IGNORED

Ajax vs Spurs

Unan

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

English game, era.

Our foreigners better then their foreigners? :whistle2:

Plenty of decent contributions from the English players tonight and last night - Dele Alli with the assist for the winner tonight, Danny Rose excellent throughout the game, and last night Henderson, Milner and Alexander-Arnold all played very well. 

6 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Plenty of decent contributions from the English players tonight and last night - Dele Alli with the assist for the winner tonight, Danny Rose excellent throughout the game, and last night Henderson, Milner and Alexander-Arnold all played very well. 

Was taking the piss granted, but yeah there was a fair old contribution by English players agreed.

I suppose my problem is I just dislike the biggest budgets invariably winning. 

Full credit to both Liverpool and Tottenham though. They overcame fairly hefty odds

7 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Guess the question now is who do people want to win! 

Spurs for me 

It would be a travesty if this Liverpool team finished this season winning nothing.

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Having a laugh granted, but yeah there was a fair old contribution by English players agreed.

I suppose my problem is I just dislike the biggest budgets invariably winning.

Well...Tottenham have barely spent anything in the last year or two (relative to a lot of other teams in the Champions League)!

12 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Well...Tottenham have barely spent anything in the last year or two!

Ajax turnover 80 odd million euros I think.

Tottenham 4-5 times that.

Then you look at wage bill- I believe Tottenham's 3 times the size but don't have figures to hand.

Ajax sold Kluivert to Roma plus a defender to Sevilla last 2 seasons.

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen all started tonight- all Ajax to Tottenham. Davison Sanchez too though he's a squad player.

Indeed according to a graph I saw Ajax had lowest turnover in last 16.

Here endeth the financial comparison.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

It’s quite possible that of the current top six in the Premier League, two will be in the CL final and two will be 8n the Europa Cup final.

The other two will be in Manchester.

One of those will be Premier League champions, the other won't.

Now that  I do find hilarious! :)

35 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unbelievable game. Great advert for European football.

Great advert for ENGLISH football.

Fast, attacking, direct football.

Back to the 70’s ENGLISH brand with a bit more skill and control. 

Loving it. 

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Great advert for ENGLISH football.

Fast, attacking, direct football.

Back to the 70’s ENGLISH brand with a bit more skill and control. 

Loving it. 

You know us Remoaners. I count England as European. :thumbsup: :laughcont:

50 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Much more dramatic that the weird Scouse lust in yesterday

Very bizarre comment. Clearly you don't like Liverpool. Not many do, but my god, as a football fan, regardless of the team, what Liverpool AND spurs have done is nothing short of f*cking incredible (as klopp would say). 

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Another great game to watch, fantastic result and nice to see an English side winning the champion's league whichever one it is.

It's an undoubtedly great League.

Two all English finals ie across the same season both competitions. I think that's unprecedented.

As for the division- even midtable teams can play some top football. A lot of the owners- well I won't post what I'd like to. :yes:

PS. I'm not biased- don't like PSG or their owners, don't like Real Madrid or Perez, dislike Bayern Munich as they're arrogant, Juventus because of Calciopoli. I think a hedge fund run AC Milan, Chinese run Inter Milan- not much love for that.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ajax turnover 80 odd million euros I think.

Tottenham 4-5 times that.

Then you look at wage bill- I believe Tottenham's 3 times the size but don't have figures to hand.

Ajax sold Kluivert to Roma plus a defender to Sevilla last 2 seasons.

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen all started tonight- all Ajax to Tottenham. Davison Sanchez too though he's a squad player.

Indeed according to a graph I saw Ajax had lowest turnover in last 16.

Here endeth the financial comparison.

Fair enough and I’m totally not disputing that Tottenham have a significant bigger budget than Ajax - but at the same time Tottenham have a smaller budget than Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Man City and Paris St Germain (and are broadly on a par with Juventus), but have gone further than all of those teams - therefore saying the teams with the biggest budgets always win isn’t strictly true this season. 

Spurs are hardly paupers but reaching the final is a great achievement for them.

And quite a few of their players - Kane, Rose, Alli, Trippier among others - hardly broke the bank. 

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I like the song the Spurs fans were singing.

Oh what a night
Watching Tottenham on a Wednesday night
You play Thursdays
Cos you're ******* shite
What a feeling, what a night!

Although it always feels a bit like a European Charity Shield match, Spurs v Arsenal in a Super Cup final would be kinda fun.

2 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Fair enough and I’m totally not disputing that Tottenham have a significant bigger budget than Ajax - but at the same time Tottenham have a smaller budget than Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Man City and Paris St Germain (and are broadly on a par with Juventus), but have gone further than all of those teams - therefore saying the teams with the biggest budgets always win isn’t strictly true this season. 

Spurs are hardly paupers but reaching the final is a great achievement for them.

And quite a few of their players - Kane, Rose, Alli, Trippier among others - hardly broke the bank. 

Done very well no disputing that and compared to many, they haven't spent much no.

I suppose a key thought of mine was 'Tottenham will come again. Liverpool will come again. Ajax as per modern economics will lose many players- and that's a shame from a football POV- so I hope they win it'.

Tottenham have punched above though- would sooner they win the final as it's their first but either way it'll be a great watch.

My barber is a Tottenham fan- actually from Tottenham or similar area- he was convinced they were out after 2-3 games in Group stage! :laugh:

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tottenham that 2nd half quite terrific. 

Ziyech with his 2 big misses at 2-2 will be feeling pretty distraught.

Won't try hide it, wanted Ajax to win because they're a talent factory, decimated by Bosman etc and their team will be decimated in the summer.

As they would say BOVVERED!!

Archived