IGNORED

Who is our in-squad signing of the summer?

Citychuds

Whilst I still get excited by the transfer market, the last few summer breaks have provided another dimension. The player who is in our squad who is the equivalent of a new signing come kick off in August. Whether it be a player staying unexpectedly like Flint two years ago or the emergence of a previously non-existent player such as Reid two years ago or Eliasson last summer. Who will it be this year?

A lot will depend on how we play, but I think Semenyo, if he can get pre-season behind him and get up to Champ speed, could be a real asset.

The other one, Nic Eliasson, If we get a striker upgrade.  If we get someone in who can make good runs off their CBs, then Nic could make them even better with his crossing.

Just now, devoncider said:

going to stick my neck out massively here and go Liam Walsh 

I was thinking that until he came on against Reading. He wasnt awful he just seemed a little out of his depth. Almost like he was trying to think too much about what he was doing. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A lot will depend on how we play, but I think Semenyo, if he can get pre-season behind him and get up to Champ speed, could be a real asset.

The other one, Nic Eliasson, If we get a striker upgrade.  If we get someone in who can make good runs off their CBs, then Nic could make them even better with his crossing.

Really hope Semenyo  gets a real chance next season.

It's good that we have several former Academy boys and those young recruits to look forward to. 

Bakinson, Walsh, Morrell, Vyner, Moore, Semenyo, Kelly, O'Leary, Jonny Smith, Pearson, Janneh, Lemonheigh- Evans. Have I missed any? Could also include Eliasson and Eisa? I'm assuming O'Dowda will move

When did we last have a collection like this? I believe that given the right opportunities, two or three could become regular choices next season.

The biggest drawback is that if we are immediately in the top six, there may be a reluctance on LJ's part to rock the boat. If we're hovering around 5th to 9th, he may stick with the more experienced members of squad.

Super successful such as runaway top two and it may be OK to play them.

Even without new purchases, we would be silly not to believe that it will not be a good season to come.

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Going to stick my neck out and say Adelakun. 

I missed him. Senility beckons.

1 hour ago, devoncider said:

going to stick my neck out massively here and go Liam Walsh 

I reckon Walsh is quality but I'm really not sure how he's gonna ever get a proper chance here.  It feels like one of those signings that's always gonna be slightly behind where we are (and more importantly where we're trying to be).

Presumably Pack and Brownhill will still be here next season.  If we sign another centre midfielder as many people are hoping, when's Walsh gonna get a chance?  He'll get the odd game here and there again and unless he's absolutely phenomenal his chances will continue to be limited

3 minutes ago, Roe said:

I reckon Walsh is quality but I'm really not sure how he's gonna ever get a proper chance here.  It feels like one of those signings that's always gonna be slightly behind where we are (and more importantly where we're trying to be).

Presumably Pack and Brownhill will still be here next season.  If we sign another centre midfielder as many people are hoping, when's Walsh gonna get a chance?  He'll get the odd game here and there again and unless he's absolutely phenomenal is chances will continue to be limited

I felt like that about BR before he turned into a beast. Of course that was a special situation but ya never know! I do agree with your point tho 

52 minutes ago, Roe said:

I know what you mean, but think maybe he's a bit further forward than that. In the autumn, when Korey was injured, it felt like he was being picked most weeks. It was terrible timing for him that he then picked up his own serious injury. Otherwise perhaps he'd have got a good run of games. Fingers crossed he has better luck next season.

3 hours ago, Citychuds said:

Whilst I still get excited by the transfer market, the last few summer breaks have provided another dimension. The player who is in our squad who is the equivalent of a new signing come kick off in August. Whether it be a player staying unexpectedly like Flint two years ago or the emergence of a previously non-existent player such as Reid two years ago or Eliasson last summer. Who will it be this year?

Eisa or Semenyo. Need goals

Archived