IGNORED

Taxi with an Ex..

RedRoss

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Here we go again. I thought JW was both honest and a bit naive when he said that he’d run out of ideas and wanted help .

The help he wanted was, I believe Mick Harford, but the help he got was Benny. They were never on the same wavelength and it was damaging to the club when JW left and BL found himself doing a job for which he wasn’t hired . 

I liked JW and BL but the directors cocked up . 

The only bad thing I have to say about JW was that he nearly ran me over , in the club car park , in his Mondeo . How times change ? 

I bet LJ don’t drive a Mondeo . These days I’d be nearly run over by a much more prestigious motor .

:yes:

like a Peugeot 106 or something?? anything bigger and hed need a child seat booster to see over the bonnet

20 hours ago, poland_exile said:

the words of a bitter player passing the blame for his own failings onto someone else?

I'd wholly agree with your premise save from my recall he never played for us and didn't come close to warming the bench. I don't count City youth or reserves given the hundreds of sub-park players who could claim that honour over the years. 

That said, during the period in question we were fielding the likes of legends such as Flatts, Starbuck and McKop such perhaps it wasn't so easy for a man of his talents to break through.....

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Here we go again. I thought JW was both honest and a bit naive when he said that he’d run out of ideas and wanted help .

The help he wanted was, I believe Mick Harford,

For the record it was actually the late Ray Harford. 

Archived