IGNORED

Europa League Discussions (Merged)

Unan

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Not very likeable are they, Chelski

All English finals will be great but cant help half hoping the plucky underdogs do it here

That's how I'm feeling, I want Chelsea to win but then I've been half hoping Frankfurt break and score themselves.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I dunno.....did we hate the Italians or Spanish when their clubs were dominating Europe?

No, we didn't, but then again, we're pretty passive as a nation. Mainly because we've been trained not to be too patriotic.

Fantastic. Four English teams in the two major European finals. Have it ??????????????

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Am I right in thinking the Arsenal Vs Chelsea game will also decide who the last champions League place goes to?

Not really in the sense that Chelsea will qualify no matter what if they finish top 4. If Arsenal win it'll be 5 English teams in the CL

25 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I struggle to get too excited by English dominance given the lack of English players. Looks more like the mercenary league every year.

Understand that. You could add lack of English managers and owners as well. TBH the Premier League does little for me and can’t be arsed to watch many matches any more.

With Europe though, it’s still about ‘our’ Clubs flying the English League flag with the (predominantly!) English fans. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I dunno.....did we hate the Italians or Spanish when their clubs were dominating Europe?

Ok not exactly hate but bloody well disliking the fact that 4 English teams are in the finals and they have to suck it up this year, also i didn't like watching the Spanish and Italians win either when they were ruling European competitions, I want to see English teams, whoever they are win in Europe.

I did want all 4 English clubs to make it to the final of each Competition, until Chelsea’s Christensen went off injured and seemingly because they don’t get along Sarri instead of doing what every other manager would do (for the good of the team) and replace like for like and bring Cahill on he completely ignored him and brought on another RB and shifted the other RB into central defence! I thought it was bang out of order and you could tell by the look on Cahill’s face he couldn’t either, then 5mins later Azpilecueta should of seen red. Luckily for them they scraped through but I was hoping they’d lose out solely due to Sarri’s petulance, by the sounds of things Chelsea fans aren’t too keen on him so imo he’ll be gone in the summer.

9 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I struggle to get too excited by English dominance given the lack of English players. Looks more like the mercenary league every year.

Mercenary it is.

The teams in question do play football in differing manners and are coached by brilliant coaches. These coaches are having a favourable effect on football in this Country. Football is being viewed in a different manner. Positives to be sat alongside the negatives which are there.

Reading a fair few of the BBC HYS Comments and the arrogance of some of the media is a reason I struggle to warm to our big clubs in Europe. Having said that, I don't read foreign media- I know though I have a strong antipathy towards PSG, Real Madrid- sheikhs and arrogance respectively, Bayern- arrogance and competition killing domestically, Juventus- Calciopoli, AC Milan- owned by a hedge fund, Inter Milan- owned by the Chinese.

Whinging, bitching about the location of the EL finals- admittedly Baku is a bit of a stretch, a problem, especially given no direct flights from London at that time!

Newsflash- game is global, if you don't like it don't go. Madrid though, no cause for complaints there- these were decided a decent amount of time in advance.

The (selective)? ignorance of some on there too- 'Azerbaijan is not in Europe', well neither is Israel geographically speaking but nobody complains about them being in UEFA.

6,000 tickets apiece in a 69,000 stadium is a joke though, beyond a joke!

Now Azerbaijan has a very questionable human rights record FWIW. So too do the Sheikhs at Man City, yet who complains? What's good for the goose- the Sheikhs are probably worse rights wise tbh.

The one I don't get about Europe though is Kazakhstan- that literally is Central Asia so why they're in UEFA!?

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I did want all 4 English clubs to make it to the final of each Competition, until Chelsea’s Christensen went off injured and seemingly because they don’t get along Sarri instead of doing what every other manager would do (for the good of the team) and replace like for like and bring Cahill on he completely ignored him and brought on another RB and shifted the other RB into central defence! I thought it was bang out of order and you could tell by the look on Cahill’s face he couldn’t either, then 5mins later Azpilecueta should of seen red. Luckily for them they scraped through but I was hoping they’d lose out solely due to Sarri’s petulance, by the sounds of things Chelsea fans aren’t too keen on him so imo he’ll be gone in the summer.

I can't have too much sympathy with Cahill. He was told last August by Sarri that he would not be part of his plans and could leave. Cahill decided or realised that he would not earn the same money elsewhere so sat on his contract at Chelsea. No sympathy.

Archived