IGNORED

Pre-Season Friendlies/USA Plans (Merged)

BCFC1512

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

City usa if you go the the acadmey hotel on north academy blvd in the springs theres a city scarf behind the bar.

Cool. I'll check it out next time we're down there. Did you put it there?

22 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Yep been to the springs twice, love it there, cant beat the bus ride to cripple creek.

Stayed in manitou last time.

Not far from pikes peak.

It is a beautiful place and Cripple Creek is always fun!

If you're in the area again, give me a shout, I love to meet up with fellow Reds. There are some decent Ciders in CO that we could enjoy also.

13 hours ago, City_USA said:

Is it confirmed that the squad is staying in Bradenton?  I thought it was St Petersburg near the Al Lang Stadium? I know the match against Derby will be played in Bradenton, I assumed that's where Derby were staying. Anyone know for sure?

16 hours ago, Fitzy Red said:

Hi 

I’m looking To travel out to Florida from UK 12th July from Gatwick

Are there many travelling from the UK 

Where are people staying ?

City squad staying in IMG Branendon

You are correct, The team is staying in Bradenton FL. 

I'm currently looking at accommodations nearby on AirBnb near the IMG academy.

Has anyone else booked there accommodations  yet?  If so, where?

I am assuming fellow Reds will want to get together for a few pints.

On 14/06/2019 at 16:31, ExiledAjax said:

For anyone heading to Tampa - the Derby game is actually in Bradenton/Sarasota, about 45 - 60 minutes drive south of Tampa proper. Sarasota does have an airport that says it is 'International' so might be worth looking at flights to get there rather than flying into Tampa's airport. I have not checked this myself but might just be a better option.

I owned timeshare on Bradenton Beach for 25 years up until last year and went there every year for the first 12 years and have been back a few times since. It's a gorgeous piece of coastline, possibly even better than the keys which gets so many plaudits. 
Anyway, flights into Tampa or Sarasota will be unlikely to be cheaper than the option we used to use, Orlando/Sanford and hire a car (which you will need to do anyway).  Once we got a fantastic deal on a flight into Tampa which was cheaper than the Orlando options, but it seemed to be some sort of one off, (possibly a charter that wasn't actually used in the end) as I never saw anything near it again. 

You can pick up some reasonably cheap accommodation along Bradenton Beach up to Anna Maria Island and I would recommend it. It's also worth haggling prices with the local motels if you wish to just take a chance. We used to spend a week travelling around on most holidays and we would book accommodation for the first night and then wing it from that point on, depending on where we fancied going (or where the weather was better in hurricane season!).  We found that many of the hotels would do deals if you headed for the door when they make their first offer. 

I can recommend ST Armands Circle, Sarasota for some upmarket shopping and nice food also, one of our own that used to post on here as Florida Red, owns this place https://www.cafeonthebayou.com/ if you fancy a drive up to St Petes/Pinellas. I am sure you would be very welcome. :)  

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I owned timeshare on Bradenton Beach for 25 years up until last year and went there every year for the first 12 years and have been back a few times since. It's a gorgeous piece of coastline, possibly even better than the keys which gets so many plaudits. 
Anyway, flights into Tampa or Sarasota will be unlikely to be cheaper than the option we used to use, Orlando/Sanford and hire a car (which you will need to do anyway).  Once we got a fantastic deal on a flight into Tampa which was cheaper than the Orlando options, but it seemed to be some sort of one off, (possibly a charter that wasn't actually used in the end) as I never saw anything near it again. 

You can pick up some reasonably cheap accommodation along Bradenton Beach up to Anna Maria Island and I would recommend it. It's also worth haggling prices with the local motels if you wish to just take a chance. We used to spend a week travelling around on most holidays and we would book accommodation for the first night and then wing it from that point on, depending on where we fancied going (or where the weather was better in hurricane season!).  We found that many of the hotels would do deals if you headed for the door when they make their first offer. 

I can recommend ST Armands Circle, Sarasota for some upmarket shopping and nice food also, one of our own that used to post on here as Florida Red, owns this place https://www.cafeonthebayou.com/ if you fancy a drive up to St Petes/Pinellas. I am sure you would be very welcome. :)  

Cheers for the info. We've gone for flying to Tampa, hire a car, and stay in the Burn Square area of Sarasota. We're coming from the Carribbean not from the UK so flying to Orlando direct wasn't an option. Nice long weekend of it hopefully. 

Would never normally be the sort to go on pre-season but circumstances dictate that this is likely the only chance I get to see City play live this season!

Hi City USA

Im looking for accommodation in Bradenton for 1 week 12th to 19th July

Im travelling alone from UK at the moment

Would not mind to guest an Airbnb and share cost 

Anyone else want to share cost

Im driving to Gatwick Fri 12th returning 19th July

Flights to Orlando are £500

Hire car to Bradenton

Anyone else interested ?

32 minutes ago, Fitzy Red said:

Hi City USA

Im looking for accommodation in Bradenton for 1 week 12th to 19th July

Im travelling alone from UK at the moment

Would not mind to guest an Airbnb and share cost 

Anyone else want to share cost

Im driving to Gatwick Fri 12th returning 19th July

Flights to Orlando are £500

Hire car to Bradenton

Anyone else interested ?

Hi Fitzy Red

Sure, I'd be interested in sharing an AirBnb  as long as it had private bedrooms, I'm a little old in the tooth to be sharing dorm style.

I am flying in and out of Tampa so wouldn't be able to share the driving from Orlando.

I arrive in Tampa on the 11th and leave on the 16th

Interested in sharing with others also as long as we all think we'd get along. Maybe require pm each other to determine?

Hi City USA

Totally agree separate rooms I’m no spring chicken I’m 53

Would love to have a pool if possible

If we could get someone else and 3 bedrooms would be great

6 hours ago, City_USA said:

You are correct, The team is staying in Bradenton FL. 

I'm currently looking at accommodations nearby on AirBnb near the IMG academy.

Has anyone else booked there accommodations  yet?  If so, where?

I am assuming fellow Reds will want to get together for a few pints.

9 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Hi Fitzy Red

Sure, I'd be interested in sharing an AirBnb  as long as it had private bedrooms, I'm a little old in the tooth to be sharing dorm style.

I am flying in and out of Tampa so wouldn't be able to share the driving from Orlando.

I arrive in Tampa on the 11th and leave on the 16th

Interested in sharing with others also as long as we all think we'd get along. Maybe require pm each other to determine?

Just had a quick look on here and can't see a similar thread, thought it would make interesting reading.

How many of you are going to Florida in July to watch City?  If I had the money I'd go, but I don't, so I can't.

Any of you going, or know City fans going?  Any flights from Bristol airport?

This must be the first time City have travelled to America for pre-season friendlies. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just had a quick look on here and can't see a similar thread, thought it would make interesting reading.

How many of you are going to Florida in July to watch City?  If I had the money I'd go, but I don't, so I can't.

Any of you going, or know City fans going?  Any flights from Bristol airport?

This must be the first time City have travelled to America for pre-season friendlies. 

A few have started making arrangements here

I hope we're doing more than playing Derby County while we're in America.

Despite their football culture being a bit weird, they have a number or professional-level leagues that could give us a good game, and their seasons are already underway so we'll have the added challenge of playing a team that's already fit.

I suppose the big benefit of playing in America, and one reason why a lot of big clubs love playing abroad, is because they get to train at the top athletic facilities they've got there. I assume LJ and co have a decent spread sorted out for the lads, and this pre-season should result in our players being in top-shape for the coming season.

Fair play to anyone that goes over to Florida to watch City, especially during the summer when the price of flights is through the roof.

I think you'd have to take the family with you to make it worthwhile, unless you earn enough to blow several grand on it.

If been doing some research on AirBnb and there is a Condominium complex near the IMG academy called "Shorewalk" in Bradenton.

The prices are very reasonable average $100 per night for 2 bedroom condos that sleep 4 and some of the hosts are "Superhosts" which is a good sign. ( I am an AirBnb "superhost" myself)

There are several properties available for the tour dates and could be a good option for both access to IMG and about 10mins from the beach.

The complex also has a couple of pools onsite.

Anyway, food for thought. PM for more info

2 hours ago, City_USA said:

If been doing some research on AirBnb and there is a Condominium complex near the IMG academy called "Shorewalk" in Bradenton.

The prices are very reasonable average $100 per night for 2 bedroom condos that sleep 4 and some of the hosts are "Superhosts" which is a good sign. ( I am an AirBnb "superhost" myself)

There are several properties available for the tour dates and could be a good option for both access to IMG and about 10mins from the beach.

The complex also has a couple of pools onsite.

Anyway, food for thought. PM for more info

Sounds great anyone else thinking of going ?

Here's what Tripadvisor has to say about the place

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60786-d126169-Reviews-or10-Shorewalk_Vacation_Villas-Bradenton_Florida.html

Still cheaper to book through AirBnb than than resorts website and deal directly with the owners.

Just a short walk from IMG academy.  LJ and the boys could stop by for a visit and a couple of cold ones!

City will face Sarasota Metropolis as part of their pre-season tour in Florida.

The USL League Two side will be City’s second opponents in the USA, following the game with Derby County on Saturday, July 13th.

City v Sarasota Metropolis kicks off at 11am local time (4pm GMT) on Friday, July 19th at the IMG Academy.

41 minutes ago, hodge said:

City will face Sarasota Metropolis as part of their pre-season tour in Florida.

The USL League Two side will be City’s second opponents in the USA, following the game with Derby County on Saturday, July 13th.

City v Sarasota Metropolis kicks off at 11am local time (4pm GMT) on Friday, July 19th at the IMG Academy.

Based on their performances this season, more for building links and convenient location than quality of the opposition.

image.thumb.png.15ec3f2e302636b2124ba7ad221ed773.png

9 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Has anyone seen any ticket information released for Tuesday’s game at Wimbledon? I had a look a couple of days ago but couldn’t find anything!

£15 and pay on the day

On 24/06/2019 at 22:40, Fitzy Red said:

Hi 

I’m looking To travel out to Florida from UK 12th July from Gatwick

Are there many travelling from the UK 

Where are people staying ?

City squad staying in IMG Branendon

Hi ...If you get a bit of time have a afternoon on St Pete's beach....loved my time there a couple of years ago

Open training session at 09:30am local time on Monday 15th. Followed by a Q&A with Johnson.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/open-training-for-city-fans-in-florida/

Anyone who's been to this kind of thing before (or @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO) know roughly how long the session might last? I assume it will be 2-3 hours but just wonder. I'll be flying out of Tampa that afternoon.

On 09/07/2019 at 13:54, ExiledAjax said:

Open training session at 09:30am local time on Monday 15th. Followed by a Q&A with Johnson.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/open-training-for-city-fans-in-florida/

Anyone who's been to this kind of thing before (or @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO) know roughly how long the session might last? I assume it will be 2-3 hours but just wonder. I'll be flying out of Tampa that afternoon.

Hello, I would recommend arriving at IMG at 9:30am. When you get to the main gates campus security will be able to advise the location of the session.

Everything should be done by midday. At the end of the session there will be the opportunity to get autographs/photos and the manager will also take part in the Q&A. 

See you on Monday. 

Archived