IGNORED

Chelski

Roger Red Hat

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I haven't seen any age mentioned mate, so don't know I'm afraid.

Fair, thanks. Still sounds like it's being fine tuned then.

With our model, though we don't really do it for profit in the same way- we have had a few loaned out, so I wonder if we'll need to tweak it.

As for Chelsea, they now have a choice IMO. Either build around their youth for now and the future, OR sell many in one summer knowing they'll get a one off big financial boost but that the model has run its course, financially speaking.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair, thanks. Still sounds like it's being fine tuned then.

With our model, though we don't really do it for profit in the same way- we have had a few loaned out, so I wonder if we'll need to tweak it.

As for Chelsea, they now have a choice IMO. Either build around their youth for now and the future, OR sell many in one summer knowing they'll get a one off big financial boost but that the model has run its course, financially speaking.

I think it only covered the Premier League. So wouldn't effect us.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

It's to stop the big clubs stock piling players. By all means buy players, but develop them yourself. Not loan out 40 odd with no intention of ever playing them. Basically looking to make money on them.

Yes I can understand the reasoning, just wondered how the PL can get a balance. Right now as we know clubs just talent grab and then loan out surplus, it’s a win win. So if they can’t employ, as that’s what it is, as many players will there then be more playing at a lower level until there is a vacancy as such for them to be able to move to the PL? As it filters down the leagues will there be more players that don’t make it or out of work as less are being taken on? 

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yes I can understand the reasoning, just wondered how the PL can get a balance. Right now as we know clubs just talent grab and then loan out surplus, it’s a win win. So if they can’t employ, as that’s what it is, as many players will there then be more playing at a lower level until there is a vacancy as such for them to be able to move to the PL? As it filters down the leagues will there be more players that don’t make it or out of work as less are being taken on? 

They will spread around the world leagues RM.

37 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Anything to stop bigger clubs stockpiling players is welcome, it is distorting and favouring those clubs who already have incredible financial wealth. Limiting players going out on loan will help, as would a limitation of players a club can hold registration for. Take our 3 loan players from Chelsea, none of them will get near the bench for Chelsea, yet reports of the fees they will command is astounding for players the club do not need or want. It is a business . Those players should all be in the championship playing regularly, and if they break through then it should be Chelsea paying us, not the other way around. It will go a long way to redressing the imbalance. If we can then get rid of parachute payments we would make further progress, as clubs would have no option but  to have contracts that reduce wages on relegation. Instead they gamble on a quick return, distorting the Championship wages/competition and if they fail go into meltdown. Football has a lot of money, but it needs far more structure and less protection and favours to those who already have finances grossly inflated . Competition is what creates the magic in football, the misuse of wealth is going to diminish that in decades to come. All of this can be achieved without talking about distribution of money, it is distribution of players that is currently obscene. 

Already has been diminishing competition for a while. The much trumpeted competitiveness of even the PL is only one part of that equation..

Post the Leicester miracle, the big clubs doubled down both with transfers and management.

The big gap between the top 6- the elite 6- has kicked back in, only bigger .

However recent weeks have seen some improvement because of Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Man Utd all have dropped points unexpectedly in race for 3rd and 4th...blip or trend? We'll see I guess.

Fairly sure ppg of 'big 6' v the rest pretty high though despite mini implosions of 3rd-6th.

Stockpiling of players an undoubted part of this. Bad for the players, Bad for the pathway, bad for the lower club- be that here or aboard.

Just another thing that's bad for competitive balance basically.

13 hours ago, RedM said:

It might make other national leagues stronger if even the players themselves involved are poorer.

If the likes of Chelsea can't hoover up foreign talent then maybe English ones will be given a chance which isn't a bad thing.

• Admin
On 08/05/2019 at 18:49, spudski said:

FIFA are looking to regulate how many players a team can loan out to 6 in the next year. This was proposed last year.

Chelsea have 41 out on loan, plus all their youth and development teams still at the Club.

Even with a transfer ban they will have to offload a fair amount, as they will be just sat around not playing. 

They have enough players to have four squads...mental.

Out of interest does anyone know how many we had out on loan last season?

Thought I read it was in the high20's?

On 08/05/2019 at 18:49, spudski said:

FIFA are looking to regulate how many players a team can loan out to 6 in the next year. This was proposed last year.

Chelsea have 41 out on loan, plus all their youth and development teams still at the Club.

Even with a transfer ban they will have to offload a fair amount, as they will be just sat around not playing. 

They have enough players to have four squads...mental.

That's more than Rovers' entire fanbase.

4 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Can't see him get up in the morning, slaving for bread, sir !

Spent money he made in another country paying people and for people in this country. 

I would love to know how much he spent on developments in this country and how much tax he and his employees have paid in this country using the money he made from the rest of the world. 

On 11/05/2019 at 12:59, Pezo said:

Spent money he made in another country paying people and for people in this country. 

I would love to know how much he spent on developments in this country and how much tax he and his employees have paid in this country using the money he made from the rest of the world. 

The source of that wealth, the route to that wealth as with many Russian oligarchs is surely an interesting one. £1bn on Chelsea alone I believe.

Unsure about his other UK investments...some of the PL owners? Best described as 'very interesting'.

Some of the owners we just wave through...

Well it's helped the PL become the competition it is, but it's also part of the reason why the FA and more generally England, why we can get short shrift in international football circles.  At minimum, it'll play a part!

It's why FA complaints about FIFA corruption can be not taken as seriously as they might be let's say. Things have improved, granted.

As for Abramovich, an interesting read maybe Abramovich: The billionaire from nowhere.

Archived