IGNORED

Bored now

harvey54

there are all the play off games in the next 10 days, also the champions League final on June 1st, every chance at least one British club will be in the Europa league final then there is the nations league semi finals in June of which England are involved plus the play off finals at the end of this month and you say you are bored!!

How about all us bored City fans get behind Forest Green Rovers (and just try to forgive the R bit of their name) in their play-off game(s)? Starting with their game away to Tranmere on Friday.

Personally I’d be delighted if they get promoted. 

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

there are all the play off games in the next 10 days, also the champions League final on June 1st, every chance at least one British club will be in the Europa league final then there is the nations league semi finals in June of which England are involved plus the play off finals at the end of this month and you say you are bored!!

Plus the women’s World Cup................:cool2:

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

Always makes me chuckle about British clubs doing well in Europe - foreign owners, foreign coaches and mostly foreign players, only thing British are the fans!

I guess that’s the way of the world these days so there’s really not many other options if you want to follow a true ‘British’ club. 

3 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Always makes me chuckle about British clubs doing well in Europe - foreign owners, foreign coaches and mostly foreign players, only thing British are the fans!

I guess that’s the way of the world these days so there’s really not many other options if you want to follow a true ‘British’ club. 

Even city now have their fair share of foreign players, as you say it's the way things are now the genie is well and truly out of the bottle, and there is seemingly no going back to the good old days when most teams had players that lived in the area.

30 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Will the Champions League final be on BT Sport only or is it one of those that has to be on free tv? I should be able to remember from last season but am clearly getting senile....

BT sport have the rights so i seriously doubt they’ll sell any coverage to ITV. 

I daresay loads of pubs/clubs will have BT tv.

1 hour ago, Jerseybean said:

How about all us bored City fans get behind Forest Green Rovers (and just try to forgive the R bit of their name) in their play-off game(s)? Starting with their game away to Tranmere on Friday.

Personally I’d be delighted if they get promoted. 

Newport v Mansfield tonight. Will there be teds in the away end?

44 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Any idea when this is?

Want to make sure I avoid it and all the nauseating BBC superhype in the lead up.

England play Scotland on the 9th June.

Unless you avoid the BBC you won’t be able to avoid the hype.

33 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Newport v Mansfield tonight. Will there be teds in the away end?

If I get chance to watch it, want to take a close look at Tyler Walker (Des’s son on loan from Forest).  Thought he had something about him on loan at Bolton last season, and has had a good season on the goalscoring front this season.

2 hours ago, Red DNA said:

Manor Farm FC?

2 hours ago, Red DNA said:

I checked the Ajax team, expecting eleven new Dutch names to get me tongue around, only to find just four native Netherlanders in their starting line up.

Same for Liverpool - four Brits - and Barcelona - four Spaniards. Tottenham started with three Ingerlunders, although that would've been four had Kane been fit.

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I checked the Ajax team, expecting eleven new Dutch names to get me tongue around, only to find just four native Netherlanders in their starting line up.

Same for Liverpool - four Brits - and Barcelona - four Spaniards. Tottenham started with three Ingerlunders, although that would've been four had Kane been fit.

I think in Spain they’re not allowed to have foreign owners? I don’t think they welcome foreign coaches (except the Blagdon Lioness of course) into their clubs either. 

Just makes you realise how unusual / lucky we are having a English owner and coach at Ashton Gate. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If I get chance to watch it, want to take a close look at Tyler Walker (Des’s son on loan from Forest).  Thought he had something about him on loan at Bolton last season, and has had a good season on the goalscoring front this season.

He`s a strange one. He seems to have been about for a bit but hasn`t kicked on as much as I thought he would TBH.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`s a strange one. He seems to have been about for a bit but hasn`t kicked on as much as I thought he would TBH.

I missed the game, but just turned on to see him get MOTM.  Was he decent?

• Admin
21 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Bloody long time til next season 

Meh........

How did you cope with international breaks and times when we played away consecutively?

Actually looking forward to the break for a few months

18 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

In an example of how the game has changed, under the old 3 foreign players rule, if it were re-implemented tomorrow a lot of clubs in European competition would be screwed.

Essentially, this rule ran until European Courts kicked it out in late 1995, unsure when it started but a club could have 3 starters who were foreign and 2 home grown foreigners- probably linked to academy.

Example. Christensen could've started for Chelsea as he was academy based. A difference would be of course that Ajax have lots of Dutch players in their squad so could make up the shortfall quite easily, some clubs not so much.

Incidentally, under the old foreign players rule, even Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh counted as foreign- it was English aside from 3 foreign players and 2 home grown academy players- same would go for any other nation. Hence, Robertson and Ben Davies would have been foreign. Foreign opponents this week, I'll look this up later- just for a bit of fun.

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In an example of how the game has changed, under the old 3 foreign players rule, if it were re-implemented tomorrow a lot of clubs in European competition would be screwed.

Essentially, this rule ran until European Courts kicked it out in late 1995, unsure when it started but a club could have 3 starters who were foreign and 2 home grown foreigners- probably linked to academy.

Example. Christensen could've started for Chelsea as he was academy based. A difference would be of course that Ajax have lots of Dutch players in their squad so could make up the shortfall quite easily, some clubs not so much.

Incidentally, under the old foreign players rule, even Northern Irish, Scottish and Welsh counted as foreign- it was English aside from 3 foreign players and 2 home grown academy players- same would go for any other nation. Hence, Robertson and Ben Davies would have been foreign. Foreign opponents this week, I'll look this up later- just for a bit of fun.

I remember Man U getting tonked by Galatasaray because Fergie could only picked Cantona or Hughes, not both.  He picked Cantona.

Archived