IGNORED

Pre-Season Friendlies/USA Plans (Merged)

BCFC1512

12 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

No they played it against police advise, but there was a heavy police presence, 

Fair do's mate I forgot that. But surely the OB could put their foot down rather than just advise in future if they really wanted ? 

Thinking about it they probably would do the same thing and hoover up a few dozen "lads" for waving their arms about.

Either way, hope we never play them again!

10 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Fair do's mate I forgot that. But surely the OB could put their foot down rather than just advise in future if they really wanted ? 

Thinking about it they probably would do the same thing and hoover up a few dozen "lads" for waving their arms about.

Either way, hope we never play them again!

Police said after the game, which there was trouble outside, they would stop any further Friendly's between these 2 clubs, 

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

Police said after the game, which there was trouble outside, they would stop any further Friendly's between these 2 clubs, 

They have no jurisdiction to stop any game.

23 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Think it's about time to have another Bristol derby.  It will never happen in the league, so may as well be a pre-season game. 

The only question is, would we give them the chance to bask in the glory of Ashton Gate?  Or give us a laugh at their ground?

I'm serious though, it would be an interesting pre-season fixture.

Not sure that will be happening ???

16 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Used to like going to weymouths old ground.

I dont know if we have played them in a friendly since the 80s?

Yeh - lots of times - I remember seeing us beating them 0-4 down there in 2009 and I also remember going down there to watch us win 2-5 in a friendly, Scott Murray was playing so it was way after the 80s ...

12 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Id go down there for the chippy by the clock tower alone.

Fritz is a superb chip shop close to the harbour bridge, next to the Market Tavern pub imo!

On 10/05/2019 at 10:07, phantom said:

We certainly charge sides for us visiting

Torquay awy 100% nailed on

Expect the U23's to play at WSM

Community game ?

full squad at WSM...

last time that happened city won the league, Weston won 2-1 with a Jake Mawford solo through the city defence, great goal. it was good seeing jet and co at the Woodspring and a 2000 crowd.

Torquay looks a definite but I expect it to be the same old otherwise. One home game against a low prem or mid table European side, a community game (I suspect Yate could be a possibility as a good way to celebrate their promotion) and the rest a mix of 1st team and U23 fixtures against Cheltenham, FGR, WSM and Bath City. 

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Join the queue - but there’s a long waiting list.... and they don’t come cheap.

Wasn't it Bournemouth who played Real Madrid in a friendly and then had to charge something like £60 a ticket to make it financially viable .

On 09/05/2019 at 21:17, Judda said:

I was disappointed last season.  Thought we'd have a good ream to celebrate the new stadium... probably home to Hull then!

Well I'm not one to judge, but that's a little extreme wanting the club to give you a good ream just to celebrate a rebuild.....  

• Admin
5 hours ago, weepywall said:

Wasn't it Bournemouth who played Real Madrid in a friendly and then had to charge something like £60 a ticket to make it financially viable .

True, but remember they only have a capacity of 11360 - would assume if they had 20k+ it would have been cheaper?

Archived