don't ban Inter Milan, Man City and PSG- how is this correct or consistent'. CAS ordered UEFA to produce the accounts of these 3 sides...lo and behold the ban was not upheld, UEFA had to go away and rethink, but fairly sure that case resolved very sharpish- UEFA backed down for that particular ban! A conclusion was reached in no more than 2 days but depends how easy the case is yes!

https://www.football-italia.net/124755/inter-balance-sheets-cas

30 minutes ago, bristolmoose said:

Just a thought..

Could they be appealing with no expectation of winning , but just to push it past the start of the transfer window next week, so they could at least trade this summer (eg. replace Hazard) and plan for the 2 windows in Jan and August 2020 accordingly?

Yep, seems like that may be the case. 

18 hours ago, spudski said:

FIFA are looking to regulate how many players a team can loan out to 6 in the next year. This was proposed last year.

Chelsea have 41 out on loan, plus all their youth and development teams still at the Club.

Even with a transfer ban they will have to offload a fair amount, as they will be just sat around not playing. 

They have enough players to have four squads...mental.

How’s that going to work then. I don’t know much about PL club’s  and their rules but I thought they had a max squad of 25 with at least 8 home grown players and they send the surplus out on loan?

Also I think PL clubs can’t loan in like we do? Isn’t it something like only two can be loaned in from any other PL clubs at any given time, and a max of four per season. Something like that, I’m sure you will know? 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

How’s that going to work then. I don’t know much about PL club’s  and their rules but I thought they had a max squad of 25 with at least 8 home grown players and they send the surplus out on loan?

Also I think PL clubs can’t loan in like we do? Isn’t it something like only two can be loaned in from any other PL clubs at any given time, and a max of four per season. Something like that, I’m sure you will know? 

It's to stop the big clubs stock piling players. By all means buy players, but develop them yourself. Not loan out 40 odd with no intention of ever playing them. Basically looking to make money on them.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

It's to stop the big clubs stock piling players. By all means buy players, but develop them yourself. Not loan out 40 odd with no intention of ever playing them. Basically looking to make money on them.

Will there be an age limit? Read somewhere it's applicable to players over 21, or is it the same across the age range?

Archived