IGNORED

Ajax vs Spurs

Unan

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Peaked at the World Cup and has looked knackered ever since. Rumour is he is off to Italy. Napoli I think was suggested.

Arnold will be first choice for England very soon I’d imagine.. 

1 minute ago, Unan said:

Not even a Spurs fan but their awful football is highly frustrating

I have seen them play a lot worse recently. They still look a threat but defensively all over the place

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's Total football again...so much movement...every player comfortable on the ball in every position. 

Crowd standing, very vocal, having a beer...how football should be ?

Ajax used to make their kids play in multiple positions when they were learning the game. I assume they still do.

In this country it's historically been more a case of being labelled a right back or whatever when you are still a kid.

Its a pleasure watching this ajax team, half of them look like they play in my sons under 10s team, but my god they can play.

as an aside, you would think that man united with their need for a wholesale rebuild, and presumably some cash to spend, will be looking at de ligt, and a few others... that ability and spirit is exactly what they are missing

2 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Its a pleasure watching this ajax team, half of them look like they play in my sons under 10s team, but my god they can play.

as an aside, you would think that man united with their need for a wholesale rebuild, and presumably some cash to spend, will be looking at de ligt, and a few others... that ability and spirit is exactly what they are missing

They're also missing a place in the Champions League. The Ajax players will have better options.

1 minute ago, simon uk said:

I couldn't see him going there, he can stay where he is and get regular champions league football with an outside chance of winning it (or going to a better club and winning it) or go to Man U and have no chance of winning the champions league in his career. 

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Ajax used to make their kids play in multiple positions when they were learning the game. I assume they still do.

In this country it's historically been more a case of being labelled a right back or whatever when you are still a kid.

If you ever get a chance, do the Ajax experience and see how they are set up as a club. The only time they do poorly is when they go away from Johan's philosophy. A few managers have tried to leave their own mark and it hasn't worked.

33 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Fantastic side Ajax . Very underrated 

Underrated by whom I wonder.

A side that wins 4-1 in the Bernebau after needing a minimum of 2 goals to have a chance then wins in Turin conceding first- yes I know Man Utd did the same- but Ajax was in dominant fashion and this was knockout as opposed to group stage, plus their win at Tottenham, unbeaten group stage- wonder who underrates them!

Very enjoyable game.

Electric atmosphere, pretty open- 2nd goal very well taken. Quite open in general- don't think we've seen the end of the scoring yet nor are Tottenham necessarily out of it because of this- Ajax will always give you chances, especially due to their age profile.

The *minor* difficulty for Tottenham aside from being 3 down (on aggregate) away from home, the crowd buoyant is that as well as the attacking ability of Ajax and the technical ability, they are pretty sharp on the break! Showed it in Madrid in spades but through quick passing breaks, not hoof and they showed it in Turin. Seemingly can score or succeed both ways.

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I couldn't see him going there, he can stay where he is and get regular champions league football with an outside chance of winning it (or going to a better club and winning it) or go to Man U and have no chance of winning the champions league in his career. 

Define 'better club'? Not many sides have the European history of Ajax, the total football past or the lineage from Ajax, Netherlands to Barcelona, Spain- with Cruyff a decisive factor.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Very enjoyable game.

Electric atmosphere, pretty open- 2nd goal very well taken. Quite open in general- don't think we've seen the end of the scoring yet nor are Tottenham necessarily out of it because of this- Ajax will always give you chances, especially due to their age profile.

The *minor* difficulty for Tottenham aside from being 3 down (on aggregate) away from home, the crowd buoyant is that as well as the attacking ability of Ajax and the technical ability, they are pretty sharp on the break! Showed it in Madrid in spades but through quick passing breaks, not hoof and they showed it in Turin. Seemingly can score or succeed both ways.

Define 'better club'? Not many sides have the European history of Ajax, the total football past or the lineage from Ajax, Netherlands to Barcelona, Spain- with Cruyff a decisive factor.

It's not necessarily about history it's more to do with who can give him titles and cups in respected leagues so in order Barcelona, Man C, Real Madrid, B Munich, Juventus maybe Liverpool.

Archived