IGNORED

Pre-Season Friendlies/USA Plans (Merged)

BCFC1512

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Maybe Ajax or Barcelona as they will now have a bit of time on their hands.

It wasn't that ago that it dawned on me that all the worldwide known football clubs, Real Madrid, Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool ect ect actually charge the home team to come and play them in a pre season friendly and they all have long waiting lists....

Ffs......you’d have thought that they’re rich enough already.

Think it's about time to have another Bristol derby.  It will never happen in the league, so may as well be a pre-season game. 

The only question is, would we give them the chance to bask in the glory of Ashton Gate?  Or give us a laugh at their ground?

I'm serious though, it would be an interesting pre-season fixture.

25 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Think it's about time to have another Bristol derby.  It will never happen in the league, so may as well be a pre-season game. 

The only question is, would we give them the chance to bask in the glory of Ashton Gate?  Or give us a laugh at their ground?

Nah, would rather we never played them again. 

Wouldnt want to go to their swamp and wouldn’t want them ripping up seats in our ground

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

On football manager I always book in a pre-season game against Rovers. Always nice to get a good laugh in during pre-season. 

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Funnily enough we’re playing them tonight! 

https://twitter.com/tinnion_brian/status/1126734053967687681?s=21

11 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Police wouldn't allow it

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

It wasn't that ago that it dawned on me that all the worldwide known football clubs, Real Madrid, Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool ect ect actually charge the home team to come and play them in a pre season friendly and they all have long waiting lists....

Ffs......you’d have thought that they’re rich enough already.

Nearly all teams charge to play pre season friendlies, its not just what the "big" clubs do.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Used to like going to weymouths old ground.

I dont know if we have played them in a friendly since the 80s?

Only once I can remember going there. I guess it was the early 2000’s. Around the time the had Steve Claridge involved there, I think. 

12 hours ago, reddogkev said:

That could class as the community match, couldn’t it..?!

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Nah, would rather we never played them again. 

Wouldnt want to go to their swamp and wouldn’t want them ripping up seats in our ground

I could definitely see them damaging our ground out of bitterness so unsure why the eggplant reaction.

Hate them and wouldn't wish to give them any revenue

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I could definitely see them damaging our ground out of bitterness so unsure why the eggplant reaction.

Hate them and wouldn't wish to give them any revenue

It’s a personal vendetta he has against me, he eggplants the majority of my posts for some reason. 

I just ignore it tbh

• Admin
27 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Nearly all teams charge to play pre season friendlies, its not just what the "big" clubs do.

We certainly charge sides for us visiting

Torquay awy 100% nailed on

Expect the U23's to play at WSM

Community game ?

55 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Didn't they say after they wouldnt allow anymore friendly games?

Dunno but that would make sense to be fair.

I see no benefit whatsoever in City playing that lot unless compelled to do so in a national cup competition, and I wouldn't want Celtic down here either as has been mooted in the past.Too much potential agro and police costs.

As for Botswana, please no !

I think as fans we see friendlies differently to coaches. Clearly LJ will help out his old man as usual but a loosener at Torquay and chance for youngsters to get involved. A step up versus say Cheltenham, another against Pompey, and then a final warm up against an established PL side such as Bournemouth.

Couldn't really complain even if a bit boring if it prepared the squad for another Champ season

Archived