IGNORED

Top Players in Championship

foghornred

Four Four two magazine have come up with the top players in the Championship and the only Bristol City player is Adam Webster at number 30 !

Two ex city players are there with Luke Freeman @51 and Tammy Abraham @6 , I suppose that its good that we are a bit under the radar and that some of our other stars are not included.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/best-players-football-league-season-201819

How the 2 Leeds centre half’s both got in the TOTY especially ahead of Webster or even Kalas for that matter is frankly baffling, given our defensive record this season aswell, am I right in saying this is voted for by the players?

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

How the 2 Leeds centre half’s both got in the TOTY especially ahead of Webster or even Kalas for that matter is frankly baffling, given our defensive record this season aswell, am I right in saying this is voted for by the players?

PFA team of the year is yes. However, always remember that the vote is held in February/March when the season is only about 65/70% done. This is because they have to have the awards dinners before the end of the season as otherwise no-one turns up because they are all in Vegas/Dubai/Marbella on their post-season holidays.

So it needs to be taken with a bucket of salt.

Still outrageous that Webster didn't make it.

Our team was greater than the sum total of its parts, other than webster or Kalas we didn't have any real stand out consistent performers imo, which helped our success but was also a reason we fell just short. No suprise our players aren't rated as the best in the championship. 

Archived