IGNORED

Tranmere v FGR

old_eastender

7 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

The last time I was there they had Pat Nevin and John Aldridge., that seems a while ago...

?

They always used to stuff us at Prenton Park back in the days of Ian Muir, Johnny Morrisey, Eric Nixon, Ged Brannan, Dave Challinor and all the rest. I particularly recall driving up on my own in a mini van with no heating to see us get beat 6-0 one Friday night.

Edit. In the pouring rain too IIRC

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They always used to stuff us at Prenton Park back in the days of Ian Muir, Johnny Morrisey, Eric Nixon, Ged Brannan, Dave Challinor and all the rest. I particularly recall driving up on my own in a mini van with no heating to see us get beat 6-0 one Friday night.

Edit. In the pouring rain too IIRC

Mostly on a Friday night around that time,  I think the 6-0 was 89/90, my mate went if I remember rightly.. 

Looking back again at HT Tranmere very lucky to be 11 v 10 for me

If you're sending off the FGR guy, Norwood should go (for that arm in the mush alone) or 2 yellows at least.

A bit of consistency and fairness to the home AND away side is all we ask for and time and time again we're not getting it.

5 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not good enough and would be quickly found out as he is so left footed.  His right leg is obviously for nothing more than standing on. 

That isn't always a deal breaker, but i was surprised to read he is 29. Looks about 20   :laugh:

15 minutes ago, Red7 said:

I remember that night - despite trying my hardest to forget it. Awful trip.

It was so out of keeping with the rest of the season, which was brilliant (Rovers away aside) we played some great stuff... 

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wall-to-wall tomorrow.

Villa v Baggies at 12:30

Fylde v Salford 3:00

FLDC v Leeds 5:15

Sunderland v Pompey 7:30

Some tight-looking matches there. Fair play to anybody who wins an Acca on these four games. Three draws and a Sunderland win for me. 

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wall-to-wall tomorrow.

Villa v Baggies at 12:30

Fylde v Salford 3:00

FLDC v Leeds 5:15

Sunderland v Pompey 7:30

God. That is going to make pub visits and booze management difficult.

Granted, I have no interest in Flyde, but...

If I am in the pub for the first game, I will likely be clinically dead by the time the Sunderland game ends.

I might be just significantly unwell for the second legs, assuming I don't actually die.

I'll give it a go. If you don't hear from me, it's because I died trying.

Archived